24 Hour Non Stop Binge - My Body Has Broken Out Into Red Spots

Mobi

I went on a 24 hour binge, starting Saturday afternoon and finished yesterday afternoon.

Since then I have been home sleeping it off. Today I feel terrible and notice that my stomach, arms and shoulders have broken out into red spots/blotches, and my face is bright red.

I have no appetite and have lost an amazing 5 kilos in 24 hours.

Any experts out there have any idea what is going on? Is it serious or will it go away? Should I see a Doc?

Can't speak about the red blotches per se but the weight loss sounds like dehydration which is common with so much alcohol consumption..

*edit* ^There is that too.....Hopefully you haven't drank yourself into kidney or liver failure...

Edited by WarpSpeed

my last binge lasted 72 hours non-stop and if a kind soul from AA hadn't 'rescued' me I'd probably be dead already.

Two weeks ago I fell over and severely smashed my right wrist and had to have a metal plate inserted to meld all the broken pieces back in pace. I have probably lost full use of my hand forever.

I am a walking disaster - no doubt about that. The stories I could tell.....

Been doing bit of research. It seems that my body became dehydrated which has caused the skin condition and accounts for the rapid weight loss.

I have started taking electrolytes and see if there is any improvement. If not I will go to a doc tomorrow.

And I will try to stay off the booze....

my last binge lasted 72 hours non-stop and if a kind soul from AA hadn't 'rescued' me I'd probably be dead already.

Two weeks ago I fell over and severely smashed my right wrist and had to have a metal plate inserted to meld all the broken pieces back in pace. I have probably lost full use of my hand forever.

I am a walking disaster - no doubt about that. The stories I could tell.....

Been doing bit of research. It seems that my body became dehydrated which has caused the skin condition and accounts for the rapid weight loss.

I have started taking electrolytes and see if there is any improvement. If not I will go to a doc tomorrow.

And I will try to stay off the booze....

I will meet you in the bar and we can swap stories ok!.....tempted?

Eat some eggs. That and the electrolytes are about what you'd get in the IV.

I will meet you in the bar and we can swap stories ok!.....tempted?

yes, but only when I relapse.

Which probably won't be too long :P

I've got enough 'drunken bastard' stories of my own.

After I smashed all my front teeth, I never thought of stopping drinking. If I had, I'd have cleared my mortgage by now...

It was the feeling of powerlessness that made me stop, in the end. For the time being.

I really can't think of any problem that would be improved without my teeth, with a smashed-up wrist, or with red blotches all over my body...

Although I supose, when I find such a problem, I'll know what to do about it.

SC

Don't mention it.....Oh that's right!......................

You didn't.........

Took a xanax last night and slept for about 6 hours.

Today I feel much better and the depression has lifted quite a bit.

It was a hel_l of a struggle not to open a bottle last night, but today the urge has receded.

Been taking electrolytes continuously but no noticeable effect on my skin condition. Still have red blotches on my body and a bright red face. Looks Like I've overdone it in a tanning machine.

So I guess I'll go see a doc.

Took a xanax last night and slept for about 6 hours.

Today I feel much better and the depression has lifted quite a bit.

It was a hel_l of a struggle not to open a bottle last night, but today the urge has receded.

Been taking electrolytes continuously but no noticeable effect on my skin condition. Still have red blotches on my body and a bright red face. Looks Like I've overdone it in a tanning machine.

So I guess I'll go see a doc.

Good luck. What are you going to do with the hundreds of baht you saved?

SC

SC

Spend it on whores probably.

BTW the doc didn't think my skin condition has anything to do with alcohol. He said it was a virus. I don't think he knows <deleted> he's talking about!!!

SC

BTW the doc didn't think my skin condition has anything to do with alcohol. He said it was a virus. I don't think he knows <deleted> he's talking about!!!

Yes.... Mobi but at least you have an excuse now that it wasn't the booze and will feel better in about an hour when you give in to the demons inside......no?

SC

Yes.... Mobi but at least you have an excuse now that it wasn't the booze and will feel better in about an hour when you give in to the demons inside......no?

not today, I promise... ;)

SC

SC

You've said it once, you've said it twice, it must be true if you'd said it thrice

Bellman's logic, from Lewis Carroll. Sorry I can't remember the specific quote

Good to see you're not wasting the money. In your condition, a pension would probably not be the wisest option.

Give the demons a good kicking from me - you can't drown them, they've got gills.

Even if the doctor is right, you know full well whether you want to drink or not, and he's probably wrong anyway.

The number of blokes (probably you, twice, I can't be bothered to trawl back to check the facts) who've come on here reporting similar symptoms suggests the red blotches are more than coincidentally related to the drink

SC

Red spots, blotches sound like a physical allergic reaction to alcohol to me. If you are still not drinking and still have the redness then suggest you take some Atarax (over the counter antihisimine with tranqulizer effects) 25-50mg works for both alcohol withdrawal and allergy. Good luck and get yourself to a meeting.

I was driving to Bang Chang yesterday when it came to me in a revelation.

My bright red face is due to sun burn! I suddenly remembered that On Sunday morning I was on the beach at day break and was wandering around in the sun all morning.

It seems to be further confirmed by the fact that the area around my eyes is still white, as I wore glasses.

It doesn't explain the red blotches on my body, as I wore a shirt, but the area under my neck which would have been exposed to sun is red, and the blotches on my shoulder and stomach could be heat spots.

Anyway the blotches are starting to fade and my face is not quite as red, so I guess whatever it was it is slowly getting better.

Aren't these girls wonderful?

At every bar I went to yesterday I was congratulated when I refused an alcoholic drink. It was quite funny because everyone knows me (Bang Chang, Jomtien, Pattaya) and they always try to anticipate what be my tipple of the night would be, but yesterday no one got it right. Soda, Diet Coke, Orange juice. Boring but healthy.

Now all I have to do is deal with my sex addiction.

On second thoughts - Why?

I used to break out into the red blotches from time to time..hasn't happened for a while now.

I could never find any real rhyme or reason, but ALWAYS after heavy drinking...I mean, it didn't seem to matter what I drank, whether I mixed beer and spirits, whether or not I drank a lot of water while boozing, whether I was in a hot or cold environment, or what have you, just sometimes it happened and sometimes it didn't.

Never had it last more than a few hours though. I would usually disappear somewhere, stay in an ice cold shower for 15 minutes or so, then it would fade. Felt slightly hot flushed, but not itchy. And I would notice it appear on sensitive parts of my body first, like around bruises, bites, scratches, etc. Would probably happen once a month or so.

Come to think of it, I think it might have usually, but not always happened on the second day of drinking...

My bright red face is due to sun burn! I suddenly remembered that On Sunday morning I was on the beach at day break and was wandering around in the sun all morning.

It seems to be further confirmed by the fact that the area around my eyes is still white, as I wore glasses.

It doesn't explain the red blotches on my body, as I wore a shirt, but the area under my neck which would have been exposed to sun is red, and the blotches on my shoulder and stomach could be heat spots.

Anyway the blotches are starting to fade and my face is not quite as red, so I guess whatever it was it is slowly getting better.

At every bar I went to yesterday I was congratulated when I refused an alcoholic drink. It was quite funny because everyone knows me (Bang Chang, Jomtien, Pattaya) and they always try to anticipate what be my tipple of the night would be, but yesterday no one got it right. Soda, Diet Coke, Orange juice. Boring but healthy.

How is today treating you? Have the blotches cleared?

I discovered I've received a traffic fine from turning into the massage parlour...

SC

How is today treating you? Have the blotches cleared?

I discovered I've received a traffic fine from turning into the massage parlour...

SC

It was definitely sun burn. The blotches have pretty much cleared up. I have been eating carefully but still put back a couple of kilos in weight. Maybe just the result of re-hydrating.

Still sober - now day 4. Too early to get excited.

Second night alone.

Feeling depressed today but managing to stay sober.

Thanks for your interest :)

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

It was definitely sun burn. The blotches have pretty much cleared up. I have been eating carefully but still put back a couple of kilos in weight. Maybe just the result of re-hydrating.

Still sober - now day 4. Too early to get excited.

Second night alone.

Feeling depressed today but managing to stay sober.

Thanks for your interest :)

Phone for a takeaway to cheer yourself up...

SC

I can only say that if you are self-aware enough to write into a public forum, then you should have the common-sense to realise you have a major drinking problem

Sort it out.

Thank you for your most insightful comment.

I would never have realised I had a mjor drinking problem it if you hadn't pointed it out, my avatar and my blog, (mobithailand.com "My name is Mobi I am an alcoholic"), not withstanding.... :whistling:

I posted to ask a specific medical condition that arose from drinking.

Not be lectured by someone who is so naive as to imagine I am not aware of my problem and then to say something so trite as "sort it out".

Tell that to the millions of alcoholics throughput the world who spend most of their lives trying to do just that.

So now we have the magic answer guys: "sort it out"

For those who may be interested, I have now been sober for one week and feeling pretty good, despite huge mood swings and a struggle with anger management. But that goes with the territory.

No progress on my sex addiction though, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I can only say that if you are self-aware enough to write into a public forum, then you should have the common-sense to realise you have a major drinking problem

Sort it out.

Doh! Why didn't I think of that?!

SC