Cheap Khaosan Road Guesthouse?

singto

What's the best guesthouse in khaosan road at the price range of 400-500 baht? Of course I would want a safe and secured guesthouse with hot/cold bath and cable tv. 

Thanks for the help.

:o you dont want much do you. Sorry but that is all this question deserves

What's the best guesthouse in khaosan road at the price range of 400-500 baht? Of course I would want a safe and secured guesthouse with hot/cold bath and cable tv. 

Thanks for the help.

:o you dont want much do you. Sorry but that is all this question deserves

So accomodating of you...thanks for the insulting remarks...not to mention you being a senior member of this forum...

I just happen to be able to get the same accomodation with that price at kasemsan road near MBK mall the last time I visited bkk, so was thinking maybe there might be better deals in Khaosan...

Well, maybe next time I suggest you help and not make fun of others...

Singto, maybe the comments came because what you expect is not really realistic. you may get cold and hot water bathroom for as low as 400-500 Baht, but I dont believe you can get such thing as a cable TV and "good security" for such a small amount. I think none of those cheap guesthouses can provide a good security. what I would recommend is, get ur luggage stored at Hua Lamphong railway station, its cheap (30 baht a day as far as I know) and not far from Khaosan, then head for Khaosan by bus or TukTuk, and just "shop around", always check the rooms b4. Apparently, the guesthouses at Soi Rambuttri, behind Wat Chai Chana Songkhram, are much better value for money and in a quiet and green surrounding. and no noise from drunken or drug-using backpacking-trash at night...... I was walking at Rambuttri several times in the evening and its a relaxed area, and just behind Khaoson road.....

Singto, maybe the comments came because what you expect is not really realistic. you may get cold and hot water bathroom for as low as 400-500 Baht, but I dont believe you can get such thing as a cable TV and "good security" for such a small amount. I think none of those cheap guesthouses can provide a good security. what I would recommend is, get ur luggage stored at Hua Lamphong railway station, its cheap (30 baht a day as far as I know) and not far from Khaosan, then head for Khaosan by bus or TukTuk, and just "shop around", always check the rooms b4. Apparently, the guesthouses at Soi Rambuttri, behind Wat Chai Chana Songkhram, are much better value for money and in a quiet and green surrounding. and no noise from drunken or drug-using backpacking-trash at night...... I was walking at Rambuttri several times in the evening and its a relaxed area, and just behind Khaoson road.....

This is what I call helping others...thanks AsiaWolfie...

Came across this site of Sawasdee inn, check it out:

http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/sawas...osan/index.html

And yes, they've got all of what I've been looking for...this is only for 520 baht a night...

Thanks again AsiaWolfie...

Thanks for the help.

under a bridge near a policebox, smoke some dope, get cought and they give you the water ... :o

Haha...if I end up in jail then I guess everything would be free huh? :D

Thanks for the help.

under a bridge near a policebox, smoke some dope, get cought and they give you the water ... :o

Haha...if I end up in jail then I guess everything would be free huh? :D

yeah, but if you want i can tell you some very good and cheap solutions...

but i have to go home to check them out .. if you want send them tomorrow :D

I personally would avoid staying on KSR. If you goto Samsen Soi 6. There is a hotel there called the Nakorn Pink Hotel. Its only a 7-10 minute walk from KSR or a 20-30 baht Tuk-Tuk ride. Its 300 baht a night. You get a double bed , fan, fridge, TV, phone, toilet, shower and free drinking water. If you want aircon then its 100 baht more. If you want hot water its 100 baht more. Personally at this time of the year you dont really need either.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help.

Try the New Siam Guest House 1

21 Soi Chanasongkram

Phra-a-Thit Road

Phanakorn

Bangkok

Tel

(66)02 2824554

Clean, secure, Tv Hot water and really friendly. Its just of Khaosarn Road and you pay 300-600 baht I have been there 4 times

Have a look at: http://steveatbangkwang.bravehost.com

I live in balhumpu / wisutcasa

in kowsan road , all hotels are over crowded and expensif.

for good value you need to cross the road , and go around the temple , Way Chai Chana song kram ( many guess houses there ) .

best value are a little further ( 10 minutes walk from kowsan )

take thanon Samsen and soi S . samsen 6 .

they are around the 350 - 450 baht a night .

link for map :

http://www.bangkokbob.net/map/cde_234.htm

I personally would avoid staying on KSR. If you goto Samsen Soi 6. There is a hotel there called the Nakorn Pink Hotel. Its only a 7-10 minute walk from KSR or a 20-30 baht Tuk-Tuk ride. Its 300 baht a night. You get a double bed , fan, fridge, TV, phone, toilet, shower and free drinking water. If you want aircon then its 100 baht more. If you want hot water its 100 baht more. Personally at this time of the year you dont really need either.

I remember that place before it was used by backpackers it used to be quite nice, large rooms quiet and comfy. The street life around it was almost rural country village life in the midst of Bangkok, kids playing in the streets, neighbours chatting outside front door. But then i went back one year and it was full of kow <deleted> road over spill, kind of lost its charm some what. And the attitude of the staff had dropped from the very good welcoming service to the usual, another bloody forang, attitude that seems to follow the backpackers of today around. But the rooms were good for the price.