Kasikorn Bank - Problems Purchasing Online

KIWIBATCH

Can any member offer help/assistance on this matter.

I have an exisiting Kasikorn Bank Savings a/c...linked to this is my KB Bank Shopping Card.....I have been attempting to purchase two items..

1. A 3 month subscription to SKYPE for their international telephone calling plan and...

2. (Shame on me)....Australian Lottery Tickets (have been attempting to bank some funds into my a/c with them with which to purchase the lottery tickets)

Both amounts combined equal 80 USD.

The process via the 2 companies proceeds well...part way through the transaction a KB link correctly interjects and asks for my KB Card verification number, security number, card number etc...once entered and submitted the original companies (Skype/OZ Lottery) website "confirms" the purchase (subject to their own in house verification)...what happens shortly thereafter is an email from both Skype/Oz Lottery advising me that my purchases have been "declined" by the issuing bank KB.

I have telephoned the KB service line......and explained what is happening.....not one service person has provided a "fix" for me.

In respect of the OZ Lottery purchase $40 am I being caught up in the holier than thou attitude by the Thai authorities and their recently employed 3000 "internet scouts" to stop IT gambling (as a whole)....if so so be it...but it doesnt explain the SKYPE non-purchase situation.

The KB Shopping card is as good as a credit card...with the only thing being you cannot obtain cash with it.

I have used the KB card on numerous occassions to purchase airline tickets....both for domestic flights within Thailand and international flights using an overseas based airline (and through the airlines overseas based web centre)

Any "fixes" appreciated

Edited by KIWIBATCH

Thanks...no the money did not come off the card....I am reluctant to apply for a new card as it was one hel_l of a mission getting the first one issued....unfortunately the KB bank staff were in a very unhelpful mood every time I visited the local branch...and no....I absolutely did not do any "farang style" ranting and raving but kept a pleasant demeanour throughout the whole process....making that thai gut uttering sound of "ooooooohhhhh" every time they went into great depths of explanation....which seems to get them on your side

Did the money come off your card?

I would try again tomorrow by which time there may not be an issue, if there is still and issue, try canceling the webcard and then apply for a new one which will have a diff number and may work..

...and.....this has been going on for a week....trying to buy SKYPE/OZ Lotto credit....each time declined....plenty of dosh in my a/c....bought 6K worth of airasia tickets 4 hours agoo...no problems....just a thought......will the card only work if the KB bank themselves have the "supplier" entered in their system...in this case Skype and OZL..???.....again reluctant to ring the service centre....sadly not much use too me in this case

Did the money come off your card?

I would try again tomorrow by which time there may not be an issue, if there is still and issue, try canceling the webcard and then apply for a new one which will have a diff number and may work..

lol.. Mine got kicked back on AirAsia not so long ago, but works again now. I guess it's luck of the draw.

You'll probably waste more time trying to get it fixed than you would looking for alternative methods of payment. Mine is also linked to PayPal which I've never had a problem with, I think skype offer PayPal, not sure about Oz Lotto.