Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

Reply to topic issue. (Minor issue)

I Just went to add a reply to a topic, and selected the "Add Reply" button at the bottom because I did not want to quote any previous posters. However I noticed that it defaulted to quoting a completely unrelated topic which I had reader earlier in the day but not replied to.

I closed my reply without proceeding and tried again. This time it was OK

I think you must have inadvertently clicked on the "Multiquote" button on a post in the "unrelated topic". The function of this button is to do exactly what you saw later when you clicked on "Add Reply".

• Like 1

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reply to topic issue. (Minor issue)

I Just went to add a reply to a topic, and selected the "Add Reply" button at the bottom because I did not want to quote any previous posters. However I noticed that it defaulted to quoting a completely unrelated topic which I had reader earlier in the day but not replied to.

I closed my reply without proceeding and tried again. This time it was OK

I think you must have inadvertently clicked on the "Multiquote" button on a post in the "unrelated topic". The function of this button is to do exactly what you saw later when you clicked on "Add Reply".

Possibly although there was several hours between events.

However at least now I know what the mltiquote button is for:rolleyes:

The having to log in every time bug is starting to be a pain now. Can you please let us know an approx. timeline for when it will be fixed?

Add one more vote for that

More than that, why is is that admin or mod's cannot answer the issues and suggestions posted on the thread/topic that they started.

Tell you what admin, why don't you just close the thread because it seems you don't want to answer peoples queries.

• Like 1

Time to post something motivating for the admin people who are probably working their a___s of trying to fix the problems. I used to be kicked out (logged out) a lot 2 weeks ago but I haven't been kicked out a single time for a week now, IE7

For me the site is clearly getting better

Admins - Please create a log off issues and suggestions from this thread and report status, include the probably hundreds of smaller things that you have fixed since the upgrade without us even knowing and I am sure also issues will be viewed more positively :)

Edited by MikeyIdea

Time to post something motivating for the admin people who are probably working their a___s of trying to fix the problems. I used to be kicked out (logged out) a lot 2 weeks ago but I haven't been kicked out a single time for a week now, IE7

For me the site is clearly getting better

Admins - Please create a log off issues and suggestions from this thread and report status, include the probably hundreds of smaller things that you have fixed since the upgrade without us even knowing and I am sure also issues will be viewed more positively :)

Definitely. In fact I suggested the same thing over a month ago. A simple list controlled by moderators, Bug, symptoms, status and estimated patch date would save a lot of people complaining, and posting repeat issues

I am aware of the magnitude of the task you are undertaking, and also the impossible situation you may well be in with no way to go back to the old system, and probably screaming at your software supplier on a daily basis for fixes, but a little more information would help to keep the customers (users) on your side.

Edited by thaimite
  • Like 1

We are reading ever single report and we are logging all issues.

We will get a software patch from the vendor within a few days, that will resolve most, hopefully all, issues.

Thanks for your patience! :wai:

We will get a software patch from the vendor within a few days, that will resolve most, hopefully all, issues.

George, It's all working great with FireFox and Safari here on a Mac.

Only minor item is that I changed my avatar last week and yesterday it reverted back to the old one. On the "Settings" page my new owl avatar is correctly shown, but the old avatar appears on the posts.

George, It's all working great with FireFox and Safari here on a Mac.

Only minor item is that I changed my avatar last week and yesterday it reverted back to the old one. On the "Settings" page my new owl avatar is correctly shown, but the old avatar appears on the posts.

I can see the Owl. Try pressing CTRL and F5 together on your keyboard.

Is this the old or new one post-36914-038054900 1279071100_thumb.jp

I've been away for a few days so I don't know when this started happening, I have had the problem with having to login every time, no great problem..... now I can't login with Google Chrome at all, it just takes me back to the main forum page when I try.

I have just logged in with FireFox, but I really don't want to use that browser.

Have you had that problem reported boys?

• Like 1

.... now I can't login with Google Chrome at all, it just takes me back to the main forum page when I try.

Same here in IE and Chrome.

For now the only way to log in appears to alow 3rd party cookies. You can do it selectively but this will get you a pop-up asking to allow or not allow the cookies.

If I disable 3rd party cookies in IE or Chrome I can not log in at all.

I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

opalhort

.... now I can't login with Google Chrome at all, it just takes me back to the main forum page when I try.

Same here in IE and Chrome.

For now the only way to log in appears to alow 3rd party cookies. You can do it selectively but this will get you a pop-up asking to allow or not allow the cookies.

If I disable 3rd party cookies in IE or Chrome I can not log in at all.

I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

opalhort

Same here hoping issues will be resolved, I was sucsessfully logged in for a while today and then around 2pm UK time, got booted, when I tried to log in numerous times no joy, just got took me back to the main forum page, so against my wishes I have allowed 3rd party cookies to see if I could log in, still no joy until I scrolled to bottom of page and clicked on Thai visa's "delete my cookies.

I still have to log in every time I visit Thai Visa, this was not the case before the upgrade.

Edited by MB1

Well today when I visited Thai Visa, after doing what I did yesterday, I did'nt need to log in , so yes opalhort it seems that Thai Visa are using third party cookies, will Thai Visa clarify this point.?.

Well today when I visited Thai Visa, after doing what I did yesterday, I did'nt need to log in , so yes opalhort it seems that Thai Visa are using third party cookies, will Thai Visa clarify this point.?.

I'm also waiting for clarification from TV in this regard.

For now I can handle it but it certainly is not a solution if we have to allow 3rd party cookis in order to stay logged in to TV.

opalhort

I'm also waiting for clarification from TV in this regard.

For now I can handle it but it certainly is not a solution if we have to allow 3rd party cookis in order to stay logged in to TV.

opalhort

So,do we get an answer? Helloooo sleeping? :blink: