Rain In Pattaya

alex100

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There still seems plenty to water the flowers and golf courses,I saw two different places in Pattaya a couple of days ago were they where watering the road side greenery.

That is true, but the golf courses all have their own wells/bores to draw their supplies from.

The water supply to our housing estate has been off for the past 5 days now and we're back to buying water again... :o

Wooohooo !

Another "rain" thread ! How long will this one last ?

Judging by the lack of rain in the Pattaya are, I'd say not long !  :o

It is important to people who are thinking of taking a trip or who have local interests in absentia - understand

Sheesh, lighten up.

I know it's important, especially if you are planning to travel to Pattaya DURING the rainy season (even if it's not actually raining yet).

I'm hoping for torrential downpours, to fill the resevoirs, so I don't have to have a water truck come to my building THREE times a day (not to mention using a bucket and a bowl to shower with) !

I get a great chuckle when Mother Nature shows us how to get really wet (unlike those little sprinklings you get during Songkran). Huge downpours for a few mintues, and an hour later you'd barely even know it had rained, other than the flooded sewers and roads !

Just curious. How's it going now? According to the CNN weather site, rain is forecast for the next 5 days. Is it beginning to help?

As to the water shortage situation, is this year's problem unusual, or an annual concern for you in the East Coast regions? What are the right questions to ask regarding water supply when we are house hunting?

As to the water shortage situation, is this year's problem unusual, or an annual concern for you in the East Coast regions?

It hasn't been a concern until this year.

As for the current situation... here's couple of photos I took yesterday at Lake Mabrachan. :D

As you will note... the water level is extremely low and the grass and jungle is moving back in... :o

Not to much problems last year, but this year is terrible.

Result of a combination of too little rain last year (the reservoirs didn't fill up completely) and of course the booming expansion of Pattaya.

I guess it's high time the government counts its Pattaya residents again!!!

Although they can't do much about the rain, at least they're trying to expand the capacity of lake Mabprachan. There's a load of trucks and backhoes digging out the lake and moving the earth to the sides. I've read somewhere they plan to expand by 1.5 million cubic meters...

Now if it wants to rain enough this year, I guess we're going to be OK for the next...

Nice rainstorm started 9am today

:o

Just curious. How's it going now? According to the CNN weather site, rain is forecast for the next 5 days. Is it beginning to help?

As to the water shortage situation, is this year's problem unusual, or an annual concern for you in the East Coast regions? What are the right questions to ask regarding water supply when we are house hunting?

at 10.30 stopped already.....at least its kinda cool today and fresh air....

Sooo, an hour and a half of rain, that should add what, 150 gallons to the resevoir ? :D

Hardly enough, but it will cause havoc with the machinery that is supposed to be there enlarging the resevoir ! :o

[Only 8 more posts to get to 2,000 eh ! Should get a free TV t-shirt for that at least !

Nope... keeping quiet on this one... seen what happens when people brag about how many posts they've clocked up (eg. Ravisher, Tornado...)

(6 to go now... :o )

Back on topic... it's now stopped raining in Pattaya... but it was good for a while.

:D

Edited by Jai Dee

Siam Country Club Road, near the reservoir

Had a slight trickle of mains water today until the mid afternoon, and then the water supply was cut of completely. Still no water at 2.45am.

Rained very hard this morning for a couple of hours and managed to get a natural shower, wipe the truck down, and to fill up a few large bins of rain water.

At least we can have a wash before going to bed, :o

Siam Country Club Road, near the reservoir

Had a slight trickle of mains water today until the mid afternoon, and then the water supply was cut of completely. Still no water at 2.45am.

Rained very hard this morning for a couple of hours and managed to get a natural shower, wipe the truck down, and to fill up a few large bins of rain water. 

At least we can have a wash before going to bed,  :o

KerryD you would do better trying to protect the choppers rather than flaming genuine concerns

KerryD you would do better trying to protect the choppers rather than flaming genuine concerns

Perhaps if you lightened up a bit, and realized that my original reply was meant to be a humorous jest, then you wouldn't be so quick (and petty) to accuse people of flaming your "genuine" concerns.

Oh yeah, a lot of good people lost their lives in that chopper crash. Have a little respect.

• 2 weeks later...

No water in some areas, too much in others

Heavy rains causing more flooding in Pattaya

Source: Pattaya Mail Vol. XIII No. 27 Friday July 8 - July 14, 2005

Pattaya’s mayor and city officials last week surveyed flooded villages after heavy rains left many houses inundated with water. The mayor, responding to calls for assistance, called in city workers to unblock drains, as much of the deluge also remained evident on the streets and sois throughout the city.

Pattayaflooding.jpg

Photo caption: Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn surveys flooded areas in Pacific Village, Central Pattaya, just one of the areas affected by the rain. Flooding has arisen from unfinished infrastructure improvements.

A 100-metre stretch along Thepprasit Road, Pattaya Third Road, and much of the city were flooded, with water levels reaching almost half a meter deep in some areas.

City officials brought in pumps to remove excess water in affected villages in Central Pattaya and Soi Buakow. During the survey, the mayor promised complete road re-surfacing and new drainage pipes, currently under construction, as quickly as possible to avoid problems in the future.

Despite the deluge, water trucks were still running at full capacity throughout the city, delivering water to residents who are still without. The rains slightly increased levels in the Mabprachan and Chak Nok reservoirs, enabling authorities to slightly increase water production for residents.