Rain In Pattaya

alex100

They have increased the price of water from 25 BHT to 45 BHT due to the water shortage I heard?? (Condos) Anyone else?

Condo management allways charge over the odds for utillities. If they are buying in water its no surprise that they are putting the rates up . The last time i bought in water for the house it was 150 baht for 1000 lit. which was more than the entire bill from the water co. for the previous month.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last time i bought in water for the house it was 150 baht for 1000 lit. which was more than the entire bill from the water co. for the previous month.

You're doing well... in our village it costs 200 THB/litre delivered. :o

I just paid my water bill today. Same. No rate increases. By the way all the homes on our soi now have water with plenty of presure.

We got a water bill last week, but we still aren't getting any water.

No water in some areas, too much in others

Heavy rains causing more flooding in Pattaya

Source: Pattaya Mail Vol. XIII No. 27 Friday July 8 - July 14, 2005

Pattaya’s mayor and city officials last week surveyed flooded villages after heavy rains left many houses inundated with water. The mayor, responding to calls for assistance, called in city workers to unblock drains, as much of the deluge also remained evident on the streets and sois throughout the city.

Ah, the rainy season caught them with their pants down again this year.If only they had a crystal ball, so they would have known that rain would arrive in July. Then they could have unblocked those drains in June..... :o

I just paid my water bill today. Same. No rate increases. By the way all the homes on our soi now have water with plenty of presure.

We got a water bill last week, but we still aren't getting any water.

Ours came yesterday too... 125 baht for the month.

Have you noticed that on the rare occasions that they do turn on the town water, all the air must first be pushed out of the distribution system... through your meter. :o

I heard it a couple of nights ago... the water supply to my tank was pissing and farting with all the air in the system, and the meter was spinning wildly.

We are paying for an intermittent air supply as well as the intermittent water... :D

You're doing well... in our village it costs 200 THB/litre delivered:o

200 THB a litre !?!?!?!

Bottled water is only 5 baht ! You could buy 40 bottles for 200 B (more actually, as you could get 1 baht per plastic bottle refund, which would buy 8 more bottles, which would generate 8 more baht, which would buy 1 more bottle).

So, for 200 baht, you could end up with 49 litres of water and have 4 baht change ! :D

Lot of work opening and emptying all those bottles into your water tank though !

I think my landlady said she pays about 350 B per day to have the tank in our building filled (2-3 times per day). Not sure how big the tank is, but there are 16 apartments and the laundry downstairs, so we use a fair bit each day.

Friends just got back from Samui yesterday. Were there for about 10 days, said it rained every day :D

Edited by Kerryd

You're doing well... in our village it costs 200 THB/litre delivered:D

200 THB a litre !?!?!?!

Bottled water is only 5 baht ! You could buy 40 bottles for 200 B (more actually, as you could get 1 baht per plastic bottle refund, which would buy 8 more bottles, which would generate 8 more baht, which would buy 1 more bottle).

So, for 200 baht, you could end up with 49 litres of water and have 4 baht change ! :D

Lot of work opening and emptying all those bottles into your water tank though !

I think my landlady said she pays about 350 B per day to have the tank in our building filled (2-3 times per day). Not sure how big the tank is, but there are 16 apartments and the laundry downstairs, so we use a fair bit each day.

Friends just got back from Samui yesterday. Were there for about 10 days, said it rained every day :D

Whoops... I meant 200 baht per 1000 litres.

:o

You're doing well... in our village it costs 200 THB/litre delivered:o

200 THB a litre !?!?!?!

Kerry, the best deal for drinking water is the 20 lit. container for 40 baht.

Edited by COBBER

:D

Grrrr :o

All that mathematical thinking I had to do, in this 50+ degree weather :D ( :D )

Any ways, that works out to 5 baht/litre, delivered, almost the same as that local brand of filtered water (I get them from the bar downstairs, 6 bottles for 20 baht).

Cobber: "Kerry, the best deal for drinking water is the 20 lit. container for 40 baht."

That is for those large, plastic containers, correct ? Are those "filtered" or "purified" ?

Speaking of which, I use the tap water (when there is any), for normal things like showering, brushing the tooth and washing the dish (only need one !). When I make coffee, ice cubes, juice, ect, I use bottled water.

Is the tap water here filtered or purified in any way (other than to keep snakes and crocs out) ?

While I'm sure some people are hoping it rains more, from the news I saw, there's a few people in Pattaya that aren't too happy right now !

:o

Speaking of which, I use the tap water (when there is any), for normal things like showering, brushing the tooth and washing the dish (only need one !). When I make coffee, ice cubes, juice, ect, I use bottled water.

Not a good idea to use the tap water for brushing teeth...you might get away with it a hundred times, but there are nasty bugs like typhoid that you can pick up from the tap water. :D

Grrrr :o

All that mathematical thinking I had to do, in this 50+ degree weather :D ( :D )

Any ways, that works out to 5 baht/litre, delivered, almost the same as that local brand of filtered water (I get them from the bar downstairs, 6 bottles for 20 baht).

Cobber: "Kerry, the best deal for drinking water is the 20 lit. container for 40 baht."

That is for those large, plastic containers, correct ? Are those "filtered" or "purified" ?

Is the tap water here filtered or purified in any way (other than to keep snakes and crocs out) ?

While I'm sure some people are hoping it rains more, from the news I saw, there's a few people in Pattaya that aren't too happy right now !

Kerry, There's 2 types . The one in the hard clear plastic containers with a propper seal for 40 baht uses the reverse osmosis method which is the same method as for the small bottles you get at 7 eleven etc.

The other type is in a hard white plastic container with a tape seal for 10 baht , usually sold at the Ma & Pa corner store type shops, which is supposedly just boiled up out the back of the shop. Both usually require a deposit of 200 baht on the bottle.

Fox.. You US? :o:D

Not a good idea to use the tap water for brushing teeth...you might get away with it a hundred times, but there are nasty bugs like typhoid that you can pick up from the tap water. :D

Actually, our landlord yesterday changed out our 1000L tank for a 2000L tank, at our request but at her cost... quite obliging actually... :D

Unfortunately the remaining water in the 1000L tank could not be preserved or transferred to the new tank, and we had to dump it on the garden (which needed a good soak anyway).

The new tank was installed, and we called for a truck to fill it... the usual vendor because we know he gets his water from a clean supplier, and not out of a pond or nearby swamp... :o

The cost? 200 baht for 2000 litres... same same as 1000 litres. :D

The city supplied tap water in Pattaya is suposed to be up to international standards regarding specifications for drinking water and should be perfectly ok to drink from the tap.

Having said that, much can happen before the water reach your tap.

Stop short of drinking it,but clean my teeth,and cook with tap water in Pattaya, with no problems.

I remember a few years ago they tested the water in Bangkok,and it was cleaner than most bottled water.

Although the tap water goes through a treatment plant in Pattaya there are hazards from treatment plant to reaching the tap including poorly repaired and broken pipes allowing infection of the water.

The water being deliverd by tankers which ultimately comes out of your tap may come from sources which are also contaminated.

So yer pays yer money and yer takes yer chance.......I`d rather pay for a bottle of water and not take an unnecessary chance. :o

Stop short of drinking it,but clean my teeth,and cook with tap water in Pattaya, with no problems.

I remember a few years ago they tested the water in Bangkok,and it was cleaner than most bottled water.

Although the tap water goes through a treatment plant in Pattaya there are hazards from treatment plant to reaching the tap including poorly repaired and broken pipes allowing infection of the water.

The water being deliverd by tankers which ultimately comes out of your tap may come from sources which are also contaminated.

So yer pays yer money and yer takes yer chance.......I`d rather pay for a bottle of water and not take an unnecessary chance. :o

As all the tap water is treated and have been tested to be cleaner than most bottled water it sounds like you are taking an unnecessary chance using bottled water, as well as wasting money. :D

Never drink the water if supplied by tanker as this water usually contains all sorts of wierd and wonderful creatures.

The safest is probably the brand name water (Minere, Singha, Nestle). All the cheap stuff is made by various more or less serious operators and the quality of this water could vary dramatically with the service cycle of their equipment, if they even do service it.

The city supplied tap water in Pattaya is suposed to be up to international standards regarding specifications for drinking water and should be perfectly ok to drink from the tap.

###### who drinks water from a tap in a tropical county anyway? I got your irony...

I still find some Baht in my pocket to pay me a Singha Water, Singha Beer, Chang Beer or whatever :o

I did drink the Singapore tap water for 15 years, no choise as the only bottled water available was imported Evian and that was more expensive than beer.

It's only the last 10-15 years people have started drinking bottled water in Singapore, the tapwater is still perfectly good to drink.

Still, Pattaya is not Singapore so I agree and stick to the bottled stuff there.

A year or two ago there was a big hype of how "clean" Patty drinking water was.. I have not located it myself, but there is supposed to be an public fountain which is perfectly safe to drink from... Even farangs :o

###### who drinks water from a tap in a tropical county anyway? I got your irony...

I still find some Baht in my pocket to pay me a Singha Water, Singha Beer, Chang Beer or whatever :D