Building Thai Style Home

blue eyes

Howdy Everyone,

We are planing on building 2 homes just north of PhiMai off of A2.The first Thai style home we would like to start building around Nov Dec.We will use this as a "hotel" whenever we visit the mooban.This is a home for the "family".Around 2013 we will be moving to Issan and at that time would like to build a home simaler to #2 home in the photos.

I am wondering what the cost to build each would be in this area.We already have the land so it is just the cost of the homes.I know the cost of the 2nd home will be different 8 years from now.This should be the link to the photos.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/geebro2003/a...m/ph//my_photos

Lovekindness to All, :o

Gee

Howdy Everyone,

We are planing on building 2 homes just north of PhiMai off of A2.The first Thai style home we would like to start building around Nov Dec.We will use this as a "hotel" whenever we visit the mooban.This is a home for the "family".Around 2013 we will be moving to Issan and at that time would like to build a home simaler to #2 home in the photos.

I am wondering what the cost to build each would be in this area.We already have the land so it is just the cost of the homes.I know the cost of the 2nd home will be different 8 years from now.This should be the link to the photos.

Gee

blue-eyes, owing to the shortage and high price of suitable timber, most "thai houses in the villages are now brick and concrete and instead of building on piers they build up the block, the equivelant of a "thai house " in brick and concrete ranges from 400k-700k. Western style as in #2 are approx 8000 bt per sq. metre inside and 2000 bt for outside (patio,s verandahs etc) those prices are pretty current as I am in the process of planning and building now , there are so many variables its not funny here, for instance I am looking to do 6" (150mm) walls instead of the 60mm rendered block and its not much more exxy.also concrete roof tiles range from 9.5 bt each to 29 bt each ,so how long is a piece of string?

cheers

ozzydom

Howdy Everyone,

Gee

blue-eyes, owing to the shortage and high price of suitable timber, most "thai houses in the villages are now brick and concrete and instead of building on piers they build up the block, the equivelant of a "thai house " in brick and concrete ranges from 400k-700k. Western style as in #2 are approx 8000 bt per sq. metre inside and 2000 bt for outside (patio,s verandahs etc) those prices are pretty current as I am in the process of planning and building now , there are so many variables its not funny here, for instance I am looking to do 6" (150mm) walls instead of the 60mm rendered block and its not much more exxy.also concrete roof tiles range from 9.5 bt each to 29 bt each ,so how long is a piece of string?

cheers

ozzydom

ozzydom, i'm also planning on building in issan but it seems the prices i'm encountering are quite a bit higher than the 8000 bt per sqm. that you quoted. can you give me rough idea what would be included in the price you quoted. i can't figure out why my prices are so much higher.

thanks,

two roads

Howdy Everyone,

Gee

cheers

ozzydom

ozzydom, i'm also planning on building in issan but it seems the prices i'm encountering are quite a bit higher than the 8000 bt per sqm. that you quoted. can you give me rough idea what would be included in the price you quoted. i can't figure out why my prices are so much higher.

thanks,

two roads

Two roads, that is the current price quoted by developpers and architects here in Chiang Mai for a good standard brick and tile home ready to move in and furnish.

But the engineer doing my plans agrees that that cost can be lowered dramatically by getting good plans made,hiring a site foreman on salary and contracting out the various stages such as slab pour,roof trusses ,roof tiling etc that cuts out the profit margin involved in buying from a developer or single contractor.

Howdy Everyone,

Gee

cheers

ozzydom

thanks,

two roads

Two roads, that is the current price quoted by developpers and architects here in Chiang Mai for a good standard brick and tile home ready to move in and furnish.

But the engineer doing my plans agrees that that cost can be lowered dramatically by getting good plans made,hiring a site foreman on salary and contracting out the various stages such as slab pour,roof trusses ,roof tiling etc that cuts out the profit margin involved in buying from a developer or single contractor.

two roads ,check out this site for a better idea of values,it shows details and pictures of various designs,example the one I live in is the Crystal Majesty. 3 bedroom brick and tile 80 sq m living area house price 630,000 bt.

http://www.koolpuntville.com/

Howdy Everyone,

Gee

cheers

ozzydom

thanks,

two roads

two roads ,check out this site for a better idea of values,it shows details and pictures of various designs,example the one I live in is the Crystal Majesty. 3 bedroom brick and tile 80 sq m living area house price 630,000 bt.

http://www.koolpuntville.com/

Ozzydom,

Very helpful....appreciate it.

Two Roads

Howdy Everyone,

Gee

Howdy Everyone,

Would just like to add that I have now gotten some plans drawn up for the home that we are going to build in Nov.If you go to..... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/geebro2003/d...8&.dnm=b5e7.jpg

I have added it so you will be able to see the plans,part of them that is.Still looking for a cost estimate of this home in the Phi Mai area.It is as you can see an Issan Village style home.

Lovekindness to All,

Thanks,Gee