My Thai Wife Is Wondering What She'll Do

frankafey

My wife and I were sitting around talking and she asked me what I plan to do once we move to Thailand. Well, I had a long list of things I wish to do and things I don't plan on doing anymore once in LOS. My wife of 20 plus years is still wondering what she'll do. How difficult is it for Thai expats when they return to Thailand? She used to teach in Thailand but I don't she wants to do that again. Can a couple live well on 104,000 baht a month?

My wife and I were sitting around talking and she asked me what I plan to do once we move to Thailand.  Well, I had a long list of things I wish to do and things I don't plan on doing anymore  once in LOS.  My wife of 20 plus years is still wondering what she'll do.  How difficult is it for Thai expats when they return to Thailand?  She used to teach in Thailand but I don't she wants to do that again.  Can a couple live well on 104,000 baht a month?

Are you taking the pish. Mate sorry. But you can live well on that money. Especially up north then you should be sweet. Enjoy yourself.

My wife and I were sitting around talking and she asked me what I plan to do once we move to Thailand.  Well, I had a long list of things I wish to do and things I don't plan on doing anymore  once in LOS.  My wife of 20 plus years is still wondering what she'll do.  How difficult is it for Thai expats when they return to Thailand?  She used to teach in Thailand but I don't she wants to do that again.  Can a couple live well on 104,000 baht a month?

No problem... enroll her in Thai Classes, cooking classes, massage classes..... she'll slow down in her own time once she gets into the Thai way of life...  :D

totster  :D

Are you taking the pish. Mate sorry. But you can live well on that money. Especially up north then you should be sweet. Enjoy yourself.

Frankafey,

Jockstar, Ajarn and I can come and live with you and your wife and we´ll all be happy!! :o:D

Good idea?

:D

Edited by kayo

Room for one more ?  :o  :D

You're gonna need something to do with that additional 4000. Count me in too!

HA!!! The more the merrier.

Frankafey, can you increase your income a little.

I´d like to bring a friend. :D

Hi all, I just found this forum when researching dental care for a friend in Chiang Mai.

Re initial inquiry: When I was living there 2 years ago I had a really nice 2 bedroom house in the Mae Rim area that I was renting for 1000 baht/ month. Mostly full time maid/ cook cost the same and my cost for local organic groceries was not much more than that. So, if you have a car and don't mind being a bit outside of the city, then I guess you could be well within budget, even if you want to eat out frequently at the many nice restaurants (which we did) and still have all of the above house guests. :D

When I come back I think I'll splurge the extra few thousand baht monthly and get a place more central, maybe over by the university and try doing without the car most of the time.

• 3 months later...

Have you robbed a bank or something???????

I am planning to move to Thailand early next year and am wondering if 25,000 would be ok.

I wish I had all your worries.

What will she do?????

Why not open a bank in the village you are going to stay!!!!!!!