Belgian National Arrested In Pattaya On Extortion Charges

webfact

Belgian man arrested in Pattaya on extortion charges

CHON BURI:-- Immigration police here have arrested a Belgian man for having allegedly extorted money from his fellow Belgians by deceiving them that he is a police officer and advisor to the Belgian ambassador.

Pol Col Athiswis Kamolrat, commander of the Chon Buri Immigration Police, held a press conference Thursday to announce the arrest of Jacobs Marc R.

Athiswis said the immigration police were asked by the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok to help make the arrest after several Belgian tourists filed complaints with the embassy that they were extorted out of money by Marc.

Athiwis said Marc was arrested at his rented room in Bang Lamung district.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-01

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean them all up I say!

There's a few more shady characters that need to be eradicated from the area.

Pattaya was great before the farang takeover!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, most of the shady characters are Thai

Clean them all up I say!

here we go again its Pattaya's fault.

What does this mean?

"Pattaya was great before the farang takeover"

Where you around when Pattaya was great but only just noticed Thaivisa and joined last year?

Better the farang extort farangs.

Anyway, the Belgian guy probably learned how to extort by looking at his government. That's how it works in Belgium. Fraud and extortion is happening at political level every single day. And even these ministers get re-voted by it's own citizens!

Clean them all up I say!

here we go again its Pattaya's fault.

What does this mean?

"Pattaya was great before the farang takeover"

Where you around when Pattaya was great but only just noticed Thaivisa and joined last year?

I do not know if it ever was great.I was there 4 years ago and to me it was not Thailand it was a drunk and rowdy farang city 24 7. Have to pay me allot to live there.

Clean them all up I say!

You mean a great tiny fishermen's village with 6 boats?

I totally agree. How dare some Farang try to extort money from their own citizens when the Thai's have this franchise ?<br>Its somewhat deplorable. I for one realise this is home ground and should not be encroached upon. Probably now be inundated with smart ass tossers replying to my honest reply ??<br><br><br>

<br>He should have given his commission,  then he would be free to do his extorting<br>
<br><br><br>

Certain members of this forum this allows users to make comments about the corruption of politicians Belgians.

i suggest they reflect and deepen their knowledge of Belgium before speaking.

UPDATE

Chonburi Immigration arrest Former Police Officer from Belgium here in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday Afternoon at the Chonburi Immigration Office in Jomtien, Police Colonel Atisawit, the Superintendant of the Station announced the arrest of a former Police Officer from Belgium who had been impersonating a Belgium Embassy Official and had attempted to extort money from his fellow countrymen. Mr. Marc Raymond Jacobs aged 50 was arrested at the Malee House Apartments located off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya. An urgent communication from the Belgium Embassy was received by Immigration who placed Mr. Jacobs on the Immigration Black List. When he was caught, he denied allegations of extortion and impersonating a foreign government official, despite evidence of a counterfeit Diplomatic Card in his possession. Mr. Jacobs will be handed over to Belgium Embassy officials and is expected to be deported to face charges in Belgium.

More HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-07-01

Clean them all up I say!

Well you really really don't know what your on about........ As for Farang taking over, the 2 most important people in Thailand at the moment were'nt born in Thailand.

Crime is everywhere i'm afraid from the very top of society to the very bottom, in ALL countries.

Sit back and think,

I have travelled many many places for 30 years to every continent and socialized with people who earn B10 per day and people who earn B100,000 per day...

Its not the Farangs... its Humans.. believe me, i know.

Clean them all up I say!

You mean a great tiny fishermen's village with 6 boats?

Exactly!

Boats are still there Khun Pui, just more people, pity but those were the days....

need to go much deeper South for something similar.

Cheers

Here we go again: Thai good, Farang bad.

To my knowledge (maybe I am wrong) 99 % of bar girls and lady boys in Pattaya are Thai. Or maybe I am wrong and the majority of those 30,000 bar girls are from Belgium.

If all Farangs were to leave Pattaya I assure you that the town would collapse because the city needs the Farangs. Without Farangs there would be no taxis, restaurants, bars, massage parlors or so many BIB with hands outstretch to get Tea Money for assorted looking-the-other-way instances.

I think that it's time for you to go down Walking Street and wake up to reality and not be xenophobic. Without tourists or ex-pats Thailand, not only Pattaya, would have to downsize services to the tune of 6 to 10% of the country's GDP. Rethink your emotions and get a grip on yourself.

Clean them all up I say!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone was forced to live in Pattaya. Everyone has their own reasons for living there and it's nobody else's business . If you don't like it - don't go there - simple. You don't need to slag it off at every opportunity.

As Pattaya has probably the greatest concentration of farangs than any other city in Thailand - the odds are that it will have the greatest number of 'incidents' involving farangs - that is hardly an excuse to critisise everyone else who lives there, as if it were a disgusting place. Some people may think so - fine, we may not like where you choose to live but don't look for every opportunity to tell you what a horrible place it is.

<br>I don't think anyone was forced to live in Pattaya. Everyone has their own reasons for living there and it's nobody else's business . If you don't like it - don't go there - simple. You don't need to slag it off at every opportunity.<br><br>As Pattaya has probably the greatest concentration of farangs than any other city in Thailand - the odds are that it will have the greatest number of 'incidents' involving farangs - that is hardly an excuse to critisise everyone else who lives there, as if it were a disgusting place. Some people may think so - fine, we may not like where you choose to live but don't look for every opportunity to tell you what a horrible place it is.<br>
<br><br>I agree with you that the number of incidents can expected to be higher when it involves foreigners. But I am pretty sure that if you look at the number of incidents per 1000 visitors or so that it will baffle you how far they are off from the average. It is of course no coincidence that Interpol has opened a office in Pattaya. It is of course more likely that a big time criminal goes to Pattaya than he will go to let;s say Udon Thani of Si-Sa-Ket. He or she will find already big foreign networks that are in place, there is lots of fun that attracts the wrong people. But surely not everybody living in Pattaya or surrounding areas are criminals. Still the odds that you will find more big time criminals and desperate people who fell in love with an entertainer and lost everything are far higher in Pattaya than even in Bangkok.

I'm happy the Belgian stole from his own.

It seems to be usual for these faranges to steal from their own countrymen......not so strange if you think about it.

I need to avoid Brits esp Welshmen.

Great to see that one racist’s calling others a racist.

Time to understand that there’s only ONE world, can’t understand people like you making others bad…….

There’s good and bad people in all nationalities. FULL STOP

I'm happy the Belgian stole from his own.

It seems to be usual for these faranges to steal from their own countrymen......not so strange if you think about it.

I need to avoid Brits esp Welshmen.

Great to see that one racist's calling others a racist.

Time to understand that there's only ONE world, can't understand people like you making others bad…….

There's good and bad people in all nationalities. FULL STOP

True story it's not where one came from, it's not where one is at, it's where we are coming from inside, that matters, we are all in this neighborhood together, one random act of kindness at a time can do wonders for our inner-wealth and others.

• Like 1

Certain members of this forum this allows users to make comments about the corruption of politicians Belgians.

i suggest they reflect and deepen their knowledge of Belgium before speaking.

Couldn't agree more