BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
villagefarang

Where Do You Live?

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I live close to Mae Chan, on the way to Mae Salong. 30 minutes to Chiang Rai, with a truck . smile.gif

The cool season is very nice; until the burning starts.

Surely some of you haven't voted yet. Step to the plate boys and girls. No excuses. ;)

Although I've been lurking in the background on ThaiVisa for a while now, I thought I'd pop my posting 'cherry' with an easy reply here...

I'm about 90kms south of Chiang Rai in Phayao - that qualifies me as 'Further Out'.

Although I've been lurking in the background on ThaiVisa for a while now, I thought I'd pop my posting 'cherry' with an easy reply here...

I'm about 90kms south of Chiang Rai in Phayao - that qualifies me as 'Further Out'.

Hopefully this won't be the last we hear from you. Technically it looks like you are a little closer to us than Chiang Mai, so welcome to the Rai. Thanks for voting, too. :)

Hopefully this won't be the last we hear from you. Technically it looks like you are a little closer to us than Chiang Mai, so welcome to the Rai. Thanks for voting, too. :)

VF, CR-Forum is covering the biggest part of Thailand of all Forums in TV.

"Chiang Rai Forum

The very northern part of Thailand, Chiang Rai and surrounding areas.

Pratumthani, Autthaya and other provinces in Central Thailand "

:D:):D

VF, CR-Forum is covering the biggest part of Thailand of all Forums in TV.

"Chiang Rai Forum

The very northern part of Thailand, Chiang Rai and surrounding areas.

Pratumthani, Autthaya and other provinces in Central Thailand "

:D:):D

Whatever the forum claims as the area it covers, there is still some common sense relevance to proximity. ;) Anyway, I was just teasing our distant neighbor and encouraging him to contribute to our group. :)

I think it is like VF said. The "Rai" is a state of mind. Even some of the regulars don't live IN the Rai. They just associate themselves with it because it is the largest town in their area.

Lots of the far away folks would rather be here even if they can't be. If they can't be here physically, they can be here as a part of the forum. Welcome to them all, I say. Biff doesn't live here yet but he sure contributes a lot to the forum. He's one of us.

I think it is like VF said. The "Rai" is a state of mind. Even some of the regulars don't live IN the Rai. They just associate themselves with it because it is the largest town in their area.

Lots of the far away folks would rather be here even if they can't be. If they can't be here physically, they can be here as a part of the forum. Welcome to them all, I say. Biff doesn't live here yet but he sure contributes a lot to the forum. He's one of us.

Thank you, just got in from work, felt a little down today being so far away from where I want to be. Your comment has cheered me up considerably jap.gif

• Like 1

Thank you, just got in from work, felt a little down today being so far away from where I want to be. Your comment has cheered me up considerably jap.gif

I only said you're one of us. I didn't say you were as handsome as I am. So calm down.

I only said you're one of us. I didn't say you were as handsome as I am. So calm down.

:lol:

Welcome, mistephenso. I hope to see you posting some more on here.

I don't know if you're looking for other Farang in your area but there are several older threads on this forum relating to your area and one where folks are looking to connect with others in your area. Here are the threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/280668-anybody-live-in-mae-chai-near-phyao/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/271803-phayao/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/319110-back-hoeexcavator-and-operator-near-phayao/

There are probably more but I just ran across these as I was looking for something else.

kandahar

Thanks kandahar and VF - yes, I'll be floating around on here in the future...

Will take a look at those links in a bit. Farangs are definitely a minority in Phayao, although it is good for getting stuck into the Thai 'way of life' I guess!? :rolleyes: