Farang Interaction

seaneee

Wow, this subject has really got going!

I dont need to have farang interaction everyday, and i hardly drink alcohol so going for a piss up would be a rare one for me.

I am the kind of person that builds friendships slowly because i feel that they will be stronger and last longer that way. I probably only have 3 good friends in Pattaya, but i know i could stake my life on them.Finding another friend or two to add to my close personal friends that live in CR will be my plan.

Im Welsh and as such i find it difficult to chat with Aussies ,English and Kiwis because they just dont understand that Wales has the best rugby team in the world! :whistling:

i suppose the distances involved would limit the interactions as well. Everyone's probably a bit more spread out than you're used to in Pattaya, specially Jubs, he's almost as spread out as I am :lol:

What are you trying to say Biff :rolleyes:

"spread out" . :unsure:B):o

No, to be honest distances are easy here. I tend to do at least 250kms a week on a motorbike , sometimes 80Kms before breakfast, well before breakfast. I couldn't imagine doing that in the UK.

A lot is to do with making the effort. The weather slows you down a bit.

having said that.

I had a trip up to see Woralak yesterday morning, I was going in that direction anyway,

great Guy, Not laughed so much in ages.

Now he's about 140 kms out of Town, thats a fare distance.

:lol: sorry mate, you brought up your belly and how it didn't feel part of you so i couldn't resist it :)

all i meant about 'spread out' is that it takes a bit of effort to do the travelling whereas in Pattaya the OP may have had numerous farangs on his doorstep, so more impromptu meetings may have been easier.

Some interesting comments in this thread, I can't really join in too much as I'm, currently, a non-resident but, when I am in The Rai it's difficult, for me anyway, to travel, being limited to a 110 Fino which has had 93 Minnie Mouse stickers added to it! Not sure that the stickers impede the performance in any way but they certainly affect my desire to take it for a long distance ride. That and the fact that after 20 minutes on it it makes my arse hurt :)

Should I be fortunate enough to become a resident, a different, larger bike, I believe, will become essential.

Wow, this subject has really got going!

I dont need to have farang interaction everyday, and i hardly drink alcohol so going for a piss up would be a rare one for me.

I am the kind of person that builds friendships slowly because i feel that they will be stronger and last longer that way. I probably only have 3 good friends in Pattaya, but i know i could stake my life on them.Finding another friend or two to add to my close personal friends that live in CR will be my plan.

Im Welsh and as such i find it difficult to chat with Aussies ,English and Kiwis because they just dont understand that Wales has the best rugby team in the world! :whistling:

Seanee I think you've touched on a point that needed some more discussion, which is always a good thing IMO.

As to being Welsh causing you problems, I think people will make allowances :P

Boers the Arse of you. :D Woralak. Your beating about the bush again. why don't you say what you mean , canny Lad B)

:unsure: :Well Jubs if you check the time of my post it was 2pm,ish,4 sorry 5 tigers tends to loosen ya gob a bit,and after all VF had mentioned (piss-up) in his post so arse didn't seem so bad,sorry if i offended you bonnie lad,:unsure:

Edited by woralak

Boers the Arse of you. :D Woralak. Your beating about the bush again. why don't you say what you mean , canny Lad B)

:unsure: :Well Jubs if you check the time of my post it was 2pm,ish,4 sorry 5 tigers tends to loosen ya gob a bit,and after all VF had mentioned (piss-up) in his post so arse didn't seem so bad,sorry if i offended you bonnie lad,:unsure:

No worries Lads, you know I'm only Joking. anyway, while your here don't forget to post a picture of your house on VF's post about Houses. Get his nipple count up so to speak.

I don't know where I got that one from I'm sure. I've had no Tigers either. I guess opening my Gob Just comes naturally. :rolleyes:

Heres my Place, Built it ten years ago for a million baht. I guess it would be three now. Property prices have gone through the roof. :o

If I ever rebuilt I think I'd do something in wood, more Classical Lanna Style.

No worries Lads, you know I'm only Joking. anyway, while your here don't forget to post a picture of your house on VF's post about Houses. Get his nipple count up so to speak.

I don't know where I got that one from I'm sure. I've had no Tigers either. I guess opening my Gob Just comes naturally. :rolleyes:

Heres my Place, Built it ten years ago for a million baht. I guess it would be three now. Property prices have gone through the roof. :o

If I ever rebuilt I think I'd do something in wood, more Classical Lanna Style.

Here is mine Jubs,and the car to take me there.

Edited by woralak

My Mum was born at Blaydon and her brother and niece now live down towards Crawcrook.

When I stayed there it always amazed me that you were just a short distance from great English countryside.

My uncle and I walked down to Wylam one Sunday and he boasted about it for hours in the pub later.

The board name I use, sceadugenga, was taken from a novel about Northumberland set in the time of the Danish and Viking invasions.

Sceadugengan are mythical beasts from Anglo-Saxon mythology.

My Mum was born at Blaydon and her brother and niece now live down towards Crawcrook.

When I stayed there it always amazed me that you were just a short distance from great English countryside.

My uncle and I walked down to Wylam one Sunday and he boasted about it for hours in the pub later.

The board name I use, sceadugenga, was taken from a novel about Northumberland set in the time of the Danish and Viking invasions.

Sceadugengan are mythical beasts from Anglo-Saxon mythology.

Great name,i must admit it had me puzzled,thanks for letting me in on it,the Blaydon races,noo thats a propa Geordie good on ya pal.

Im from a small village called Stakeford near the towns of Ashington Blyth Morpeth and about 15mls nth of Newcastle,very near to the countryside or the beach,best of both worlds,its not changed that much in all this time,the photos are from 2007 when i took the wife over for a visit to meet the fam.

Thas na place like yem,i think that gans fo everybody,wherever ya from.