Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new TV looks great but takes time to get used to.

The only problem I have is with e-mail notifications of new posts to topics I have subscribed to.

In the past I got one e-mail notification for replies that came in while I was not in TV. Now I get an e-mail for each and every reply!

My settings have been for a long time set to "immediate notification" and it worked well, whereas delayed notification did only work when I actually logged out of TV.

I did read the note in the new notification e-mail. Does this mean that now delayed notification will work even if I stay logged in but not actually have TV open?

opalhort

Suggestion,

Any chance of having the divider line back under the pinned items as it is missing now :D

Sawadee :)

P.S. looks not too bad me think. :D

Three small issues:

1) Clicking on my TV desktop icon, I was taken to the registration page every time. ( Had to repress ihe urge to register under a new name, FLAMING TROLL or whatever.) Going into the forum and creating a new desktop icon took care of this problem.

2) But now every time going into the forum directly, I still have to sign in every time. TV doesn't seem to be able to leave a cookie on my hard disk anymore, that tells them I am me.

3) Please consider changing the background colour. The old background colour was pleasant, and this one hurts the eyes. Have pity on all these guys staring at the screen late at night after XX beers, their eyes will become red.

Edited by keestha

Issue :

When clicking on the news headlines on the Thaivisa Portal page (thaivisa.com ) you get redirected to TV homepage.( thaivisa/forum )

Was above issue addressed/answered? I'm having the same problem.

The problem also exists when clicking on a link in the Nation Newspaper on a specific topic it just takes me to the overall forum topics area and not the specific topic area or specific topic. At that point I just cancel because I'm too lazy to try to find the specific topic in the haystack. It seems it's really easy to end up at the main forum areas versus the specific topic. I've deleted by IE8 browsing history, cookies, press Ctrl-F5, etc., but it didn't help. All my other web links to other sites like CNN, Blomberg, etc...etc...etc., still work fine so I don't think it's any of my computer/browser settings. Thanks...and I know software upgrades can be a pain.

P.S. Also hope the quote separations via color coding on pre-upgrade posts do come back as the upgrade continues.

Issue :

When clicking on the news headlines on the Thaivisa Portal page (thaivisa.com ) you get redirected to TV homepage.( thaivisa/forum )

Was above issue addressed/answered? I'm having the same problem...

ISSUE confirmed.

post-21260-017776800 1275922732_thumb.gi

In fact, the URL of the linked news article shows in the address field but the forum home page is displayed on the screen. I suspect it has to do with the fact that conversion/synchronisation of old posts is still in progress.

SUGGESTION: Wait and see if this issue still exists on Friday this week.

--

Maestro

ISSUE:

Where is the option to consider the sub-forum read?

I hope the new features whatever or where ever they are, will be worth the inconvenience you are making some of your members go through.

I know a number of popular websites that changed their look and feel and lost a number of their members, "Lonely Planet", and Facebook come to mind.

I think change is good when it gives people easier and better features.

Its too dark to see, but if you mouse over it you can then see it, this issue has been reported.

post-4641-049256500 1275899510_thumb.jpg

I'm colour blind red/green but still can't see it nor does hovering over where you suggested seem to work. Any chance you can change the colours so it's readable please?

Thanks

Member profiles still refuse access [#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

See here:

Second issue: profiles will be available once the upgrade is complete. Again, its a huge site with alot of data and the migration takes some time

--

Maestro

Its been reported and on the list.

The profile issue has been widely reported and already noted that the issue is being addressed. Please read my second post in this thread regarding profiles and PM.s cheers

1. When I click on my user name at the top left of the forum, instead of seeing my profile I get: An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

I'm trying to find my posts but can't.

I just saw sbk's explanation earlier in the thread. Sounds reasonable. Disregard this post.

Edited by elektrified

Three small issues:

1) Clicking on my TV desktop icon, I was taken to the registration page every time. ( Had to repress ihe urge to register under a new name, FLAMING TROLL or whatever.) Going into the forum and creating a new desktop icon took care of this problem.

2) But now every time going into the forum directly, I still have to sign in every time. TV doesn't seem to be able to leave a cookie on my hard disk anymore, that tells them I am me.

3) Please consider changing the background colour. The old background colour was pleasant, and this one hurts the eyes. Have pity on all these guys staring at the screen late at night after XX beers, their eyes will become red.

I second that; for me it is a drama, being color blind.

Also, the very vague signature and descriptions next/below the Avatar is sooo vague...why ?..sad.gif

LaoPo

Issue :

Was above issue addressed/answered? I'm having the same problem...

ISSUE confirmed.

post-21260-017776800 1275922732_thumb.gi

In fact, the URL of the linked news article shows in the address field but the forum home page is displayed on the screen. I suspect it has to do with the fact that conversion/synchronisation of old posts is still in progress.

SUGGESTION: Wait and see if this issue still exists on Friday this week.

--

Maestro

Thanks...I will check back this Friday as I'm pretty much spinning my wheels right now in trying to use ThaiVisa. This evening/tonight it seems that I always end up back at the ThaiVisa Forum main topics page unless I go under my User ID and select My Content to get back to something I posted...and I pretty much limited to only viewing topics where I have posted someting...I was semi-amazed I was able to get back to this support forum to post this reply as it took some sneaking in the back door it seems like. Other topics I can not reach...it always redirects/returns me to the main forum topics page...and when I click the main topic where I know the post is listed it just returns me back to the main topics page again. It kinda feels like that movie called "Ground Hog Day" or I'm on a Merry Go-Round where I relive the same day over and over pretty much what ever forum I click on ThaiVisa (i.e., pretty much end up back at the forum main topics page regardless of the topics link clicked). And as mentioned earlier I have deleted/cleared my IE8 browsing history, cookies, pressed Crtl-F5, etc. Cheers and Thanks.

Three small issues:

I second that; for me it is a drama, being color blind.

Also, the very vague signature and descriptions next/below the Avatar is sooo vague...why ?..sad.gif

LaoPo

I have to agree also. This new skin is extremely difficult to read. The old presentation was much more practical. Is there a way we can configure the system to use the previous version of the display?

Also, the new version causes Firefox to crash and hang so often that it simply is not usable with the browser anymore. I have been forced to switch to Opera to view TV. I don't doubt this is a FF problem and not an issue with the TV software, but it is still annoying nevertheless.

Was the upgrade really necessary? If we begged and pleaded is there anyway to go back to the old version?

Outside of the functional issues which I am sure will be resolved in the coming days the new site looks great. Visually it is much more appealing than the old TV, yes I know those who hate change will argue with this, they will get used to it in time :)

...Also, the very vague signature and descriptions next/below the Avatar is sooo vague...why ?..sad.gif ...

I prefer that the number of lines below the member name in the left frame be kept low so that a short post without avatar like the example below does not take up too much space on the screen. In the rare cases that I want to know more about a member I can always click on his name to see his profile.

post-88861-039614300 1275933812_thumb.gi

1. On top of the page, where it shows your member name + small photo of Avatar.....it doesn't show the photo anymore. It did earlier today.

2. I got a message from a Mod but can't see/access it. Previously (also today) it was no problem.

LaoPo

1. On top of the page, where it shows your member name + small photo of Avatar.....it doesn't show the photo anymore. It did earlier today.

2. I got a message from a Mod but can't see/access it. Previously (also today) it was no problem.

LaoPo

I have the same problem. Can't view my profile. Have a message from a mod but can't view it.

Are we going to get the 'View my last 10 posts' back?

I hope so, how else can I apologise for the previous nights performance?

:)

It's always mortifying to log in on the morning and see just how badly you've behaved the night before :D

clap2.gif

I just noticed that the TOPIC TITLES in the News Forum are in BLACK* now, instead the blue-on-blue**.

What a relieve !

Thanks so much or is this an experiment ?

* Thailand Forum -> Thailand News clippings Topic Titles now in BLACK

** New content Topic Titles in Blue-on-Blue

EDIT

I just noticed that ALL topic titles, also in New Content are in BLACK; that's marvelous !!! rolleyes.gif

LaoPo wai.gif

Edited by LaoPo

clap2.gif

I just noticed that the TOPIC TITLES in the News Forum are in BLACK* now, instead the blue-on-blue**.

What a relieve !

Thanks so much or is this an experiment ?

* Thailand Forum -> Thailand News clippings Topic Titles now in BLACK

** New content Topic Titles in Blue-on-Blue

EDIT

I just noticed that ALL topic titles, also in New Content are in BLACK; that's marvelous !!! rolleyes.gif

LaoPo wai.gif

Hi LaoPo

All text colors were changed yesterday around noon, it just takes time for your browsers cache to let these changes come through.

Same goes for many of the reported issues in here, they have already been fixed but you are still experiencing them due to your browsers cache.

Some of the issues that has been fixed:

- The 'Mark forum as read' link upper right on forum view is now white text

- The topic description in topic is now white text

- Inserted a separator/divider between pinned and regular topics

To comment on one of the other issues reported by Pib and confirmed by Maestro, about the news links sending you to the forum frontpage:

If you look at the image posted by maestro earlier in this thread, you can see that the URL is missing a 'w' from the 'www' hence you get redirected to the forum frontpage. Same thing is the case with links on the Nation's website, also missing a 'w'.

This is a bug in the forum software and will be resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.