Land In Nong Khai Province

Diggerbasher

The reason i ask is because the market seems to have been really *ucked up by a farang who came up from Pattaya and paid five times the going rate.Cannot believe he did not check the market first.The fact that he stuck a huge model of a chicken on his gate post speaks volumes.Now every Tom,Dick and Harry wants a MILLION Baht a rai when previously lots of land traded hands at 200,000 per rai.(near Bundidnoi school).The price for the 10 rai that is filled and has a house on it went up form 2 to 10 million overnight.

I'm now talking about a little further out.

The reason i ask is because the market seems to have been really *ucked up by a farang who came up from Pattaya and paid five times the going rate.Cannot believe he did not check the market first.The fact that he stuck a huge model of a chicken on his gate post speaks volumes.Now every Tom,Dick and Harry wants a MILLION Baht a rai when previously lots of land traded hands at 200,000 per rai.(near Bundidnoi school).The price for the 10 rai that is filled and has a house on it went up form 2 to 10 million overnight.

Well welcome to the Farrang side of Issan. I have looked all over the area before being invloved in a Purchase going rate here in Udon out of own say 10KMS is 300 to 400K a ria, for land that really isn't worth 50. The trick is no different here then any where else you need a motivated seller. A friend just bought 6 Ria at 125 K three blocks from where land is selling for 300K a ria. Why the guy needed the money.

I think your going the wrong direction try down towards Si Chaing Mia. But send a Thai to get the prices you go and the prices go up. That just how it is, don't complain no one is going to listen anyway. So play the game.

If you think you have found a possible, then have the wife show it to you quietly then you can say yes or no.

By the way if they know your wife is married to a farrang the price goes up just as fast.

We saw some land not to far from Thia bo, away from the river that yuo can get for 25K a ria on a road with power. Rice land but isn't it all.

Yes we farrangs are our own worst enemy, I cringe ever time I hear some newbie going boy this so much cheaper then home. Guess what it ain't home and prices very from area to area in the states to. However, must people don't compare an acre of land in Arkansas to an acre of land in Hollywood. Why do the do it here?

The fact that he stuck a huge model of a chicken on his gate post speaks volumes.

I know where you mean,a large rooster on one gate post and a big eagle on the other about 8 km outside Phon Phisai.Know the seller and he still tells the story of how he bought the land for 300,000,filled it and sold it to a farang a short while later for 3,000,000.Chock dee.His relatives own the 10 rai up for sale nearby.No rush to sell as they have a employment agency sending chaps to Taiwan.

I would avoid that stretch anyway mate even if it was cheap as it is on a sharp outside bend of the Mekong.You don't have to have a degree in potology to realise an outside bend on a large powerful river will have heavy bank erosion and in twenty years the plot will be gone.Further up the river in Ban Had Bai they lost 100 rai of land along the riverbank.Heavy rains and water release from the Chinese dams creates havoc.

I would suggest that you survey for a plot on one of the inner bends where you may even have sediment deposits and your plot could get larger. :o

Edited by aletta