Vietnam Visiting

Hello

I am a UK passport holder , My wife has a thai passport (is Thai). I want to book a visit to Vietnam leaving from Bangkok airport. My wife currently does not have any UK visas. Would there be any problem for us to go to Vietnam? Does my wife or myself need any visa or additional paperwork before we go?

All help here appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Your Thai wife will receive a 30 day visa on arrival you need a visa (from Vietnamese Embassy)Very easy procedure. I would not go for the visa on arrival online booking option as you may have to queue at the VN airport immigration for a while.

Checked the Vietnam web site: Vietnam visa fee / Vietnam visa cost, visa price | My Vietnam Visa

UK Citizens need a visa...

"Do UK (British) passport holders need a visa to Vietnam? Visa is required for UK citizens to visit Vietnam. UK, British nationals may have 2 options: Visit Vietnam embassy in UK(London) or apply for a visa on arrival to Vietnam from UK online. Uk, British citizens may apply for both tourist and business visa to Vietnam for the stay of 1 to 6 months from United Kingdom"

It is cheaper to get the visa when you get off the plane for UK citizen...

"Visa on arrival will save you at least 20% over getting a visa at embassy.There will be no consulate fee, no transportation fee to visit an embassy

There will be no postage fee as everything is done over email."

Thai People:

"Do Thai passport holders need a visa to Vietnam? As a part of ASEAN, Thailand citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for 30 days. For stay of longer than 30 days, Thai nationals may have 2 options: Visit Vietnam embassy in Thailand or apply for a visa on arrival to Vietnam from Thailand online. Thai citizens may apply for both tourist and business visa to Vietnam for the stay of 1 to 6 months from Thailand. Please check this link for visa fee for Thai citizens."

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Just read up more, if you are a British Citizen you do not need a visa before you go to Vietnam, but you do need to apply for a visa confirmation letter because you cannot arrive in Vietnam and then get a Visa in the airport like in Bali for example.

What you have to do is apply before hand and receive a visa confirmation letter saying you have a visa waiting for you at the airport in Vietnam. You then pick the visa up at the airport. You will not be let on the plane without a visa or a visa confirmation letter.

For more information about the visa read: Daniel Vaughan.com » Vietnam Visa (on arrival)

Also another link I have found where the letter can be had is: Vietnam Visa Online, Vietnam Visa On Arrival, Tourists, Business | My Vietnam Visa

And the Vietnamese Embassy in the UK: Vietnam-Embassy.org - list of Vietnamese embassies in over 150 cities

I think the question about visiting Thailand has now been dealt with unless I have missed something here.

^ Correct. The Vietnamese Immigration does not have any affiliation with any of the websites that offer the service of providing the letter from Vietnamese Immigration that allows you to travel to Vietnam without a visa and collect the visa upon arrival at the airport. These companies merely facilitate. I have not seen any complaints posted of any specific site ripping people off but I stand by the one that I and several other industry professionals as well as tourists have used for several years now which you will find here.