Help This Man Find His True Love

It doesn't have be a bar girls as a lot of them post themselves on Thailovelink dating agency. Over the past three years I have heard so many stories I even posted warning some of you guy still you think you are untouchable. They might look so innocent to you but when it comes to your money they are the smart and could outwit you any time.

OMMMMG..this thread is still going

Really, what gets me is that you read about these guys (older ones i presume) who are experienced in the ways of life..probably ran successful businesses back home, negociated wages with workers and other such various dealings, brought property ect ect..

one would assume have dealt with many things life has thown at you...

AND THEN...you fall prey to a little brown pirahna that chews up the entire contents of your bank account in 2 seconds flat...:blink:

and a country bumpkin one from the backwaters at that :ermm:

unbelievable :lol:

Edited by ozzieovaseas

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have be a bar girls as a lot of them post themselves on Thailovelink dating agency. Over the past three years I have heard so many stories I even posted warning some of you guy still you think you are untouchable. They might look so innocent to you but when it comes to your money they are the smart and could outwit you any time.

Really, what gets me is that you read about these guys (older ones i presume) who are experienced in the ways of life..probably ran successful businesses back home, negociated wages with workers and other such various dealings, brought property ect ect..

AND THEN...you fall prey to a little brown pirahna that chews up the entire contents of your bank account in 2 seconds flat...:blink:

Unfortunately "romance scams" are on the up for everyone in every country regardless of race, sexuality or creed.

Fraud victim: 'I have been humiliated enormously'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10591153.stm

So if this is for real (the vid) or a piss take (it makes no difference) so be careful all of you and stop attacking/defending people whom you do not know.

Romance scams happen to anyone

LOL! Nice! Just take a bulldozer to the place... It will fix everything!

I know someone who did it for real. House flattened to the ground. Bad surprise for the lady!

It didn't bring him back his money of course. But he was definitely feeling much better after that :)

Most likely he would have been arrested, because the house is not his, its her's........plain & simple.

No he wouldn't, if it's his property but her land he can do what he likes with it.

The family might try and stop it but that's another story.

The moral of the story is:

Act like an asian, not like the dumb knight who doesn't even suspect there's a trap waiting around the corner but blindly charges around expecting his woman to be waiting with open arms...

Unfortunately "romance scams" are on the up for everyone in every country regardless of race, sexuality or creed.

Fraud victim: 'I have been humiliated enormously'

http://news.bbc.co.u...uk/10591153.stm

So if this is for real (the vid) or a piss take (it makes no difference) so be careful all of you and stop attacking/defending people whom you do not know.

Romance scams happen to anyone

You must be joking?...surely??

You can't compare so called "romance scams" from people of the same country/culture to what goes on here in Thailand.

Half the time the guy is not even able to communicate effectively with these Thai girls and because they know zilch about the culture they swallow up the dowry/sinsod story hook line and sinker and then find themselves falling deeper into the crap day by day.

Its one thing to fall victim to a deceptive rouge of the same nationality, but to dive blindly into a place like Thailand, marry and throw money at a girl you've known for under a month is pure craziness...especially when places like Thaivisa are plastered with horror stories..

Quite clearly sir you have not read the article

Divorcée Brenda, 60, English.

Dutch businessman Bradford Cole said he was 46, with a 14-year-old daughter. His wife had died a few years before.

Also can you point me in the direction of these horror stories on Thaivisa as I believe them to be deleted due to political correctness or should I say Thailand propaganda bull.

• 3 weeks later...

OK most here know that his first dam_n mistake was to meet her at the bar. Great for a bj or a screw  :rolleyes: but for a wife. OK that is all I need say, correct me if I am wrong? But I am not! :jap:

har har har. Why are people still trying to marry prostitutes when they're hordes of nice girls all over. That Thai script looked pretty messed up also but I wonder how someone so dedicated wouldn't  know any better.  He could find anyone better anywhere.

Mr. Biguss,thanks for the film clip,lovely well done,you should sell it to every thai embassy/consulate they could hand it free to all prospective travellers to LOS.

A  "lady from Isaan" is a real honey,and there lies the first problem,she doesn't look,talk,like the girls back home and such a sweet mouth too,and oh so good between the sheets,enough to blow you away.

If your old,divorced,lots of spare cash from selling up after a divorce back home(that is if you were n't taken to the cleaners by western ex wife)and sexless for years back home,its all a lethal cocktail that will help open the ATM for you,and sometimes because of your older age you look at your new "honey" and get confused,sometimes she's your lover and sometimes your feelings for her  are like a father to a daughter.

Well said - i agree. I had a gf (Jeab) in Udon several years ago and after spending 4 days with her and her family, i wanted to take her somewhere alone. She said "no, cannot. Must marry first, then go anywhere." I thought, "hmmmm, she is conservative and wants to avoid shame on her family. How much could it cost to marry her? $500?" She agreed that it would not be official, just a party with the monks, then a reception. Then she mentioned the "wedding portion" The dowry! She wanted B300K ($5000). She explained that this is Thai tradition. I said NO and that was the end of the relationship. Some of my American buddies called my a "cheap Charlie" for refusing to go along. One said he paid US$12K and she is worth every penny. I still think i made the right decision. I even offered to pay them the money at a rate of $500 per year AFTER each successful (happy) year of marriage. The refused.

dam_n I bet I am older than you but I could see near the start of your story that this was BS. Do not ever go back to this one. ....Learn!   B)

Mr. Biguss,thanks for the film clip,lovely well done,you should sell it to every thai embassy/consulate they could hand it free to all prospective travellers to LOS.

A  "lady from Isaan" is a real honey,and there lies the first problem,she doesn't look,talk,like the girls back home and such a sweet mouth too,and oh so good between the sheets,enough to blow you away.

If your old,divorced,lots of spare cash from selling up after a divorce back home(that is if you were n't taken to the cleaners by western ex wife)and sexless for years back home,its all a lethal cocktail that will help open the ATM for you,and sometimes because of your older age you look at your new "honey" and get confused,sometimes she's your lover and sometimes your feelings for her  are like a father to a daughter.

Well said - i agree. I had a gf (Jeab) in Udon several years ago and after spending 4 days with her and her family, i wanted to take her somewhere alone. She said "no, cannot. Must marry first, then go anywhere." I thought, "hmmmm, she is conservative and wants to avoid shame on her family. How much could it cost to marry her? $500?" She agreed that it would not be official, just a party with the monks, then a reception. Then she mentioned the "wedding portion" The dowry! She wanted B300K ($5000). She explained that this is Thai tradition. I said NO and that was the end of the relationship. Some of my American buddies called my a "cheap Charlie" for refusing to go along. One said he paid US$12K and she is worth every penny. I still think i made the right decision. I even offered to pay them the money at a rate of $500 per year AFTER each successful (happy) year of marriage. The refused.

My comment. You have blinded in love. You do not know what

is the real love and live. I feel sorry about you. Please do not lookdown all

Thai ladies are the same. Please opened your eyes to see the real world. And

let's it be. I know it is hard to do but only one way that solve this problem. I do

not believe this lady will return to you. If she returns she is not suit to be

your life partner. Answer by Thai lady

they are the same? Are you living on another planet? They are absolutely not the same. You compare a bar whore to a decent lady who works, has a nice family and goes to church maybe, the same. What are you on? Yaba! :o

Well regardless of what you all say sometimes it does work. I met my wife at a bar, she was 18 years old and I was 25. She had just started work a few months before and had been with many men, but we hit it off and fell in love. I am now 34 and my wife is 27. We are still together and happy, we rebuilt the family home just like this guy, quite similar too, but for only around 650,000 baht. My wife has never tried to get money out of me for any reason, even in the begining. I live and work here and my wife has just recently went back to school to get and education so that she can find a real job. She works part time as a hairdresser and uses her own money for shopping. Of course I pay the bills because I make more money, but that's it. I never paid a dowery to her family to marry her, other than rebuiding the house. That I did for my own comfort when we visit and one day will retire to it. After almost 10 years we are very happy together and even still hold hands while walking in the market. <BR>       So for all of you who think getting a lady from the bar is bad news, think again and learn the language. Most of them just want security and a future. But if you let one screw you out of 6 million baht it's most likely your own fault for not making her feel like you would be there. In other words if you want the girl, move to Thailand, do not carry on an overseas relationship that is only asking for trouble

I got over 35 years of Thai Experiences and you are just dam_n lucky and good for you sir.

They should show this one on the plane over.

There is a bit of a scam mentality right throughout Thailand's feminine population. I don't mean that all Thai women will scam & steal - but there are an awful lot of non-bargirls who will.

And most bargirls will, needless to say.

But maximise your chances:

Firstly, what is someone who wants real love doing in Pattaya - the tomb of love & commitment, the ugliest place (on every level) in Thailand, if not God's Earth?

Secondly, avoid bargirls (as marital partners): If something happens to farangs on the plane, something happens to a girl after one day in a bar. The "grass is greener" syndrome takes root. No matter how nice or how committed the guy, part of them will always think, "The next one might be better". In a bar, some fundamental emotional rewiring takes place.

Thirdly, there are many good girls in Thailand. Usually they have reasonable jobs & stable families. Find one of those. But...

Fourth: Get smart & do some checking. Check her InBox while she's asleep; send her texts from an 'admirer' on a separate SIM & see if she responds; ask someone to follow her to work or on that visit to see her sister - & see where she really goes. Develop a phoney IM/Skype/dating website account, & make overtures to her. This is not the kind of thing that ever crossed my mind in the West. I have learned to do it in SE Asia & have got results on several occasions.

For the greater part, i think you have a good game plan there mate, especially the part about non-bargirls even trying to lay it on pretty thick.

At some stage you have just got to accept facts: as far as a thai girl is concerned, farang=money, therefor farang=take care..(take care being the polite term)

why else?...our good looks and charm..:rolleyes:  

Its just a matter of how much they think they can push you as to how much you will eventually be taken advantage of.

The average Thai somchai on the street probably doest have the money/means to feed these girls greed AND in any case, they know better. The more you give the more they will want..the more kindness you show,the more they will throw it on the street and stomp on it.

Even the thai guys who do have the means would probably prefer to go to the local fishtank joint with a few mates every friday afternoon instead, and blow a lazy thousand on choosing the latest flavour...and this includes married thai guys to of course...

Maybe us farang are best doing the same...financially and emotionally...especially if you are gullible and wear your heart on your sleeve. I wont be so arrogant as to say i was never those two things to an extent ,but luckily it only cost me small change...now ive learnt better!

As for the above posters 4th suggestion, it might sound good in theory, but when the penny has finally dropped,does it really matter?? Sounds like a lot of work for no gain. And if you did strike it lucky and happened to find a decent, honest one, and she found you trying to catch her out with such antics, you run the risk of loosing what could have been a 1 in a million girl..im sure they do exist..i have mates who have 'em, but they are just so !#$%^&*  hard to find.  

The rules of the game need be simple... the only way to win IMO is face facts:

Thai female: Will try to get as much benefit as she can for herself, in the least possible amount of time, with least amount of effort and having to compromise herself.

Farang: Simply try to get as much of whatever it is you want..by spending as least as possible while minimizing both the risk of mental and financial breakdown as much as possible.

I suggest sticking to this plan in kind, as per being treated the same  way YOU are probably being treated..be ruthless at all times while hiding it all behind a nice big genuine smile

like these  :P       :)       :D :D

think you are correct and spare nothing on your point. I too am dam_n lucky I was down and out with what I had. Which was a bar girl who did not know how to love or care for me. I reached the end, left her and thought ok thats it for me. Then out shopping at Carefour I met my love, just said hello. I have never been so happy in my life, never had anyone love me better or take care of me all the time. I am one lucky man. :rolleyes:  

In case it hasn't dawned on you...you've been scammed.  They are all sitting around laughing at the stupid  Farang.  

If it makes you feel any better you are not the only one and most definitely won't be the last.

I don't think this story is at all funny, whether true or not, it's very sad. Yes, I have heard it all before, many, many times, in the many, many years I have been here, and it will never be funny.

From my experience it matters little where the girl is from, bar girl or no bar girl, the problem is this sick culture where only money matters. 

I would be out of here if I was rather younger, too late for me now. I would advise any Ferang to just come here for a good &lt;deleted&gt; when they feel the need and go back home. We don't belong here, we are too emotional, perhaps we have all seen too many Hollywood movies. 

But I think it's our upbringing, born to loving parents, not like that here, children seem to be merely an asset to provide for them in later life. I have never seen much evidence of real love here, in fact I would say we love our dogs more than these people love their children!

The cycle continues, as it's a well known fact that people who abuse their own children were themselves abused as a child.

Do I see the whole culture too negatively?  I welcome evidence that I am wrong.

Most of what you say is correct although environment is very important too.

• 3 weeks later...

so what you are saying, she ia available? :whistling:

This needs to be put out there more. Common scam. Men need education particular straight after a messy divorce or split from long time partner. This is when men are most gullable....love you long time :giggle: Pleas help my sick daughter, brother, mum, father, village idiot.

A lot of newbie's around....

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that some people think this video is for real! The most telling point for me was when he said "I don't know who this room is for, as Noi can't use a computer", and then we get a picture of an amazing computer set-up. Either the poster is as thick as two short planks, or he's having a laugh! I'm sure it's the latter.

I can't believe that some people think this video is for real! The most telling point for me was when he said "I don't know who this room is for, as Noi can't use a computer", and then we get a picture of an amazing computer set-up. Either the poster is as thick as two short planks, or he's having a laugh! I'm sure it's the latter.

He knows now. Video is for real.

Solution to this very old problem is called a mortgage. F'lang cannot own land, but can be mortgagee with right of abode. Land / house cannot be sold unless mortgage is paid off.

Tell her you can get the money, but must get mortgage as you need to borrow from O/S bank & bank requires. See a lawyer.

P.S. Noi still has her love.

It's called money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

That wasn't really news. She has nice sunglasses

I would be happy to see a story of where it did not go wrong (ONE only!!!)

Actually i did'nt think much of the shades. Tht aside, i question whether the OP should be allowed to travl outside his home country purely for his own well being and security. He seems rather naive

I believe that the guy is as thick as 200 planks and that this video is for real. As a matter of fact it gave the girlfriend and I a few laughs seeing his true devoted love showing off all her wares like in a window and posing as if she is up for sale to the highest bidder, in which she probably is.

I have known several guys just like him, the long suffering and the emotionally abused.

As they are now a married couple the happy groom has the option of taking out a criminal case against his wife and a civil case for desertion and scamming him.

But if the guy is reluctant to do this because he still has feelings for her, then all he can do is suffer in silence because no one is going to care.

As the wise man says; actions speak louder than words.

Serious or not, that was well done.

One thing that I will never understand is why men will accept an uneducated (most don't make it past the 8th grade) prostitute as a wife in this country, but would never entertain the idea for a second in their home country.

Answer: Good sex

Pros in home country not much fun!

hey are the same? Are you living on another planet? They are absolutely not the same. You compare a bar whore to a decent lady who works, has a nice family and goes to church maybe, the same. What are you on? Yaba! :o

I go with friend for his divorce last week

Very pretty decent wife, nice family, good job, devout Christian, but not want sex and want much money.

Edited by OlafStapleton