Jomtien Fishing Park Vs. Pattaya Fishing Park

Ozaemon

Hello fellow anglers,

I live in Bangkok and have been meaning to head down to Pattaya for a weekend and would like to check out one of their fishing parks. So far all I've found on the internet are Jomtien Fishing Park and Pattaya Fishing Park. They both look good but I'd like to know which one has the better fishing experience. By better I mean a combination of plentiful stock and large fishes.

cheers :jap:

Hi,

To be honest I have never tried Jomtien fishing park, but I have made a few trips to Pattaya fishing park. never had a bad day there, the times I have been the fish have averaged 18kg, biggest I have seen was around 30 kg, reports say they go up to 40kg. Through general chit chat with anglers who do the rounds, Pattaya fishing park seems to be most popular, especially for big fish.

thanks a lot justsignedin!

I just went to Bungsamran today and landed some monsters so it would be nice to head out of town to try change the atmosphere while also landing some biggies!

Hi,

To be honest I have never tried Jomtien fishing park, but I have made a few trips to Pattaya fishing park. never had a bad day there, the times I have been the fish have averaged 18kg, biggest I have seen was around 30 kg, reports say they go up to 40kg. Through general chit chat with anglers who do the rounds, Pattaya fishing park seems to be most popular, especially for big fish.

Jomtien is just a rectangular pond with cover down one side. Plenty of fish but only saw one sp of catfish - I am not sure but they may be Chao Praya Catfish which seem to be thickest at the back far corner from the entry area. In other words, when there, go as far down and away from the place you pay and cast to the very back corner. Average size was not great - 12K but good fun. The place was filled with Russian Tourists when I was last there - no problems except they had no idea about fishing manners - cast across you - tread on your gear etc. Can't remember the soi number but think it was 18 or 21 off the Jomtien beach road. It's a fair walk down the soi to the very end. There were a couple of very dodgy soi dogs - I picked up a stick and that was all that was needed. Looked like rabies on four legs to me though.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

could anybody provide a google earth link, or a gps coordinate, of Jomtien Fishing Park? thanks!

Jomtien Fishing Park

Hopefully the link may put you somewhere close to the fishing park. If not it's down Chom Thian 14, crossing a new road then down a track for a short distance. Just zoom in on google maps and you should see it.If I'm wrong blame the Leo! It was around 10 minutes from Jomtien Boathouse on Beach Road. I fished there last month and although nothing spectacular was caught I did manage to catch 12 plus Cats during a morning session. Prices were very reasonable and including food, drink, hire tackle and bait came to a little over 600 baht.

I was wrong - just checked my records - it is at the end of soi 14. 12.883106,100.888159 on Google maps

Jomtien is just a rectangular pond with cover down one side. Plenty of fish but only saw one sp of catfish - I am not sure but they may be Chao Praya Catfish which seem to be thickest at the back far corner from the entry area. In other words, when there, go as far down and away from the place you pay and cast to the very back corner. Average size was not great - 12K but good fun. The place was filled with Russian Tourists when I was last there - no problems except they had no idea about fishing manners - cast across you - tread on your gear etc. Can't remember the soi number but think it was 18 or 21 off the Jomtien beach road. It's a fair walk down the soi to the very end. There were a couple of very dodgy soi dogs - I picked up a stick and that was all that was needed. Looked like rabies on four legs to me though.

hello Everyone!

We fished few times at Fishing Park near temple in Najomtien and we Loved it becouse there was so many diferent speces of fish to catch .! But they charge 2000Baht/rod wrrr.

Is this avarage price for good fishing park?

Not really go to Bungsamran and you pay 1000 bt and catch bigger for sure. There are other places too that are cheaper like shadow lake in bangkok but its harder to catch fish. There are also more expensive places too but usually they offer large predator fish.

Pattaya Fishing park has got expensive. I took my son in law there. way too many people fishing, swims flooded with bait, caught nothing and they charged us 1100 bht. We were there just under an hour. Needless to say won't be going there again. 20 quid to sit down. GREEDY is the word that springs to mind. The value has gone out of that place. Shame it was good.

Visited Jomtien fishing park late last year. We went around 4pm and the place was deserted, only us and another small group there.

We fished down at the far end and I lost count how many fish we pulled in. It was one after another, as soon as the line was cast there was a fish on it.

They were all one spec. of cat fish, some were quite big and my brother broke his line.

It was really good fun, never caught so many fish.

hello Everyone!

We fished few times at Fishing Park near temple in Najomtien and we Loved it becouse there was so many diferent speces of fish to catch .! But they charge 2000Baht/rod wrrr.

Is this avarage price for good fishing park?

Place I was at last Sunday is 300 Baht per rod, and they include the rod and bait (bread)

There's so many in Pattaya, which one is Pattaya Fishing Park?

• 1 month later...

Jomtien fishing park is 100baht per rod. Very cheap. It isn't a very large place, but very good price for catching fish on every cast. I only caught Sawai's. They say that there are a couple of very large fish mixed in. I didn't see, but it is a great place that I would visit again.

I would not waste money on lam there, just a piece of bread on hook and cast to the other bank with a bobber and it is fishon!

• 5 months later...

sounds like alot of different prices,for the same thing,fished jomtiem park last week,cost 450 bht. ,included bait. my thai not being that good i went along with program,even tho i knew the price probably varied on the whims of the owner!!! Good fishing,deckhands only bated me up twice (probably should tip a head of time) cant avoid crossing lines,as these fish are going to go where they want for a bit(amazingdid not see one tangle) makes for good pics ,the fish are silvery brite.

Pattaya Fishing park has got expensive. I took my son in law there. way too many people fishing, swims flooded with bait, caught nothing and they charged us 1100 bht. We were there just under an hour. Needless to say won't be going there again. 20 quid to sit down. GREEDY is the word that springs to mind. The value has gone out of that place. Shame it was good.

Apologise for you not to fish on at our Pattaya Fishing Park, Our services and staffs bare in our mind, how important of our customer,They will always get pressure when the line and rod keeping quiet, because they know, there is plenty of big fish, size up to 50 kgs loaded in the pond, some conditions such as the weather too cold so fish might eats less,or someday we are very busy, (just in case) or Customer brings their own rod, Our staffs not allowed to touch the rod(incase accident and damage) for support such as Staff knows well where the areas fish are. But if you rent our rod 500 baht per day (including fishing fee), We promised to look after you and do every thing for making customer gets the big one,(almost 100% has been ok.) our location is closed to Sukhumwit Pattaya Road, far away from Pattaya Under Waterworld just 5 minutes, contact us or booking 081-652-7829,085-915-2575