Your Experiences Of Living Long Term In The Krabi Area

moooooooo

I'm not going to eat 250thb spaghetti at Azurra on the waterfront when I can go up and around the corner and get it for 120thb.

That's why I prefer to go to Azurra to avoid meeting those blokes having nothing else in mind all day long than discussing the beer prices at different bars. The person who started this thread is considering moving from Bangkok to Krabi and I can assure him, it's cheaper although I am sure, that's not his main drive to move. He loves mountain biking, running and swimming. Considering these points relocation to Krabi is certainly a good move.

I'm not going to eat 250thb spaghetti at Azurra on the waterfront when I can go up and around the corner and get it for 120thb.

That's why I prefer to go to Azurra

You like throwing your money away, up to you................I got a condo at Mendawee I'll sell ya.

BTW-don't you hurt your neck always having your nose so far in the air?

I would recommend Krabi town or Ao Nang for anyone who loves a very relaxed, chilled lifestyle. Beaches , rivers, mountains ...whatever takes yer fancy. You fancy a beer on beach and it costs 120B go for it. You wanna beer on the beach for 70B, you can do that too.

Fancy 35B beer you can do that also....You can be in Phuket in 2 hours and have eat at some top restaurants.

I would say come and take a look here, its great.

Oops ! The kiniao feels hurt

Tom wanted to know, how is life in Krabi and considered a move. Than the kiniaos in this forum started to discuss beer prices, jack soda and restaurants to avoid, as the spaghetti is too expensive. I can assure to Tom, life in Krabi is beautiful and he can get almost everything he can get in Bangkok, as well. And when he enjoys outdoor life, cycling, running and swimming, Krabi or Ao Nang is certainly the right place. Since he says, he speaks Thai, he can check beer prices by himself once he is here and which restaurant has quality food, expensive or cheap. And also with internet he won't face any problems. I prefer staying in Ao Nang.

Oops ! The kiniao feels hurt

Tom wanted to know, how is life in Krabi and considered a move. Than the kiniaos in this forum started to discuss beer prices, jack soda and restaurants to avoid, as the spaghetti is too expensive. I can assure to Tom, life in Krabi is beautiful and he can get almost everything he can get in Bangkok, as well. And when he enjoys outdoor life, cycling, running and swimming, Krabi or Ao Nang is certainly the right place. Since he says, he speaks Thai, he can check beer prices by himself once he is here and which restaurant has quality food, expensive or cheap. And also with internet he won't face any problems. I prefer staying in Ao Nang.

Don't even know me and call me keen-yeow just because I post followups how I prefer not to waste my money being overcharged in overpriced marginal Ao-Nang restaurants. My friends I'm sure would disagree with you.

Having traveled the world, having been in the same restaurant where Bill Gates ordered the special, I'd say maybe my perspective is different than yours KM.

AND in my business having to deal with most restaurants in Ao-Nang/Krabi there is not one that is first rate. So go eat Franco's sh**ty spaghetti Bolognese and get overcharged for it. To each their own

We all know that anyone can find cheap beer anywhere in the Kingdom if you drink where the locals drink......Fact!!

but the Op was inquiring about living conditions, not cheap beer!! And for some of us...there is more to life than cheap beer, so why not answer the OP's concerns??

• 3 months later...

without sounding too racist or starting some kind of jihad, what experience do you locals have living in a predominately Muslim area?

as i drive around Krabi, N.E Phuket and Khao Lak and other obviously Muslim areas, there is definitely a different feel to Buddhist Thailand, but what's it like to live there?