Living A Dream Or Just Living In One

Trying to find out what are the next projects for everyone's future dreams. This is not like "Down on the Farm" as that is dreams accomplished and moving on.

I guess everyone would like to find Jandtaa back on the Forum. Choke Dee to you wherever you are.

I'm looking to start to raise and use worms and crickets for organic fish and frog and duck food.

At the family home build an area for the worms, crickets, compost, tomatoes and other rain delicate plants and an outside kitchen and bar-b-que that is under permanent cover made with steel supports and clear fiberglass roofing. Above the roof in one section (for below shading also) will be the solar water heater. (come on Soidog the time has come for you too, year round tomatoes!! you are the inspiration for this one) approximately 15x10 meters and 4 high.

Build a solar hot water heater with a steel box and a single roll of 3/4" HDPE black plastic water pipe with two male 1" ends heat welded on inside of the box and covered in a sheet of glass. Eventually a storage tank will be added.

Water system on the farm with a 4" mainline bisecting the 14 rai. A large approx 40 horse pump for irrigation and flood control for the farm's pond and Klong.

Get the waterways infested with fish, frogs and ducks.

off season corn, pumpkins and beans in the rice fields.

These are for the coming year

FEF,

Man you are amazing.

I have a solar furnace hooked up for hot water to the bathroom. If I'd known it was going to be so efficient I wouldn't have bothered with the demand HW unit which is now almost permanently off. It consists of a 1" PVC feed pipe on an external wall pointing due west.

Isaanaussie

FEF,

Man you are amazing.

I have a solar furnace hooked up for hot water to the bathroom. If I'd known it was going to be so efficient I wouldn't have bothered with the demand HW unit which is now almost permanently off. It consists of a 1" PVC feed pipe on an external wall pointing due west.

Isaanaussie

How many feet of pvc do you have exposed to the sun. I really don't think there is enough uses for the amount of hot water my simple and small system will create, especially if I put a 50 gallon collection tank that can be operated daily with manual valves.

FEF,

Man you are amazing.

Isaanaussie

How many feet of pvc do you have exposed to the sun. I really don't think there is enough uses for the amount of hot water my simple and small system will create, especially if I put a 50 gallon collection tank that can be operated daily with manual valves.

About 10-12 metres

Mr. Ford, I actually do grow habanero peppers & tomatoes year around because I like to eat them year around. The stuff from the market does not do it for me.

I was in India & Nepal a couple of month ago, picked up some interesting seeds including real spinach that actually grew in the hot Buriram weather !

We will see how the Nepalese & Indian tomatoes do on the taste scale, Plants are now about a foot or so tall.

As for future projects, not much room for expansion. I am looking to build a new "wood burning" pizza oven. I have some interesting blueprints but I can never find the time to do it. ( wife bakes bread and makes a real mean thin crust pizza )

In addition to the gardening you guys know about we are actually real farmers growing mostly cassava and rice on about 160 rai.

I have a small mango farm ( 300 trees ) which I tend myself. I do all the pruning and spraying, pick & sell in the season.

Other than that, we grow a little avocado, grapes, dragon fruit, dates, sweet star fruit,

oranges, lemons, limes and yes figs.

Recently I picked up a couple of seedless tangerines trees like the ones on sale around the Chinese New Year.

All this and much more keeps me busy, weeks just fly by and that is how I like it.

Best regards.

The topic is a philosophical one that intrigues me. The meaning of life may well be the number 42, but I'm way past that hence personally irrelevant. What are we doing here and what are we attempting to prove? So lets leave our Thai and probably better halves to one side for a moment.

If I go back in time, back to when I was just another comfortable member of "my" society. No cultural differences for me, just for all the immigrants in Australia, learn English you freeloaders. I attended a lecture from an American guy in maybe 85.This guy said there are only two ways people are motivated. Fear of Failure or Thrill of Success.

So what is each of us trying to change, ourselves so we can enjoy our dreams, or Thailand so we can realise our dreams? Maybe some of us just enjoy dreaming.

This ultimately makes my brain hurt and I hopeful can revert to FEF to lead us to the path of enlightenment.

A tired and emotional

Isaanaussie

• Like 1

If I go back in time, back to when I was just another comfortable member of "my" society. No cultural differences for me, just for all the immigrants in Australia, learn English you freeloaders. I attended a lecture from an American guy in maybe 85.This guy said there are only two ways people are motivated. Fear of Failure or Thrill of Success.

In stock market terms : Greed and Fear

For people looking for a deeper meaning in life and living near PakChong, you can always visit Ajahn Jayasaro. I have a CD of his lectures, I have always a much peaceful mind after listening it. It doesn't harm to try.

The topic is a philosophical one that intrigues me. The meaning of life may well be the number 42, but I'm way past that hence personally irrelevant. What are we doing here and what are we attempting to prove? So lets leave our Thai and probably better halves to one side for a moment.

So what is each of us trying to change, ourselves so we can enjoy our dreams, or Thailand so we can realise our dreams? Maybe some of us just enjoy dreaming.

This ultimately makes my brain hurt and I hopeful can revert to FEF to lead us to the path of enlightenment.

A tired and emotional

Isaanaussie

I believe that what motivates me is "learning and understanding" so in the context of the two reasons above that would probably fit into "Thrill of success" . Learning and improving oneself, I believe is a key element of Bhuddism, so maybe that is what I like about Thailand. The fact that out in the countryside I am not "regulated by government rules" ,such as over here, and that allows me to do things to enhance my understanding. Not only practical and physical aspects of our everyday life but also how people interact in a society that is not the same as what I am used to so that frees me from learned and ingrained biases.

One of the main things I learned when I returned to school and University as an "old" man was that what I intuitively thought was not always correct and at times I needed to let the numbers and physics do the talking. This then leads to having the practical understanding to be able to apply the theoretical solutions

One of the most interesting things I was involved with was working on measuring the energy contained in an explosion using variations of material within the explosive. This was done by measuring the bubble energy created when the bomb was detonated underwater. So some people might describe what we were doing as "blowing bubbles" absolutely great fun. Over many years I used explosives as an underground miner but then to be able to learn the theory behind explosives was fantastic.

If I am able to live in Thailand for the rest of my life without having to work for someone else then to me it means that I will be free to explore what interests me not my boss. That to me is "living the dream".

A tired and emotional

Isaanaussie

I believe that what motivates me is "learning and understanding" so in the context of the two reasons above that would probably fit into "Thrill of success" . Learning and improving oneself, I believe is a key element of Bhuddism, so maybe that is what I like about Thailand. The fact that out in the countryside I am not "regulated by government rules" ,such as over here, and that allows me to do things to enhance my understanding. Not only practical and physical aspects of our everyday life but also how people interact in a society that is not the same as what I am used to so that frees me from learned and ingrained biases.

One of the main things I learned when I returned to school and University as an "old" man was that what I intuitively thought was not always correct and at times I needed to let the numbers and physics do the talking. This then leads to having the practical understanding to be able to apply the theoretical solutions

One of the most interesting things I was involved with was working on measuring the energy contained in an explosion using variations of material within the explosive. This was done by measuring the bubble energy created when the bomb was detonated underwater. So some people might describe what we were doing as "blowing bubbles" absolutely great fun. Over many years I used explosives as an underground miner but then to be able to learn the theory behind explosives was fantastic.

If I am able to live in Thailand for the rest of my life without having to work for someone else then to me it means that I will be free to explore what interests me not my boss. That to me is "living the dream".

Wow and Yeehaa "One of the main things I learned when I returned to school and University as an "old" man was that what I intuitively thought was not always correct and at times I needed to let the numbers and physics do the talking. This then leads to having the practical understanding to be able to apply the theoretical solutions" You got to love it. Right on and left off. too too good never go back never go back

A tired and emotional

Isaanaussie

Let it flow good man. tired and emotional is the opposite of dead and lazy. I know what you like. The wind has picked up at Pebble Beach down the coast and the bad boys are trying to put the US Open jug on their mantle. Hit em low and watch them go. never fear unless your loathsome on the way to Vegas. Plenty of thrills will create a few spills never go back never go back Forever Forward Fords never go back

Mr. Ford, I actually do grow habanero peppers & tomatoes year around because I like to eat them year around. The stuff from the market does not do it for me.

I was in India & Nepal a couple of month ago, picked up some interesting seeds including real spinach that actually grew in the hot Buriram weather !

We will see how the Nepalese & Indian tomatoes do on the taste scale, Plants are now about a foot or so tall.

As for future projects, not much room for expansion. I am looking to build a new "wood burning" pizza oven. I have some interesting blueprints but I can never find the time to do it. ( wife bakes bread and makes a real mean thin crust pizza )

In addition to the gardening you guys know about we are actually real farmers growing mostly cassava and rice on about 160 rai.

I have a small mango farm ( 300 trees ) which I tend myself. I do all the pruning and spraying, pick & sell in the season.

Other than that, we grow a little avocado, grapes, dragon fruit, dates, sweet star fruit,

oranges, lemons, limes and yes figs.

Recently I picked up a couple of seedless tangerines trees like the ones on sale around the Chinese New Year.

All this and much more keeps me busy, weeks just fly by and that is how I like it.

Best regards.

right on dogger guy it sounds like you have created a bit of paradise with the variety of goodies you have growing. I've also got some of those tangerines (oops I don't think they are seedless) to plant this year, I think they should be called "thirties" because that is about how many fruity and I eat daily when in season. I'll get you some of the Pasilla Chile seeds when I get back in Sept and would love to see your place. Choke Dee

right on dogger guy it sounds like you have created a bit of paradise with the variety of goodies you have growing. I've also got some of those tangerines (oops I don't think they are seedless) to plant this year, I think they should be called "thirties" because that is about how many fruity and I eat daily when in season. I'll get you some of the Pasilla Chile seeds when I get back in Sept and would love to see your place. Choke Dee

See you than!

The stuff I mentioned, are the mature things already fruiting.

You should see the babies!

Best

It appears to me that posters on this topic aren't armchair philosophers at all. They smile because they are free, doing stuff because its fun, not because it comes with the job. Living the dream, freedom. deep breath.

IA

If I tried, I could not have put it better myself !

Thank you .

It appears to me that posters on this topic aren't armchair philosophers at all. They smile because they are free, doing stuff because its fun, not because it comes with the job. Living the dream, freedom. deep breath.

IA

If I tried, I could not have put it better myself !

Thank you .

Soi dog,

You have no need to thank me, Maybe I said it first, but you have implied he same feelings in many posts. It's called passion, belief in what you are trying to do.

Mate, you have no need to stand in any queue to do with me. You are real people and welcome as fast as your hat hits the floor.

Isaanaussie