Former Novice Thai Monk Sentenced To 112 Years In Jail

webfact

Former Novice Monk Sentenced to 112 Years in Jail for Fraud

BANGKOK: -- A former Buddhist novice monk, who was famous for his bizarre black magic, has been sentenced to a total of 112 years in prison for fraud.

The Appeals Court convicted one-time Buddhist novice monk, Harn Raksachit, better known as Nane Air, for fraud after he placed advertisements claiming he had magical powers that would cure serious diseases.

Harn asked his female clients to undress during the ritual and persuade them to have sex with him, claiming this would make the magic more potent.

He was handed a 112-year jail term but it was reduced to 84 years as the court deemed that his testimonies had facilitated the trial. However, the court finally sentenced Harn to 20 years in prison as it is the maximum penalty for the case.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-06-23

footer_n.gif

He was handed a 112-year jail term

the court finally sentenced Harn to 20 years in prison as it is the maximum penalty for the case.

Thai logic.

Always funny.

Not funny.

He should have his willy cut off.

Why? So he banged some incredibly gullible women. So what? 20 years for that? Totally disproportionate. How about demasculating the cops that accept bribes in the form of sexual favours?

• Like 1

Why? So he banged some incredibly gullible women. So what? 20 years for that? Totally disproportionate. How about demasculating the cops that accept bribes in the form of sexual favours?

Yes, the cops are indeed the real vermin, this guy was just an opportunist.

I wonder how many of you in your youth tried to take advantage of an inebriated young girl?

I wonder how many of you in your youth tried to take advantage of an inebriated young girl?

The fact that these crimes were committed while he was a novice monk makes it worse than just having banged some gullible women.

Strange. He was found guilty of fraud, so it was the trick, the lie, that he was arrested for - charging for something he had no intention of giving - not for tricking diseased girls into having sex with him. Not assault. Not intentional intent to spread disease. Not rape. Fraud.

How many other monks offer palm reading, numerology, seances, exorcism - any difference between these "promises" than his? What about the "magical floating Nun" in Chiang Rai I once went to see with a group of Thais - magical, until I suggested it was salt water and of course she would float higher in the water - proved when one of the boys tasted it (against any advice!) and found it to be "very salty". Many people go to see this "miracle"- most give money as donations - Fraud?

It seems the mention of sex and monk in the same sentence brings out the lynch mob mentality in Thais, and like Alcopone (spelling?), whatever they can make stick is good enough put put them away.

Harn asked his female clients to undress during the ritual and persuade them to have sex with him, claiming this would make the magic more potent

Good to know that trick still works in Los,any ideas where to advertise?

what do you mean in my youth..????

Not funny.

Any why's that? It's not like he raped anyone, they consented. Bit naughty while robed, but lets keep this in perspective, 20 (could have been 112) years for consensual sex between adults!! You get less for murder here.

I know it doesn't mention it on TV but my wife says he deserves his sentence as one time, many years ago, this monk put a woman's still born baby in a bottle and kept it for his black magic.

I still think 112 or is it 20? years for fraud is a bit strong.

How many people do you know who have been scammed over the years in LOS?

Edited by sabaijai
thai bashing deleted

Score 1,000+ for weird and wonderful stories in Thailand. Don't they realise that this kind of stuff ends up in the Guinness Book of records and serves only to make the country look simply bizarre and arbitrary.

One would get a lesser sentence for swindling millions, but tricking consenting women gets bashed with a sledgehammer.

Not funny.

Any why's that? It's not like he raped anyone, they consented.

It never hurts to do a bit of looking around at the original case when an Appeals Court decision is given:

Occultist Harn Raksajit was yesterday sentenced to 100 years in combined prison terms for the sexual assault of many women.

Harn was sentenced to 25 four-year terms after being convicted of the rape or sexual assault of 25 women.

The Nation 2006-12-30

Occultist sentenced to 100 yrs

Strange. He was found guilty of fraud, so it was the trick, the lie, that he was arrested for - charging for something he had no intention of giving - not for tricking diseased girls into having sex with him. Not assault. Not intentional intent to spread disease. Not rape. Fraud.

How many other monks offer palm reading, numerology, seances, exorcism - any difference between these "promises" than his? What about the "magical floating Nun" in Chiang Rai I once went to see with a group of Thais - magical, until I suggested it was salt water and of course she would float higher in the water - proved when one of the boys tasted it (against any advice!) and found it to be "very salty". Many people go to see this "miracle"- most give money as donations - Fraud?

It seems the mention of sex and monk in the same sentence brings out the lynch mob mentality in Thais, and like Alcopone (spelling?), whatever they can make stick is good enough put put them away.

You've got it!

Tricksters, way too many and way too much widely accepted, if not respected - TiT!

A former Buddhist novice monk

Isn't that description a bit extreme, considering just about every Thai male

has been a novice, or even a monk at some stage in their life????

Pure sensationalism......... :bah:

like with most "free" sex, he is paying the price in the long run

Words of great wisdom, from surangw...................I have recently been offered free sex but turned it down on the basis that I have no real interest in the lady despite her interest in me as well as her claim to love me after 2 days of knowing me! so I thought why not do the honest thing and just pay her for it thus maintaining a client customer relationship and not missleading anyone. We met in an apartment as she was a friend of a friend not in a bar. I also don't think sex is often truly free Prince Charles once referred to most British wives as being whores and I think he makes a good point.:)

take advantage?? would not dare!!