Where Do You Live?

villagefarang

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I neglected to consider direction from town when I started this topic and focused instead on distance only. It was brought to my attention recently that East, where I live, has traditionally lagged behind other directions in development but I seem to meet more and more people located East of town these days. Maybe nothing in it, just more people everywhere, but I have noticed a change.

(Oh, and the forum map mentioned early on in this thread never really worked out and was taken down.)

Thank you tangaroa67 for casting your vote and in doing so reminding me of this topic I started a while back. Anyone who may have moved in the last couple of years could delete their vote and then vote again to represent their current location.

Edited by villagefarang

Pasang North just off the 1173 northeast of CR. Only been here for a few month or so.

I live in one of the other villages called Baan Pasang, further east. There is at least one other I have seen.

Are you really more than 50k out of town? I can take a shortcut that knocks off 5k but I much prefer the longer 54k route to the Si Sai Mun intersection.

Edited by villagefarang

We have property about 2 Klm from the new bridge in Chinag Khong we have a stream about 2 meters wide goes all the way down one side of our property. Love the area and hope to be living there soon . I also have a house in Nontaburi it is my base for the family and the kids school ,

Chiang Khong surrounding area is we're my future will be in Thailand

Nice local people good food nice climate mountains water

• 5 months later...

We have a few new members who haven’t posted on this thread. What do you say, where do you live?smile.png

May be one of them it's me? - OK, I am 240 km south of Chiang Rai - A.

We are living in a village north of Phrae - B.

post-78175-0-76523800-1372257738_thumb.j

And I'll have to do a lot of interesting work to read these 100 posts.

Nice to meet you.

Wolfgang

We have a few new members who haven’t posted on this thread. What do you say, where do you live?smile.png

attachicon.gifNear the Sea.JPG

Nice to meet you.

Wolfgang

Nice to meet you Wolfmuc. We have been hearing more from the outlying provinces recently. A lot of interest in Phayao lately for example. Thanks for the map and do you get up to Chiang Rai from time to time?

post-78175-0-00768100-1372311414_thumb.jpost-78175-0-86847800-1372311436_thumb.j

Nice to meet you.

Wolfgang

Nice to meet you Wolfmuc. We have been hearing more from the outlying provinces recently. A lot of interest in Phayao lately for example. Thanks for the map and do you get up to Chiang Rai from time to time?

Thanks for the friendly welcome, 'villagefarang in a valley with a view' and 'Aftrmidnyt in Rim Kok', too. - Years ago I went to Mae Sai very

often, then I had to go to Nan. But I think visiting Chiang Rai would be a very good idea. And on the way up north we will stop at Lake Phayao,

a beautiful place too.

I'll attach 2 pictures, shot near our village. Most part of Phrae province is a wide valley with mountain ranges in the east and in the west.

So we have a very special climate, e.g. we had only 2 or 3 rain showers in the last months. But yesterday the rainy season started.

I'm sure.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifEAST.JPGattachicon.gifWEST.JPG

Thanks for the friendly welcome, 'villagefarang in a valley with a view' and 'Aftrmidnyt in Rim Kok', too. - Years ago I went to Mae Sai very

often, then I had to go to Nan. But I think visiting Chiang Rai would be a very good idea. And on the way up north we will stop at Lake Phayao,

a beautiful place too.

I'll attach 2 pictures, shot near our village. Most part of Phrae province is a wide valley with mountain ranges in the east and in the west.

So we have a very special climate, e.g. we had only 2 or 3 rain showers in the last months. But yesterday the rainy season started.

I'm sure.

Nice pictures and I know what you mean about living in a valley which runs North-South with mountain ranges on either side. Often it looks like rain is coming but it sticks to the mountains and bypasses our area without so much as a drop.

attachicon.gifEAST.JPGattachicon.gifWEST.JPG

Nice to meet you.

Wolfgang

a beautiful place too.

I'm sure.

I agree with you about Phayao. I live on the opposite side of the lake.