Hotel / Guesthouse / Apartments ?

Vegemite

Hi there,

we are visiting Rayong during October this year.

My wife is Thai and she has family there.

We are wellcome to stay with the sister and family but I like my own space.

So I am looking for somewhere to stay for a week or so in Rayong.

I look for a balcony and the usual farang comforts but dont need waiting on or any service.

We have stayed at PMY resort and I loved it there but it was a little expensive and it is quite far from everything.

I am just looking for a reasonably comfortable place that I can maybe walk to get a coffee and some farang food while the wife does what she has to do with the sister. A place to have a beer wouldnt be a bad thing either.

Does anyone know of such a place?

Any sugestions will be welcomed and thanks in advance.

President Hotel about 600 baht, comfortable, off Sukhumvit, a few hundred metres from Star plaza, market, farang bar and serves a good breakfast.

Also Lanna Hotel (new) in the 'old' road, maybe more expensive but close to lots of clubs and bars.

Hi I'm Mark (aussie) why not come stay in our guesthouse in Ban Phe 17kms east of rayong, opposite koh samet island. Bedrock Guesthouse. U can see our banner ad on the travel forum. click on it and view our website. We have a thai kitchen and western grill in the bar for burgers steaks etc etc. If you interested let me know. we can gi ve you ocean view room ground floor with private small courtyard. room rate 850 baht per nite free wifi available

well let me know

cheers mark

Based on your requests, I would suggest Kameo House. It is the newest hotel in Rayong on Sukhmvit. It has a great rooftop pool.

5 minute walk to.....

Sabai Sabai-Good German restaurant

Maiganam1-Good Thai restaurant with English menu and sports on tv

• 4 weeks later...

Hat Mae Rumpung Beach - between Rayong and Ban Phe (jumping off point for Koh Samet)

I have stayed at the Condotel - now called Rayong Beach Hotel which has both beach and mountain facing rooms plus swimming pool. www.rayongbeachhotel.com

There are many beach seafood restaurants plus a few western ones. Depending on your preference for night life, you may find it quiet. But there are a few Western reastaurants within walking distance.