BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
imaneggspurt

Dhl/Customs At It Again

Had a box arrive from the uk in 3 days, 11 days later its still on customs hold, its a broken sony satio phone a friend has sent me to fix, delcared at 65 pounds, they have just asked me for 7500 baht taxes , paid into a private bank account,,as you can imagine i have told them to <deleted> off and enjoy their ( broken ) phone ,.this is not the first time its happened either,,be aware, imports can be VERY expensive,.

Well, Khun Abhisit is supposed to be clamping down on corruption so maybe the customs department should be second on his list, once he's sorted out the police!

Don't hold your breath.

DM

To my way of thinking , a broken anything is usefull only for parts , could you not have declared it as such say for $10.00 ? Over the years we have imported many component assemblies that were stripped and imported into Canada in a couple of packages as 'spare parts', no customs duty

Just a thought .

To my way of thinking , a broken anything is usefull only for parts , could you not have declared it as such say for $10.00 ? Over the years we have imported many component assemblies that were stripped and imported into Canada in a couple of packages as 'spare parts', no customs duty

Just a thought .

Thanks, but importing into Canada has no resemblance to Thailand , the phone was bought on ebay by a friend for 65 pounds, we included the payment receipt, there is no doubt that they think we are trying it on and they see this as a way to suppliment their wages,:angry: Edited by imaneggspurt

Well, Khun Abhisit is supposed to be clamping down on corruption so maybe the customs department should be second on his list, once he's sorted out the police!

Don't hold your breath.

DM

What would that do for the GDP figures?

Why not make a formal complaint I know rolling on the floor laughing but if you have private bank account details and instructions this would be a prime opportunity to get the press involved and write letters print his details and make an issue of it hel_l post it on Abhisits facebook page and let him now

If abhisit is going to start cleaning things up he can start with your one

If you are telling the truth that its a broken tel and have legitimate receipts and are being honest nothing will change until everyone that has an issue liek this complains and now there is a direct route to the PM (facebook) use it as a complaint for all the Corruption

Laughable yes but if you dont do shit and just accept the fact you have lost money then Som nom Nah

I am waiting on some Grips for my motorbike paid $25 on Ebay not sure how they are being shipped but any issues like that I will do Like I have suggested.

Seems DHL and FEDEX are the main culprits complaint letters to the US franchise office how is it theres no issue with USPS ?

If you do nothing nothing changes simple as that

• Like 2

Seems DHL and FEDEX are the main culprits complaint letters to the US franchise office how is it theres no issue with USPS ?

If you do nothing nothing changes simple as that

DHL is German, but the point is well-taken.  I would write a formal complaint to the DHL head office.

As that is a 30k baht plus phone, perhaps Customs did not believe the 2k valuation?

TH

As that is a 30k baht plus phone, perhaps Customs did not believe the 2k valuation?

TH

its there in black and white, the sales receipt

Why not make a formal complaint I know rolling on the floor laughing but if you have private bank account details and instructions this would be a prime opportunity to get the press involved and write letters print his details and make an issue of it hel_l post it on Abhisits facebook page and let him now

If you are telling the truth that its a broken tel and have legitimate receipts and are being honest nothing will change until everyone that has an issue liek this complains and now there is a direct route to the PM (facebook) use it as a complaint for all the Corruption

Laughable yes but if you dont do shit and just accept the fact you have lost money then Som nom Nah

What are the chances that his complaint will come to haunt him even more later. Disgruntled customs official might want to extract some revenge ph34r.gif

What are the chances that his complaint will come to haunt him even more later. Disgruntled customs official might want to extract some revenge ph34r.gif

Yes this was my thoughts also,.

I always have anything under 5000baht posted bog standard through the post office. There is a risk it won't turn up (not happened yet in 7 times) but they have never had any import charge.

DHL and other couriers however always seem to be checked.