World Cup - Usa

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, this thread is really horrible. i dare any of you who have already posted to start again at page 1. re-read the shit you have said to each other, i dare ya.

and... "english sense of humor" sounds like an oxymoron. but my father does love Fawlty Towers. USA! USA! USA!

:)

Warp speed you have just stated the fact yourself .....yes this is a World Cup thread about the USA in South Africa.

I have just read your posta here and to be honest with you,not once have you actually stated anywhere on this thread about your teams performance so far in this comp,all you have done is continually waffle on about American this and American that ,is it that you are here for only the reason to antagonize people because you dont see the irony(yes sarcasm also)in there posts or is simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

Today you have ranted on about name calling which on a forum is stupid,everybody does it but is meant as light hearted banter,do you want me to refer you to posts made of yours before which a moderator said he would let it slide this time?

Every thread i have read you have some problem with somebodys view,we are all entitled to our opinion and so are others but you keep to continually think you are in the right on every point you make.

This is a football forum that involves banter and fun at the expense of other teams,people take the piss and we laugh at each other and don't continually have to make remarks against others point of view simply because they don't agree with our own.

In short mate it is a happy forum and you have got to laugh at yourself sometimes why don't you actually talk about soccer and how well your team is doing in the World Cup i think you would get a bit more respect that way...don't you?

The USA play Ghana at the weekend did you forget that,what about the team? ...the players?...Ghana? how do you think they will play? ;)

Its the best post on the entire thread so far and I would hope the yanks will respond to it especially the last two paragraphs. Best of luck against Ghana!

why don't you actually talk about soccer and how well your team is doing in the World Cup

Are you serious? You just wrote 4 paragraphs and not one word on how your team or any team is going to do in the world cup and you are lecturing others on what to write about.

simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

You are right about that one though, I will give a little credit. Because the first time we read something funny you write about, well it will be the first time won't it.

By the way, aren't there enough threads about English football that you don't have to come in here and try to ruin this one. I realize it must be killing you that England came in 2nd to the US, but get over it. We don't care.

• Like 1

Looks like it was asked but never answered earlier in the thread, but is there a bar or anywhere USA fans will be for the game?

Somebody mentioned the Man U bar, and I'm sure the 1:30 start will cut attendance, but still. Where did people see the last game?

It looks like a very even match - both have a good chance to progress. Ghana looked quite dangerous against the Germans and were unlucky not too score. They play with a great pace and good technical skills. Slight favourites for me as long as they stay organized.

Excuse me, but approximately 60 percent of American citizens with Hispanic backgrounds were indeed born in the USA. The cheek!

Too bad they can't play the game. There are only 3 Hispanics on the USA team and at least one of them was born in Mexico.

btw - 40% born outside the US isn't a small number considering they arrived in the "New Country" before anyone else other than the Indians.

Edited by koheesti

As for Americans knocking English football, what a bunch of hogwash. Never happens, but why not take the opportunity to gloat when the only thing you even care about finishes 2nd to the US which was 1st. You must feel so BAD, and I feel so sorry for you. NOT!!!

Why should we feel so bad? Your team won the group fair and square. USA have had a decent enough team for a number of years - informed football fans, not johnny come lately know that; one thing is for certain the thing that has never been developed across the pond is a sense of humour. As to the USA finishing 1st, 1st in what? Italy finished 2nd in their group at the last World Cup and went on to win it - I am sure they were distraught at that. BTW, that in now way means that I believe that England will progress any further than the next round - but we should be in for a passionate game against two of the biggest teams left in the draw. I really don't understand some of this BS being spouted by several people who have never shown any interest in commenting on football up until the last few days. I'm happy in the knowledge that England are shit, and anything they do achieve from here on in, is a bonus. Enjoy the rest of the tournament - I will regardless of if England remain in it. :)

As to the USA finishing 1st, 1st in what?

The US was first in Group C of the World Cup and England was second. Which means the US plays Ghana in the second round a team not expected to make it that far verse England playing one of the tournament favorites Germany.

While I am no football expert by any means, I am 100% sure England would rather play Ghana instead of Germany.

The second thing America won is the right to say that in a four team tournament on the biggest stage in the world for the sport America won the tournament and England lost despite the fact it is by far the number one most popular sports in the country and was a devastating loss for all of their fans.

Once again what is your point? Are there not enough threads on English football at this site so all of you do not have to come into this one and attempt to put a spin on your failure and try to make it into something it wasn't?

• Like 1

The US was first in Group C of the World Cup and England was second. Which means the US plays Ghana in the second round a team not expected to make it that far verse England playing one of the tournament favorites Germany.

While I am no football expert by any means, I am 100% sure England would rather play Ghana instead of Germany.

The second thing America won is the right to say that in a four team tournament on the biggest stage in the world for the sport America won the tournament and England lost despite the fact it is by far the number one most popular sports in the country and was a devastating loss for all of their fans.

Once again what is your point? Are there not enough threads on English football at this site so all of you do not have to come into this one and attempt to put a spin on your failure and try to make it into something it wasn't?

Fully agree after reading the rest of your post.

huh.gif

You have just shown us all that you don't know what you are talking about.

devastating loss for all of their fans.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Moonrakers

Im not overly bothered about playing Germany over Ghana, if anything its better the devil you know.

The reason why its good to have won this group is because the route to the semi final is exceptionally easy, whereas England will have to play the Germans, Argentina and if Spain win their group we'll get them in the semis should they beat the other 2.

But also all the English on this and other threads have said well dont to the Americans and that theyve played well deserving top spot.

Im not overly bothered about playing Germany over Ghana, if anything its better the devil you know.

The reason why its good to have won this group is because the route to the semi final is exceptionally easy, whereas England will have to play the Germans, Argentina and if Spain win their group we'll get them in the semis should they beat the other 2.

But also all the English on this and other threads have said well dont to the Americans and that theyve played well deserving top spot.

I think if you read back, nobody said the USA didn't deserve top spot. We have been incredibly hard on England and didn't deserve it based on the performances. Anyways, continuing to moan about it won't make FIFA go back and change the rules so England can play Ghana will it.

:rolleyes:

I think if you read back, nobody said the USA didn't deserve top spot. We have been incredibly hard on England and didn't deserve it based on the performances. Anyways, continuing to moan about it won't make FIFA go back and change the rules so England can play Ghana will it.

hansum is not moaning, he's just saying it as it is. He's right too.

Or maybe i've missed something?

Gyan to do it for Africa

Striker saddened Ghana are only African side in last 16

Ghana-Australia-World-Cup-2010-Group-D-Asamoa_2467762.jpg Gyan: Two World Cup goals

Asamoah Gyan is disappointed Ghana will be the only African side competing in the second round of the 2010 World Cup.

Ghana will play the United States of America in the last 16 after finishing second in Group D following the 1-0 defeat by Germany.

Striker Gyan, who has struck twice at this summer's tournament, is eagerly anticipating the encounter but is saddened to see Ghana as the only nation flying the flag for Africa.

Gyan, who has been linked with a move to West Ham, said: "I am disappointed we are the only African team here.

"African teams had chances to qualify, like Nigeria who could have qualified if only they put the ball in the net.

"Ivory Coast were unlucky because Portugal scored a lot of goals against Korea, but we will give our all to make Africa proud against USA.

"We will be ready, we will have all the support here on Saturday, we can't wait for that."

Edited by NADTATIDA1

The point is that you clearly have no concept of winning or understanding of what a football tournament actually consists of - no one has won anything yet - there's another 4 games to play to be in with a chance of that. The only person spinning here is yourself, with your poor attempt a suggesting you have won a tournamnet.

hansum is not moaning, he's just saying it as it is. He's right too.

Or maybe i've missed something?

Glad it's not only me that's feeling that way.

What's the matter with you today James old boy? Did the lesbian show at Long Gun get canceled last night or something? :lol:

Warp speed you have just stated the fact yourself .....yes this is a World Cup thread about the USA in South Africa.

I have just read your posta here and to be honest with you,not once have you actually stated anywhere on this thread about your teams performance so far in this comp,all you have done is continually waffle on about American this and American that ,is it that you are here for only the reason to antagonize people because you dont see the irony(yes sarcasm also)in there posts or is simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

This is the problem, there is no such thing as an "English sense of humor" only an excuse for being dictatorial, patronizing, sarcastic, dismissive and disingenuous to other people under the guise of referring to it as an "English sense of humor" when it is not and your expectation that everyone should accept it as such instead of you trying to ram it down our throat you should be more flexible and understanding.

Moreover damned if someone tries to apply the same back as you have no concept of American sense of humor nor any respect for American intelligence (queue flamers)... So toddle off now back to your own thread and stop the pretentious and patronizing lectures along with hijacking this thread will you?...Unless you have some real beneficial contribution to make which so far you've shown none of.

JFYI If I want to blather on about how good the US is, then this is the place to do it so get off your high and mighty horse about it you're free to leave at any point and not come back.....

As for flaming well I'm gagged about responding to that, so it's an uneven playing field tilted in your favor as usual isn't it??

This is the problem, there is no such thing as an "English sense of humor" only an excuse for being dictatorial, patronizing, sarcastic, dismissive and disingenuous to other people under the guise of referring to it as an "English sense of humor" when it is not and your expectation that everyone should accept it as such instead of you trying to ram it down our throat you should be more flexible and understanding.

Moreover damned if someone tries to apply the same back as you have no concept of American sense of humor nor any respect for American intelligence (queue flamers)... So toddle off now back to your own thread and stop the pretentious and patronizing lectures along with hijacking this thread will you?...Unless you have some real beneficial contribution to make which so far you've shown none of.

JFYI If I want to blather on about how good the US is, then this is the place to do it so get off your high and mighty horse about it you're free to leave at any point and not come back.....

As for flaming well I'm gagged about responding to that, so it's an uneven playing field tilted in your favor as usual isn't it??

All you ever do is flame. This isn't about football is it. Just pathetic anti English rants. Whilst i despise the way you speak, i am also at a loss as to why you picked on this forum?

Glad it's not only me that's feeling that way.

What's the matter with you today James old boy? Did the lesbian show at Long Gun get canceled last night or something? :lol:

Wasnt talking about Hansum moaning, I meant in General. As for the lesbian show at Long Gun it reminds me of  a joke.

Two intelligent footballers are sitting in the pub after a match and see this gorgeous girl at the bar and one of them decides he is going to go say hello.

"Hi there, my name is John Terry, Captain of Chelsea and former Captain of England" he says. "I think you are gorgeous  - married by chance?"

she replies "I am lesbian"

Terry roles his weird eyes  and asks "What's a lesbian?"

she replies, "You see that cute waitress over there, I could just lick her from head to toe for hours on end."

Terry shrugs his shoulders and heads back over to where his mate is and sits down.

His mate goes, "So what happened John?"

Terry replies, "I think I am lesbian."

:blink:

I watched the Algeria vs USA match. I am an American, but I wouldn't honestly say i was thrilled about their play. As someone said, as they were right, they play in spurts. To be a consistant winner they need to play that way for the whole match.

Having said that, I'm a USA suppporter, and will remain so. They can be exciting and of course I want them to win. What's so unusual about that?

For whoever made the comment about the team be made up of mostly "Latinos", the winning goal was scored bay Donovan. What's Latino about that name?

The USA is becoming a multi-cultural society, and I for one am happy it is. There are a lot of Mexicans in the US, but there are also a lot of Latinos who are from Nicuragua, Hondurous, Puerto Rico (yes it is a Spanish speaking commonwealth)..and so on.

But back to the football. I believe the USA can beat Ghana...but they need to play a whole game that is fast and exciting...not reley on the last 5 minutes. I hope they will.

By the way I picked the US to make it to the 16...frankly I'm not sure they will go to much further. But they can. As always it depends what happens on the field...opinions and trash talking don't count.

Soccar in the US is a secondary sport. Baseball, basketball, American football, ice hockey, and even stock car racing have a lot of money and television exposure. They tend to overpower soccar coverage in the US. This world cup team, if it goes further on, are making an audience aware of soccar/football in the US. The further they go, the more they will have to gain against those other, more entrenched sports, in the US.

So I'll go out on a limb...the USA over Ghana 2 goals to 1.

:lol:

Lets not forget not having their confidence deflated by more egregious refereeing... Yes believe they can win and just like Donovan showed and as others have showed we have to stop missing open nets after we've created great chances such as was done against Algeria where the score line should have been at least 4 maybe 5 nil with Dempsy (another non Latino name) having a hat trick, had he scored that hat trick along with his called back goals he would be leading all scorers now...

heh, this thread is really horrible. i dare any of you who have already posted to start again at page 1. re-read the shit you have said to each other, i dare ya.

and... "english sense of humor" sounds like an oxymoron. but my father does love Fawlty Towers. USA! USA! USA!

:)

Yeah that's the word I was seeking!!!

The Limeys are still sore that we beat them. Yes, they considered a draw to us a loss, that much is obvious. Now they have to play Germany. Good luck with that.

Great seeing all this new blood coming into the football forum, i just hope you all stick around (like we do) when things aren't going so great - ie most of the time.

As far as being sore is concerned, i'm not sure how many times you need to hear from us that you played well and deserved your top spot?

As far as beating us is concerned, usually this claim is reserved for when you take to the field and finish the 90 minutes with more goals than the other team.

Thanks for the offer of good luck with the Germans, but actually it's the last thing i want my team to have. I want us to win fairly and squarely because we play better than them.

Anyway, i'll be cheering on the American team against Ghana because i like the way you have shown you can play (at times) and i think America doing well in the World Cup is good for the tournament.

The Limeys are still sore that we beat them. Yes, they considered a draw to us a loss, that much is obvious. Now they have to play Germany. Good luck with that.

Great seeing all this new blood coming into the football forum, i just hope you all stick around (like we do) when things aren't going so great - ie most of the time.

As far as being sore is concerned, i'm not sure how many times you need to hear from us that you played well and deserved your top spot?

As far as beating us is concerned, usually this claim is reserved for when you take to the field and finish the 90 minutes with more goals than the other team.

Thanks for the offer of good luck with the Germans, but actually it's the last thing i want my team to have. I want us to win fairly and squarely because we play better than them.

Anyway, i'll be cheering on the American team against Ghana because i like the way you have shown you can play (at times) and i think America doing well in the World Cup is good for the tournament.

Go easy on JT Rix, he is new to the football forum.  :lol:

why don't you actually talk about soccer and how well your team is doing in the World Cup

Are you serious? You just wrote 4 paragraphs and not one word on how your team or any team is going to do in the world cup and you are lecturing others on what to write about.

simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

You are right about that one though, I will give a little credit. Because the first time we read something funny you write about, well it will be the first time won't it.

By the way, aren't there enough threads about English football that you don't have to come in here and try to ruin this one. I realize it must be killing you that England came in 2nd to the US, but get over it. We don't care.

Yes incredible hypocrisy isn't it? Not to mention with the continual off topic distraction it's nearly impossible to maintain a sensible discussion... Not withstanding who it is that's responding that is......

Nice Jing Thing, but you didn't beat us - you finished ahead of us on goal difference in the group stage. To beat us, you had that would have entailed actually winning the game against England.

Actually, I haven't seen anything sore from most of the people here - thought you guys deserved to qualify for the next stage. Both teams now have to win their next game.

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't attach a poll to the USA thread. Most disappointing :lol: .

It looks like a very even match - both have a good chance to progress. Ghana looked quite dangerous against the Germans and were unlucky not too score. They play with a great pace and good technical skills. Slight favourites for me as long as they stay organized.

I wouldn't give them favorite status but given the way the games have played out so far, as I stated earlier and was criticized for, I don't think any game this year is a given and the upsets so far bare that out. I think that has been the largest determining factor for a supposedly poor world cup this year as it has been a free for all in some sense and coupled with horrible refereeing the teams are all quite even with only a few exceptions...

difficult one this. my other half is american and the US fans who have been supporting their team in tuskers bar in chiang mai are a great bunch. but part of me also wants ghana to win to keep african interest in the competition up.

Nice Jing Thing, but you didn't beat us - you finished ahead of us on goal difference in the group stage. To beat us, you had that would have entailed actually winning the game against England.

Actually, I haven't seen anything sore from most of the people here - thought you guys deserved to qualify for the next stage. Both teams now have to win their next game.

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't attach a poll to the USA thread. Most disappointing :lol: .

I am surprised the Brits here are so literal. If you actually think I meant you draw is anything but a draw, that is bizarre, and actually I don't even believe you didn't get my point.

So I suppose I have to spell this out. England really expected to beat the U.S.A. and anything less (yes a draw) was less than expectations. For the U.S. on the other hand, tying England was a virtual (but not actual) victory. Duh!

Edited by Jingthing