Two Teens Arrested For Phuket Shooting Murder

webfact

Two teens arrested for Phuket shooting murder

phuket-Suspects-Narongchai-1-bvgMvOM.jpg

Suspects Narongchai 'Tan' Boonprom (left) and Kajorn 'Ee' Chansri (right). The third suspect was arrested for an unconnected case.

PHUKET: A 17-year-old was left dead after one man’s jealousy turned fatal in Phuket Town on Saturday night.

Phuket City Police today announced the arrests 19-year-old Narongchai ‘Tan’ Boonprom of Nakhon Sri Thammarat and 27-year-old Phuket native Kajorn ‘Ee’ Chansri for their involvement in the murder of Phuket youth Witarn Chuaykuea, 17.

An accomplice identified only as ‘James’ remains at large, police said.

Mr Narongchai and Mr Kajorn were arrested yesterday morning at a house on Soi Hon Sai Thong in Rassada but James was not in the house at the time.

Shortly after 8pm on June 26, Phuket City Police responded to a call that three men had attacked and shot Mr Witarn at the Shell service station on the corner of Surin and Phang Nga roads before speeding off on a motorbike.

The victim was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where he later died.

Mr Narongchai confessed to shooting the young man because the latter had been ‘hanging out’ with his ex-girlfriend, whom he had broken up with about two months ago.

One local Thai language news website reported that when they arrived at the scene, police found a large crowd of gas station employees and locals gathered around a pool of blood.

Initial investigations showed that Mr Witarn was talking on the phone and having his motorbike filled with gas when three young men pulled up on another motorbike and parked nearby.

The three approached the young man and an altercation started and blows were exchanged. Witnesses then heard a single gunshot and saw the victim collapse to the ground, the website said.

Mr Witarn was shot in the face with a sawed-off shotgun, it was reported.

Mr Narongchai has been charged with murder and firearms possession, while Mr Kajorn has been charged as an accessory to murder.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-06-28

This kid is 19.. And already been convicted of one murder, and done his time, got out and done another !!

What did he get for the first one ?? 6 months ??

I didn't see this mentioned in the article anywhere. Where did you come up with this information?

]Initial investigations showed that Mr Witarn was talking on the phone and having his motorbike filled with gas

-----------------------------------------------------------------

not that it will help the young man now---but are there no warnings in gas stations about the dangers of doing this ? or is it just ignored ?---

Edited by Bucko

I wonder how many people get murdered in this country due to jealous rage. It is beyond belief that someone has to blow away another's life because of jealousy at seeing his ex girlfriend hanging out with another guy. There are many issues here not least of which is how easy is it to get a sawn off shotgun.

Quite often when I see some guy walking around with his girlfriend in a virtual "headlock" I think there is an extremely possessive & potentially very jealous guy who would not be happy with his gf even looking/smiling at another & generally do not look at all happy when someone looks admiringly at his girl.

This kid is 19.. And already been convicted of one murder, and done his time, got out and done another !!

What did he get for the first one ?? 6 months ??

I didn't see this mentioned in the article anywhere. Where did you come up with this information?

I am not sure if I can quote this as it is from another website but anyway "Khun Narongsak was released from jail last year after serving time for an earlier killing". According to the photo in the story on the other website it was the guy in the centre of the PG photo who admitted to the killing.

Again it begs the question of just how much jail time do killers actually serve in this country? Other questions which could/should be asked by any enterprising reporter are what was he in jail for previously & what was his sentence?