Egyptian Embassy

Spaniel

Does anyone have the address/phone number for the Egyptian embassy? I was given a address on Sukhumvit soi 21 but when I called, the number has been disconnected, so assume they moved. We're thinking of a couple week trip to Egypt in July so if anyone has been there recently and can provide any travel tips would appreciate it. Thanks.

I just found this on Google but I have no idea if it is the number you called.

NEW NUMBER AND ADDRESS FOR THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY Comment this post

The Egyptian embassy has been relocated to Ekamai I only have the Phone number right now Tel: 027269831, 027269832, 027269833 Fax 027269834

I hope that this is of some help.

Edited by billd766

The Egyptian embassy has been relocated to Ekamai I only have the Phone number right now Tel: 027269831, 027269832, 027269833 Fax 027269834

Thanks for the info and taking the time to "google" it. I guess I could have done that myself but didn't think of it. Their old address was on Soi 21.

Not sure why you want to go to the embassy, but if it is to get a visa, forget about it. they will be charging you an arm and leg as compare to when you arrive in Egypt.

I am from Canada, so i could get a visa on arrival. Before immigration, there is small bank kiosk, they all sale Visa and they are legit and half the price the embassy was asking for.

One advice about Egypt: Every single person will ask you for tips, it's ok not to give some when you feel you should not. Here is what happen to us. We only had one bank card and it was not accepted in ATM there. we did over 10 different ATM from different bank. We were going insane as we would not have any money for our two weeks trip. We arrive at yet another ATM with absolutely no hope of getting money, but we were surprise when it came out, so we both let out a big "YES!!!!"

Right behind us, there was a Military man with a gun in his hand smiling at us. He said, "It work? Give me tip!!" We quickly walk away smiling and he never did anything, he was just trying. The will ask for tip for just about everything, so get ready for that.

We loved our trip, and i am sure you will

Enjoy

Not sure why you want to go to the embassy, but if it is to get a visa, forget about it. they will be charging you an arm and leg as compare to when you arrive in Egypt.

Excellent advice - unless of course you are Thai national as you cannot get a visa on arrival, you must apply for a visa in Bangkok.

Thanks for the info and taking the time to "google" it. I guess I could have done that myself but didn't think of it. Their old address was on Soi 21.

My pleasure.

I was curious as well.

I worked in Egypt years ago for about a month and it was a fairly nice place then, first Cairo then Alexandria.

Excellent advice - unless of course you are Thai national as you cannot get a visa on arrival, you must apply for a visa in Bangkok.

Yes, the visa would be for my Thai wife, who has a Thai passport. My son and I have US passports so the visa on arrival would be the way to go for us. I was in Egypt about 25 years ago on holiday for a week and I dont remember being constantly hassled for tips. Guess times have changed. Thanks for the replies.