A Place You Have To Try!

Backwoods

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a BBQ snob, I love Mark's place.  This is real BBQ.  I would go there even if it were in Texas.

I have taken a number of Thais there and brought the ribs to some Thai-dominated parties, and they were hits with them as well.

The MetroBurger is pretty good, but the BBQ pork sandwich is superior, in my opinion.  

Love the Tater Tots, too!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

How about free drinks or a discount for all us little TV members who take the trip out to your place =D

Place is already cheap!! I'll be back out there this week!!

And... why not taxi fares, as well !?!

ok, i'll tell ya what i'll do. i'll give anyone, who comes here for lunch after doing visa stuff (m-f), a free mini chicken quesadilla. it's one of our best sellers and half the size of our normal one. great appetizer. just tell my staff or me that you just came from the chaeng wattana visa center and it's on the grill and on your honor. done deal. - mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark:  Wish I had one of your BBQ sands right now, so good. I made some crock pot chili last night and woke up hungry. Still trying to make a decent one, and I think this one is closer. Will have some today then freeze the rest for later. Please move closer....please.

William and L

hello to all the thai visa forum folks.

i'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to bbq sandwich king: www.bbqsandwichking.co.th you'll be able to find out most things by simply visiting our web site. Yes, we are asponsor, so there's a banner add to click on as well, in case you missed it. rolleyes.gif

we are about a 100-baht taxi ride down from the new immigration center, which is on chaeng wattana road, so why don't you turn your visa stuff into a culinary joyride! licklips.gif

we've been open for about 2.5 years now, with basically nothing but excellent feedback on everything we offer. if you do an internet search for us, you'll find quite a few links to various web sites; farang- and thai-oriented.

anyhoo, the ultimate test is in the taste buds of our valued customers, and we hope that you'll come on in and treat yourself to a truly mouth-watering experience and be your own judge. cowboy.gif

there will eventually be a bbq sandwich king in central bangkok, but the political turmoil has delayed our entry there.

in the meantime, thank you very much for reading this and we look forward to serving you in the very near future.welcomeani.gif

best regards,

mark j grygiel

owner/operator

p.s. we are also, to the best of my knowledge, the only place in thailand where you can get an authentic, chicago-style, all-beef hotdog on a poppy seed bun. they're extremely unique and extremely delicious. I'm a hybrid american; my roots are in the north and the south!

Mark sent out this email update to friends of his restaurant earlier this week...

dear friends & valued customers,

the 2.5 year wait is over. due to consistent demand, you can now have our delicious food delivered to your home or office in central bangkok via http://www.chefsxp.com/ for lunch and dinner. this is slated to begin on thursday 29 june.just call chefsxp: 02.204.2001 it's a limited menu, which features our signature bbq pork and chicken sandwiches, carolina pork rib sandwich, pork spare ribs, chicken quesadillas, tater tots and cole slaw. i certainly do apologize if we run out of food, and there will always be more tomorrow!<br clear="all">

regards,

mark j grygiel

Thanks! But where is the place? I love to take my family once in one year and not every week. We have to watch our weight.

Mark just got a new location on Suk. Order at chefsXP.com and it will come to your door. I love their BBQ and it makes living here even better. Thanks Mark for listening to your customers.

Mark sent out this email update to friends of his restaurant earlier this week...

dear friends & valued customers,

the 2.5 year wait is over. due to consistent demand, you can now have our delicious food delivered to your home  or office in central bangkok via http://www.chefsxp.com/ for lunch and dinner.  this is slated to begin on thursday 29 june.just call chefsxp: 02.204.2001 it's a limited menu, which  features our signature bbq pork and chicken sandwiches, carolina pork  rib sandwich, pork spare ribs, chicken quesadillas, tater tots and cole  slaw.  i certainly do apologize if  we run out of food, and there will always be more tomorrow!<br clear="all">  

regards,

mark j grygiel

Nice job Mark already ordered and you must get the hotdogs too please. :jap:

Ok ordered it today through chefsxp who I must say had the order delivered warm in one hour even during todays storm :)

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

Good points, food quality was fine. Quantity ok.

Points to improve IMO...

A bit expensive.

Buns on our chicken and pull pork burger are the same u get at the supermarket and don't travel well (soggy from the hot meat)

Sauces while good are exactly the same for the burgers and ribs we ordered-would appreciate a lil variety or at least a spicy option for the ribs.

Anything else available besides frozen tator tots???

I appear to be missing an extra side of coleslaw in my order?

Couldn't check the bill as it was soaked from the rain.

Total price incl 60 baht delivery- 869.00

Conclusion: would likely wait to try it at the restaurant to avail larger menu (metro burger) and to avoid the loss of quality due to travelling across the city.

Is this the place way out in Nonthaburi?

i hate hearing about great places that are almost impossible to get to without a great deal of effort. :)

I can recommend a great little restaurant at Scott base in the Antarctic but its one hel-l of a trip.:D

Thats a kiwi restaurant, I prefer Rothera on Adelaide Island, great british grub and cosy decor!!!

We went there yesterday for a late lunch, superb ribs -hickory wood smoked-, quessiladas and an awesome -blue cheese- salad (nice dressing sauce)

Washed down by beers for me and delightful margarita for the missus.

Plus a take-away burger... and the ribs leftover for the dogs!

As well, a very nice warming welcome from Mark...

Thanks! But where is the place? I love to take my family once in one year and not every week. We have to watch our weight.

Mark just got a new location on Suk. Order at chefsXP.com and it will come to your door. I love their BBQ and it makes living here even better. Thanks Mark for listening to your customers.

Does anybody know where this new location on Sukhumvit is? Thanks.

Just a follow up on the pricing thing I mentioned earlier, found the confirmation of my order in my email...

ORDER

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Signature BBQ Chicken Breast Sandwich with Tater Tots (2201) = 180.83

1 x Carolina Pork Rib Sandwich with Tater Tots (2203) = 277.13

1 x Pork Spare Ribs: 6 bones, Tater Tots & Cole Slaw (2207) = 319.93

1 x Cole Slaw: Small (85 gr.) (2214) = 32.10

------------------------------------------------------

DELIVERY FEE: 60.00

TOTAL (incl.vat): 869.99

I was right when I mentioned missing one cole slaw. BTW, 277 baht for the pulled pork burger is really a bit much IMO. 

Does anybody know where this new location on Sukhumvit is? Thanks.

I don't think that's a retail location - only a kitchen for the purposes of providing delivery services.

Thanks. Will use ChefsXP - Nonthaburi is just way too far to go for a burger - no matter how good.

I was right when I mentioned missing one cole slaw. BTW, 277 baht for the pulled pork burger is really a bit much IMO. 

I've learned to check my order before paying now. Not that I don't trust ChefsXP - just that I think the restaurants sometimes don't pay attention. But I also think that the delivery boy should double check all orders before delivering them... in fact here's a good idea - if anything is missing or wrong, the delivery fee should be waived... c'mon K. Sorot, here's your chance :)

As for the rib burger - you ordered the ribs, make your own burger. Must admit I thought about the burger too but the ribs made more sense.

I've learned to check my order before paying now. Not that I don't trust ChefsXP - just that I think the restaurants sometimes don't pay attention. But I also think that the delivery boy should double check all orders before delivering them... in fact here's a good idea - if anything is missing or wrong, the delivery fee should be waived... c'mon K. Sorot, here's your chance :)

As for the rib burger - you ordered the ribs, make your own burger. Must admit I thought about the burger too but the ribs made more sense.

Well the coleslaw is only 35 baht, if I had to guess it is still in the bottom of the delivery bag (hot bag). The other coleslaw I did receive was in a separate small plastic container in it's own tiny plastic bag - hence my reply. Anyways I am not about to start tearing apart the bags of food / containers in my lobby to check that I got everything I ordered.

The ribs were fine and worth the money, the pulled (chopped?) pork burger, while tasty (the relish is nice) would not be enough to fill one average sized person. I wonder how many JFC can eat? :lol: Anyways at 9 USD, I won't order that again.

Edited by bkkjames

Well the coleslaw is only 35 baht, if I had to guess it is still in the bottom of the delivery bag (hot bag). The other coleslaw I did receive was in a separate small plastic container in it's own tiny plastic bag - hence my reply. Anyways I am not about to start tearing apart the bags of food / containers in my lobby to check that I got everything I ordered.

The ribs were fine and worth the money, the pulled (chopped?) pork burger, while tasty (the relish is nice) would not be enough to fill one average sized person. I wonder how many JFC can eat? :lol: Anyways at 9 USD, I won't order that again.

I also think the ribs are excellent. As i've said before, personally I'd like the BBQ sauce on the side, but each to their own biggrin.gif

I thought that the "Carolina Pork Rib Sandwich" was a little expensive too (compared to the signature pork and chicken sandwiches), but then realised that the meat is shaved off from their ribs, and i'm guessing that those are pretty expensive to source. Even here, I guess they are prime.

Does anyone know how they make these ribs (Thai Gerd!) because I'd like to try and make them myself?

• 2 weeks later...

dear tv forum folks,

due to strong, consistent demand, our popular metro burger (chicken version also), baby drumsticks and home-made chili are now on the chefsxp.com menu and available for delivery to your home and/or office anywhere in the bangkok area.

many say our metro burger is the best in bangkok, but i think you should be the judge.

enjoy.

thank you very much.

we certainly do appreciate your business.

kind regards,

mark

Just had a look on the Chefxp menu and have a question. Where's the beef?

dear tv forum folks,

due to strong, consistent demand, our popular metro burger (chicken version also), baby drumsticks and home-made chili are now on the chefsxp.com menu and available for delivery to your home and/or office anywhere in the bangkok area.

many say our metro burger is the best in bangkok, but i think you should be the judge.

enjoy.

thank you very much.

we certainly do appreciate your business.

kind regards,

mark

Just had a look on the Chefxp menu and have a question. Where's the beef?

thanks mark, will give em a try in the coming days mate!