Apply For Retirement Visa In Singapore

I'm going to Singapore in about 10 days and thought I would apply for a new retirement visa. My original Retirement visa expired in April :o , and I currently am in Thailand on a 30 day entry stamp.

I'm planning to take the following documents:

1. Application form T.M.7

2. Passport and copies of picture page and current entry stamp

3. 2 photos (4 x 6 cm)

4. Letter from embassy stating I want to retire in Thailand certifying my pension income exceeds 65,000 baht monthly.

5. 2 copies of a current medical certificate.

Questions:

A. Is it ok to get the embassy letter certifying my pension income, and medical certificate from the USA embassy in Bangkok, or do I have to get these documents in Singapore?

B. If I apply for the visa on a Monday, is is reasonable to expect to receive it by Wednesday?

Not sure if it's worth doing now as I'll be traveling back to the USA in mid-August, but thought I might try as long as I am going to be there.

Appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

What exactly are you trying to obtain? There is no such thing as a retirement visa but there is a long stay visa for the purpose of retirement and that comes in two flavors.

One you obtain in your country of residence and is called an O/A type visa and provides you a one year entry stamp on arrival. For that you need medical/police report/proof of financial means. You not are not likely to obtain that in Singapore.

Flavor two is a normal non immigrant O visa that will allow a stay of 90 days and after 60 days you can apply for yearly extensions with medical and financial means. That you may be able to obtain but if you have to leave in mid August you will need to obtain a re entry permit and be back before the 90 days are up in order to apply for extension of stay. But if you just let such a visa lapse without the extension of stay I suspect Singapore is unlikely to be responsive to another issue; but you can try.

If they issue you a single entry non O it should be ready in your time frame.

I am a USA citizen wanting to apply for a non immigrant O-A visa allowing a one year entry stamp based on retirement in Thailand. My basic travel plans are:

July 10 - Fly to Singapore

July 13 - Return to Thailand from Singapore

August 12 - Fly to the USA

Around September 25 - Return to Thailand from the USA.

Immigration officials at Suan Phlu recently told me I could apply for a non immigrant O-A visa allowing a one year entry stamp based on retirement at any Thai embassy outside Thailand. However, these same officials have a solid track record of giving me conflicting, and incorrect, information. I seem to get more accurate info on this board.

Sounds as though my options are to (1) request a 60 day tourist visa or (2) apply for a non-imm O visa allowing a stay of 60 days.

A non immigrant visa would allow a 90 day stay. Consulates are under the MFA and the MFA web site clearly says you must apply in your country of residence for an O/A visa.

I. QUALIFICATION OF THE APPLICNAT

A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application).

Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979).

Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.

Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.           

Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535). 

Not being allowed to work in Thailand.

Hi Shot ,Harpman here. There's no doubt in my mind what I would do. Since you're going back to the U.S. anyhow,Id apply for another multi OA once there. You already know the drill. I ve never seen anything stating you cant get yet another OA once an initial one has expired.( reapplying in your home country,as Lop vividly points out) Just be mindful of the "must be utilized by "date on the new OA and make sure you get a rentry permit to protect any 365 day "admitted until" date that comes after your "must be utilized by" date has passed. Should be no problem. All the best,the Harpman

Now I understand, with my short term memory loss forgot you were the poster caught in the O/A one year stamp problem. Sorry. You really did have an O/A. If you have time on your US visit the O/A, as harpman says, is an option again. You know the drill now. If not time a normal O could be obtained an then do the process in Thailand later.

Harp and Lop,

Thanks for the spot-on advice as always.  I'll just get a 60 day tourist visa in Singapore, and apply for the multi O-A visa when I return to the USA.

Just to make things difficult!

I spoke to the Thai consulate in Melbourne today on an O/A visa,he advises this can only be obtained in Thailand. He can issue O visa only with 2 entries for 30days each.(total 60 days) or NON"B" visa,during 6 or 12 months you will apply for the A/O visa??

My entry to Thai at present is on a 12 month Multi entry NON"B" visa then onto an A/O on the 12th month ( 12 months instead of 6) :o

Harp and Lop,

Thanks for the spot-on advice as always.  I'll just get a 60 day tourist visa in Singapore, and apply for the multi O-A visa when I return to the USA.

I spoke to the Thai consulate in Melbourne today on an O/A visa,he advises this can only be obtained in Thailand. He can issue O visa only with 2 entries for 30days each.(total 60 days) or NON"B" visa,during 6 or 12 months you will apply for the A/O visa??

My entry to Thai at present is on a 12 month Multi entry NON"B" visa then onto an A/O on the 12th month ( 12 months instead of 6) :o

Try talking with Canberra. Your information is nonsense.

Harp and Lop,

My entry to Thai at present is on a 12 month Multi entry NON"B" visa then onto an A/O on the 12th month ( 12 months instead of 6) :D

Try talking with Canberra. Your information is nonsense.

You beat me to it,Lop! :o