Bus Times Bkk - Sukhothai

dantilley

Does anyone have an up to date timetable for buses going from Bangkok up to Sukhothai? And, also, do the minivans that operate from Victory Monument have a service up to Sukhothai? And how long (approx) is the journey using either buses or minivans? Thanks! :)

There is no such thing as a corrects to sukhothai leave every 1/2 hour ,there are 2,...very good servise...takes about 5 hours .....you can get timetables on the web ...from morchit bus station ,,,,,,hope this helps

There is no such thing as a correct bus time table on the Internet.There are 3 classes of buses. 1, V.I.P.On many routes, but not all. 2. 1st class,on all routes. 3. 2nd class on all routes. All are air-con, but only V.I.P.and 1st class are toilet equipped. All stop , at some point for a meal break.or 2 dependant on the distance travelled.Usually for 20 minutes. If the bus company is owned by Muslims, beer will not always be sold at these meal stops. There are 2 kinds of operators, The Transport Company, owned by the Govt., and Private operators.1st class buses are Blue and White, 2nd class have a red stripe. V.I.P.buses do not stop at every bus station on their routes, so are not only more comfortable, much better quality seats, but are quicker .For accurate time table information, you really need to go to Mochit. Northern bus tickets are sold on the Ground Floor, North Eastern or Isarn are sold on the 3rd Floor.

buses to sukhothai leave every 1/2 hour ,there are 2,...very good servise...takes about 5 hours .....you can get timetables on the web ...from morchit bus station ,,,,,,hope this helps

Thanks - any idea what time the first bus leaves Mo Chit?

Although, I think as afarang says, maybe the best idea will be to go up to Mo Chit to get a definitive answer...

Hello Dantilley,

I usually leave at 8 from Mo Chit and am at about 1300 in Sukhothai

I always travel with Win Tours aircon 1, it costs about 350 baht to Sukhothai

I've tried several bus companies but Win Tours is the best of the worst.

By taxi cost around 3000 baht.(Last year i paid 2500)

Yes I'm alive Kel and watching the word cup at the moment. (I don't want to talk about Liverpool)

I'm going to watch Liverpool in august in Germany against Borussia Monchengladbach, if liverpool still exists:angry:

August 2011 we are back in Khirimat :D You better be there........................(please)

September you are back in Khimat I think??

You have already bought another bike.

Is everything good with the family

Watch going on with the viking, still missing in action

You're still welcome in the Netherlands before returning to Thailand:welcomeani::):D

• 6 months later...

Does it really take 5 hours? Lonely Planet says 6-7 hours.

Dutchscouser and LP's estimate is pretty close. Depending on the bus and how many stops it makes along the way, I seem to recall the trip takes around 7 hours or so. When we've traveled by bus, Suk to BKK, it seems like departure from downtown Sukhothsi was around 8:00 AM and pulls into BKK around 4:00 PM. I can't remember how long it takes to get to Sukhothai from BKK, but as I recall, going from Sukhothai to BKK, includes a brief stop at Phitsanolouk and another for lunch. We've also asked to be dropped off at the taxi stand along the highway by Ayutthaya, then take a tuk-tuk into town (Ayutthaya).

• 5 months later...

hiiii

just a quick question

at what time do buses start and finish from suthokhai to phitsanulok

we want to take the train from phitsanulok to chiangmai at 11 at night

and how long does the ride take then

cannot seem to find a lot of reliable website so far

thx

For 99.9% of buses/coaches, there is NO website. The only good operator to run a fairly useful website is Nakornchai Air, But they only service 3 major country terminals.The only way to get information is to go to the bus station or terminal and enquire. Services most probably terminate at about 300 places. Most operators only service one town.Or place. Most times , if a destination offers VIP, 1st class, 2nd class and 3rd class services, there will be 4 Different bus companies.Sadly, in Thailand , it is really ,really difficult to get accurate information. As I said ,the best way is a visit to your local bus station or terminal.

hiiii

just a quick question

at what time do buses start and finish from suthokhai to phitsanulok

we want to take the train from phitsanulok to chiangmai at 11 at night

and how long does the ride take then

cannot seem to find a lot of reliable website so far

thx

As already said you'll get nothing reliable looking on internet.

Go to Sukhothai bus station there are 4 different bus companies going through it, and ask, Win Tours are popular.

Phitsanulok is about 1 hr 15mins away by car say a couple of hours by bus.

Get a taxis to the Train station and ask again there, all I know is I rather go by bus than train to Chiangmay. Goodluck anyway.

Kelboy ,if all you can do is give people good info ,then please make sure your spelling and grammar is correct. It is also, considered a nice thing to spell peoples name correctly. After that, how far is it from S.T. to P.S..?Also, What class buses?

Kelboy ,if all you can do is give people good info ,then please make sure your spelling and grammar is correct. It is also, considered a nice thing to spell peoples name correctly. After that, how far is it from S.T. to P.S..?Also, What class buses?

Recently from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok bus station by Win Tour, not a bad bus company, I'd say one below VIP class, my daughter took 1 & half hour.

If you get the cheap buses lets call them third class old bangers, they take up to 2 hours because they pick up people and drop them off on the way.

If you drive at a moderate speed by car it can take you over an hour.

Edited by Kwasaki

Recently from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok bus station by Win Tour, not a bad bus company, I'd say one below VIP class, my daughter took 1 & half hour.

If you get the cheap buses lets call them third class old bangers, they take up to 2 hours because they pick up people and drop them off on the way.

If you drive at a moderate speed by car it can take you over an hour.

Re bus time's some time ago I had to go from K P Phet to Phitsanulok. How long will it take I ask the driver. Oh about 1 hour 45 min came the reply, three hour's later I arrived. I ask why it had taken over double the time he said. Well we had to sutop and we dont include that bit. So now you know if they tell a time double it. Edited by fredob43

Re bus time's some time ago I had to go from K P Phet to Phitsanulok. How long will it take I ask the driver. Oh about 1 hour 45 min came the reply, three hour's later I arrived. I ask why it had taken over double the time he said. Well we had to sutop and we dont include that bit. So now you know if they tell a time double it.

+ 1 , exactly someone who knows more about Thailand than someone here who doesn't or maybe think he does. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 10 months later...

Arrived in sukhothai a couple of days ago by bus. Approx journey time was 7 hours, and this was on the Wintour bus out of Morchit. Stopped for a quick 20 min food stop, and a couple of by short stops to drop people off at Nakon Sawan and Phitsanlouk(sp?).

Cam on what I think was a 1st class bus, and price was 326baht.

Bus times out of Morchit are.........

7,8,9,10,10.30,11,12.30,13.30,14,15.30,16.30,19,20,20.30,21.30,22 and 23.(times all in 24clock).

I would post the photo of the card with all the arrival and departure times on, but seems the software here won't upload from an iPad.

Anyone need anymore info, please just ask.