Rain In Pattaya

alex100

Down in Bang Saray, just 10 minutes drive from South Pattaya, we have no problems with water from the City supply. Of course, it goes off for repairs once in a while, but that is all. Pattaya has had problems for years and, particularly bearing in mind the number of new developments currently being built, will have for many more to come, irrespective of what measures are currently being implemented by the government. Unless a village or condo block guarrantees water supply and at a sensible price, you would have to think very hard about buying in Pattaya itself right now, especially when these problems don't exist just as soon as you travel a few kilometres out of town.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very true. If the city can't gaurantee a constant water supply, and your developement doesn't have it's own well, you could be hurting.

Where I'm at (in South Pattaya), my landlady started having to buy water last December ! NINE months ago now !

I see lots of new buildings going up all over Pattaya. Condos, villas, shop-house/apartment buildings.

If they can't supply a decent water supply now, what's going to happen when all those new buildings are occupied ?

Obviously we can't rely on mother nature to provide enough (not this year at least).

Then again, who knows ? Maybe it will pour down rain from now until late December, and we'll have lot's of water (until May or June) !

• 2 weeks later...

Well, nice to see it's been raining like h*ll since I've arrived !

Much nicer than that relentless hot, sunny weather that is the norm every other time I get home.

Still, I'm wondering if they are still pumping recycled sewage water into the city's system ? Every time I turn on the tap now, I expect to see raw sewage coming out.

Quite a few factories in the Laem Chabang Industrial Estate have been flooded... massive queues of cars and motorcycs banked up because they cannot get to work.

The big drainage ditches at the sides of the Estate's roads are overflowing and roads are blocked everywhere.

And this is just the start... :o

Left my flip-flops outside. Has anyone seen  'em down in Si Racha/Pattaya?

Saw a pair here floating down Sukhumwit... then they took a left and looked they were going off to Rayong... might check around there... :o

It's all my fault. Just bought a new motorcycle and wanted to put some miles on it before I go back to the 'stan. So of course, it's going to pour rain until the day I leave ! Not really keen on breaking in the bike in the middle of a monsoon (driving around here is bad enough on good days !)

Oh yeah, saw a pair of flip-flops floating down the soi this morning during the downpour. Were yours black with Mickie & Minnie Mouse faces on them ? :D

Left my flip-flops outside. Has anyone seen  'em down in Si Racha/Pattaya?

Saw a pair here floating down Sukhumwit... then they took a left and looked they were going off to Rayong... might check around there... :o

Oh yeah, saw a pair of flip-flops floating down the soi this morning during the downpour. Were yours black with Mickie & Minnie Mouse faces on them ? :D

Oh, I suppose I should have verified their description first.

The ones I saw were pink with "Hello Kitty" all over them... and I just naturally figured they were yours, Penz... :D

• 1 month later...

Mrs BoJangles is with me in the UK now. We've had quite a bit of rain lately and she say's "why does it rain so much, here". I showed her the piccies of Pattaya and said "darling but we have so much of it, we let it go away, down the drain. Why does Thailand try and keep hold of it for so long" :o:D

How could this topic be allowed to slip down to page 2 !!!!

BritMaverics fault no doubt !! :o

Soooo, is it still raining in Pattaya ? How is the resevoir situation ? The water stunk when I was there in September (all that recycled sewage water they were putting through the system).

It would never occur to the powers-that-be that they may want to disinfect the city's water lines after pumping recycled sewage through them.

Nice pics of the flooding johng !

When I get back in a couple of weeks and notice my motorbike missing, my landlady will probably tell me it floated away and was last seen going down a sewage drain ! :D

• 2 weeks later...