Belgian National Arrested In Pattaya On Extortion Charges

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 1 question; what were the Belgian nationals doing to make them susceptible to extortion demands by a supposed Belgian consular official?

i suppose they are deporting him as the case would be easier and cheaper to try in Belgium where I assume that most of the witnesses live.

Here we go again: Thai good, Farang bad.

To my knowledge (maybe I am wrong) 99 % of bar girls and lady boys in Pattaya are Thai. Or maybe I am wrong and the majority of those 30,000 bar girls are from Belgium.

If all Farangs were to leave Pattaya I assure you that the town would collapse because the city needs the Farangs. Without Farangs there would be no taxis, restaurants, bars, massage parlors or so many BIB with hands outstretch to get Tea Money for assorted looking-the-other-way instances.

I think that it's time for you to go down Walking Street and wake up to reality and not be xenophobic. Without tourists or ex-pats Thailand, not only Pattaya, would have to downsize services to the tune of 6 to 10% of the country's GDP. Rethink your emotions and get a grip on yourself.

Clean them all up I say!

There's a few more shady characters that need to be eradicated from the area.

Pattaya was great before the farang takeover!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying without Tourists the GDP would drop down to 6 to 10% of what it is now??

Clean them all up I say!

20-30 years ago?

Just as an aside. I was on Pattaya beach the day the first hotel, a three story affair, was opened in December 1970. Just a handful of people gathered on a windy day in front of the building for a ribbon cutting ceremony, some phooyai I'd guess now -- and me and the wife and the kid watching from nearby. And yes, it was a great place then. A wide sandy beach fringed by trees at the end of a village road and hardly a soul - or another building - in sight.

Hi thee, I'm belgian (not to say that i am proud of my country's politics), but you gotta get your facts straight.

YES, politicians are all corrupt here. The gouvernment always gets the little guys (low and mid-class sort to say) and the rich and powerful can get away with everything. But it's not the citizens that choose for this. We all voted again just a couple of weeks ago and the standard parties got the scare of their existence. This time there's a new party, we can only hoipe for the best.

In the past there has been an evolution towards the right, but the other parties joined together so that they oevrruled the one chozen by most people. They even have a word for that : cordon sanitaire.

In other words : no such thing as democracy in Belgium !!

So don't blame the citizens, ... :jap:

Better the farang extort farangs.

Anyway, the Belgian guy probably learned how to extort by looking at his government. That's how it works in Belgium. Fraud and extortion is happening at political level every single day. And even these ministers get re-voted by it's own citizens!

Why is this a matter for the Immigration Police?

Had he overstayed his visa???????

Could it be that they can't trust the regular Pattaya to do a competent job????? I just heard but can't confirm that the 'naval police' in Sattahip are making the drug busts nowdays since the local police were being paid to protect the drug dealers, thereby tipping them off before imminent raids and the 'busts' would turn up nothing. I'm not sure that that is factual, but I for one can certainly believe it. Undoubtedly the same may be true in Pattaya.

Clean them all up I say!

Farang takeover? Pattaya was founded be farangs. If there were no farangs there would be no Pattaya.:wacko::crazy:

Certain members of this forum this allows users to make comments about the corruption of politicians Belgians.

i suggest they reflect and deepen their knowledge of Belgium before speaking.

Looking to your alias are you maybe related to some politicians in belgium. And do you really are that ignorant not knowing that corruption is very common and wide spread amongst belgian politicians even judges are accused of corruption and extortion, not yet to mention the corruption cases in the belgian army. Its even spread in the Royal family. Even political murder occurred in the Southern part of the country, and they did not try very hard to find the real puppet masters. Or do you like I give you a list with names.

BTW Mr.Marc Jacobs was already a very shady figure in belgium before he left for Thailand. I know him from belgium.

Edited by henryalleman

<BR>
<BR>. Mr. Jacobs will be handed over to Belgium Embassy officials and is expected to be deported to face charges in Belgium.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>I'd like to know how he can face charges in Belgium for crimes which were committed in LoS:ermm: .<BR>
<BR><BR>Answer - He suppsedly impersonated a Belgian Gov't official.<BR>

I'm happy the Belgian stole from his own.

It seems to be usual for these faranges to steal from their own countrymen......not so strange if you think about it.

I need to avoid Brits esp Welshmen.

Great to see that one racist's calling others a racist.

Time to understand that there's only ONE world, can't understand people like you making others bad…….

There's good and bad people in all nationalities. FULL STOP

True story it's not where one came from, it's not where one is at, it's where we are coming from inside, that matters, we are all in this neighborhood together, one random act of kindness at a time can do wonders for our inner-wealth and others.

As a Belgian myself, I am sorry to say I have been cheated by a Belgian “business man” too.

A Swiss, who lives in Pattaya for many years, once told me: “You should distrust most of all your fellow countrymen, not Thai people.”

So true.

Clean them all up I say!

20-30 years ago?

Just as an aside. I was on Pattaya beach the day the first hotel, a three story affair, was opened in December 1970. Just a handful of people gathered on a windy day in front of the building for a ribbon cutting ceremony, some phooyai I'd guess now -- and me and the wife and the kid watching from nearby. And yes, it was a great place then. A wide sandy beach fringed by trees at the end of a village road and hardly a soul - or another building - in sight.

That is exactly what happened to Ibiza.

I have been there in 1973 and 1976 and back again in 2000.

I did not recognize it.

I expect he forgot to obtain the correct visa needed to conduct illegal activites. Work of any kind is not covered under anything apart from a non-B, even illegal work. :-)

pattaya was GrEaT exactly 10 years seven months three days and 24 minutes ago .

now it's the place where all the refuse from europe floats to .

i mean have u seen the tatooed , shaven headed , beer chang tank topped hooligans who hang there ?

please don't try to defend the place ; ain't gonna' work

Go to look at Immigration Police in Pattaya-Jomtien, Soi 5.

Most farangs who go there to notify their stay, etc. do not match your picture.

Probably his passport was cancelled and this was communicated to Immigration Police by the Belgian Consulate.

He must be Flemish and he ripped off Guys from Wallonia(French talkers)The same country,but they don't like each other.sad.gif

yes it`s a flemish guy if you look ID card he was born in vilvoorde it`s a flemish but he have belgian passport

<br>indeed... in belgium you are stolen by the governemt... solidarity it is called and makes you work for the tax government for the FIRST 9 MONTHS of the year, after that, you get 3 months for yourself, taxed at 21% vat ...<br><br>yesterday a german/austrian pedofile<br><br>today a belgian extortionist...<br><br><br>and i tought belgians where best known in the world for their : chocolates and pedofiles<br>
<br><br><br>

<div><br></div><div>well,  I don't feel we are singled out ( america)   same stuff here when  we add up all we are taxed</div>

Working without a work permit.

No. That is the Labour Dept's job, not immigration.

Clean them all up I say!

Look....what can we really expect due to Thailands International reputation and especially recent events? Pattaya is not so much the problem, but the image of Thailand as a whole. I doubt many respectable families will want to come here on holiday here now. 

You are wrong to point the finger at all the Ferangs as the problem, Pattaya as a holiday destination would not exist if not for foreign money. And still the vast majority don't do anything illegal. There are lots of really good law abiding guys here, but they don't make the news.

Sorry, off topic a bit, delete my coment it if you feel necessary.

Clean them all up I say!

here we go again its Pattaya's fault.

What does this mean?

"Pattaya was great before the farang takeover"

Where you around when Pattaya was great but only just noticed Thaivisa and joined last year?

I do not know if it ever was great.I was there 4 years ago and to me it was not Thailand it was a drunk and rowdy farang city 24 7. Have to pay me allot to live there.

Just what in the heck are you doing here then

I agree with U, pisico BUT don't U think that Pattaya doesn't need this BAD type of tourist. One should respect the local feeling and sensitivities. If it's done by the locals, people can understand..! Tourist should respect the locals where ever the go. How and what do U feels when your guest' started to play soccer in your living hall. Maybe U don't mind if it's your own kid doing it. We are not in the 16 hundred, where the Spanish started to look for the new world. When the colonial started claiming certain territory are thiers. The British claims this, the Portugese claims that, the Dutch claims this and that, the German claims this, that and many more. This had been going on and on until this very day...and believe me those farang still have interest to colonialise the Thais indirectly. To all BAD farangs out there...we doesn't need U all for us to make a living. We can be on our own, even if we have to leave on trees and eat anything we can grow. As long we are happy without those BAD farangs terrorizing our harmonious community.

Here we go again: Thai good, Farang bad.

To my knowledge (maybe I am wrong) 99 % of bar girls and lady boys in Pattaya are Thai. Or maybe I am wrong and the majority of those 30,000 bar girls are from Belgium.

If all Farangs were to leave Pattaya I assure you that the town would collapse because the city needs the Farangs. Without Farangs there would be no taxis, restaurants, bars, massage parlors or so many BIB with hands outstretch to get Tea Money for assorted looking-the-other-way instances.

I think that it's time for you to go down Walking Street and wake up to reality and not be xenophobic. Without tourists or ex-pats Thailand, not only Pattaya, would have to downsize services to the tune of 6 to 10% of the country's GDP. Rethink your emotions and get a grip on yourself.

Clean them all up I say!

<br>I don't think anyone was forced to live in Pattaya. Everyone has their own reasons for living there and it's nobody else's business . If you don't like it - don't go there - simple. You don't need to slag it off at every opportunity.<br><br>As Pattaya has probably the greatest concentration of farangs than any other city in Thailand - the odds are that it will have the greatest number of 'incidents' involving farangs - that is hardly an excuse to critisise everyone else who lives there, as if it were a disgusting place. Some people may think so - fine, we may not like where you choose to live but don't look for every opportunity to tell you what a horrible place it is.<br>
<br><br>I agree with you that the number of incidents can expected to be higher when it involves foreigners. But I am pretty sure that if you look at the number of incidents per 1000 visitors or so that it will baffle you how far they are off from the average. It is of course no coincidence that Interpol has opened a office in Pattaya. It is of course more likely that a big time criminal goes to Pattaya than he will go to let;s say Udon Thani of Si-Sa-Ket. He or she will find already big foreign networks that are in place, there is lots of fun that attracts the wrong people. But surely not everybody living in Pattaya or surrounding areas are criminals. Still the odds that you will find more big time criminals and desperate people who fell in love with an entertainer and lost everything are far higher in Pattaya than even in Bangkok.

Like all good citizens of the world there are those who (they are the majority) like to scam people. Happens every minute, every hour and every day of the year. Pattaya is probably better than most places. What farang takeover???????????

Hi thee, I'm belgian (not to say that i am proud of my country's politics), but you gotta get your facts straight.

YES, politicians are all corrupt here. The gouvernment always gets the little guys (low and mid-class sort to say) and the rich and powerful can get away with everything. But it's not the citizens that choose for this. We all voted again just a couple of weeks ago and the standard parties got the scare of their existence. This time there's a new party, we can only hoipe for the best.

In the past there has been an evolution towards the right, but the other parties joined together so that they oevrruled the one chozen by most people. They even have a word for that : cordon sanitaire.

In other words : no such thing as democracy in Belgium !!

So don't blame the citizens, ... :jap:

Better the farang extort farangs.

Anyway, the Belgian guy probably learned how to extort by looking at his government. That's how it works in Belgium. Fraud and extortion is happening at political level every single day. And even these ministers get re-voted by it's own citizens!

No democracy in Belgium? When 70% of the parties choose not to govern with a racist party that obtains 30% at some cities, it is still democracy since it is the will of the majority. The Belgian political system is extremely complicated, but that does not mean there is no democracy or that they are all corrupt.. Inform yourself, don't let other people do the thinking for you

I totally agree. How dare some Farang try to extort money from their own citizens when the Thai's have this franchise ?<br>Its somewhat deplorable. I for one realise this is home ground and should not be encroached upon. Probably now be inundated with smart ass tossers replying to my honest reply ??<br><br><br>

<br>He should have given his commission,  then he would be free to do his extorting<br>
<br><br><br>

Yep, probably didn't have a work permit either, the cheek of the man...... :annoyed::whistling: