Where Do You Live?

villagefarang

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiang Chai (road 1326), 29 km to highway 1/1233 Wiang Chai Intersection.

I seem to remember stopping my motorcycle on that road one day to say hello to a nice guy building a roadside shop there. I keep meaning to stop by but I always seem to be in a hurry when I pass through there, which is often. Just yesterday I think I saw him out front with another farang friend and the missus I presume. Perhaps you know this individual. :)

I seem to remember stopping my motorcycle on that road one day to say hello to a nice guy building a roadside shop there. I keep

meaning to stop by but I always seem to be in a hurry when I pass through there, which is often. Just yesterday I think I saw him out front

with another farang friend and the missus I presume. Perhaps you know this individual. :)

Hi VF ! I've recognized you in a couple of times afterwards when you've passed "my place" . I heard that you were visited yesterday,

but unfortunately we were in Mae Sai, I had my 90-days reporting and my wife had her shopping day :hit-the-fan::lol:.

This farang friend was one swedish friend who's visiting here in the village (his wifes home village).

We live across the street from Wat Prang Tri Kaew in the village of Tri Keaw, tambon Wiang Nuea,

amphoe Wiang Chai....about 15 km east of Chiang Rai

I took the river road home yesterday, after a ride with a friend on the Ninjas. Made a little detour through your way, and it looks like your place is getting very near completion. You certainly won't miss out on village celebrations, being located, right there by the temple. :)

We live across the street from Wat Prang Tri Kaew in the village of Tri Keaw, tambon Wiang Nuea,

Hey Donger, didn't we just meet for the first time, the last time I was back from working overseas? I live about 100 meters down Soi 8 from Wat Prang Ti Kaew's backyard.:jap:

I took the river road home yesterday, after a ride with a friend on the Ninjas. Made a little detour through your way, and it looks like your place is getting very near completion. You certainly won't miss out on village celebrations, being located, right there by the temple. :)

Hey VF, sorry about the delay in submitting on the poll. I plucked 20km as a rough guess. Donger may be a bit more accurate. Mind you I have lived in Wiang Nuea for a fair while and always looked at at about 15-20 minute drive at village driving pace . :D

Edited by Garry

On a larger scale I've just discovered a ThaiVisa members map.

Click on "Forums" on the toolbar.. ^^^^^^^

And it's on the drop down menu.

I have placed a link on the ThaiVisa Members Map. It is not exactly where I live but pretty close. Just a village or so away. There are several villages with the same name as ours, so I just couldn't seem to get the marker in the right spot. The best I could do was a near miss. Not much participation on this map so far. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

So far dindong, biff, and VF are the only ones I have seen on the Forum Map of members. Of course biff is on some faraway Island and not in the Rai per se. Why not add a few more map markers for Chiang Rai. This is not Sven's Map but the TV Forum Members Map, found under the Forums tab in the toolbar.

• 1 month later...

So far dindong, biff, and VF are the only ones I have seen on the Forum Map of members. Of course biff is on some faraway Island and not in the Rai per se. Why not add a few more map markers for Chiang Rai. This is not Sven's Map but the TV Forum Members Map, found under the Forums tab in the toolbar.

I see Garry put his marker on the map. Anyone else have the courage to contribute? :)

I see Garry put his marker on the map. Anyone else have the courage to contribute? :)

Is there a way to get the maps to be in non thai alphabet, Roman?

Is there a way to get the maps to be in non Thai alphabet, Roman?

Tried to put myself on map just for fun. Unless I am doing something wrong, the map places me on the LABEL for Chiang Rai province or the city? Not sure which. It is in the hinterland's no where near where I live.

Also the street map bears hardly any resemblance to actual street map. Map is also in Thai.:( Tried putting in my address and it places me about 20 km SE of CR

Edited by scorpio1945

Cannot figure out how this has anything to do with courage.

Cajole, tease, provoke, challenge. If at first you don't succeed, try something different. Maybe it is just too difficult or the map doesn't work all that well. Whatever, I thought I would give it a try. Also thought it would be interesting to see how spread out we are on the map. If it doesn't workout it is no big deal. ;)

Cajole, tease, provoke, challenge. If at first you don't succeed, try something different. Maybe it is just too difficult or the map doesn't work all that well. Whatever, I thought I would give it a try. Also thought it would be interesting to see how spread out we are on the map. If it doesn't workout it is no big deal. ;)

I have talked to others who said the same as Scorpio. Put themselves on, repeatedly, but it shows them elsewhere. They gave up.

My UK address worked fine, zoomed in on the map and it's pretty much spot on, tried the Thai address, ended up in a distant part of China :)

I can find my house in Sob Kham, almost see it in fact, just can't click anything (that I can see) to update that location as my address. Hey Ho!

Edited by bifftastic

Hi, I took the poll and selected "further out" because we live in Canada 11 months of the year, whoever we have a house in Namlad, so we're only 5 km away from City Centre. Coming back to CR at the end of Feb 2011, can't wait. Happy Thanksgiving (Canada)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...