A Chicken Bone Stuck In The Throat, What To Do?

aehn

I just got a chicken bone stuck in my throat from a meal of noodles and chicken, any one have any good tips on how to possible remove this annoying thing? Or should i just let it sit there and hope it will disappear later?

I tried to swallow water and eat some noodles but it did not work.

Get it out asap or it could swell up and you wouldn't want that. This happened to my dad and his throat closed up a bit making it hard to breathe.

dam_n, that does not sound nice, i was just thinking about ignoring it until tomorrow as I just had a drink of a nice Whisky. Maybe I should then also be careful with not falling asleep too drunk, cause I might not wake up if the throat gets too swollen.

I will go and get some bread, and try to get rid of the bone, if that does not help, any other suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Edited by aehn

As i posted earlier a quick trip to the dentist will solve your problem.

A few months ago I had a fish bone stuck in my throat. Within a minute of sitting in the chair he had it out.

They're used to seeing patients with this problem and the cost was minimal.

If it was a problem you wouldn't be writing this as you would be dead!!!!

As my nan also used to say, eat bread!

Go to see a doctor if is is annoying you that much. simple

A few years ago, as I was eating fish in a restaurant in Pattaya Tai...two small bones from the fish's backbnoe lodged in my throat.( Not the usual long rib cage bones.)

42,000 baht later--and 24 hours in hospital--they were out.

Pricey though it was, I gladly paid. It was a truely awful feelig, since my body kept trying CONSTANTLY to dislodge the buggars.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital have a very competent throat guy, who did a good job on me.