Garden International School

ESB7

I always believed that the high costs charged by international schools was justified. Yesterday I was given a flyer promoting the school and couldnt believe that the front is in English and the reerse in Thai....yes and the reverse clearly states that Thais get 20% cheaper....why can they do this, so in reality the charges by this school could in effect be reduced by 20%......

It is standard practice to give discounts to Thai nationals (passport holders) - you'll find all do the same as a concession to the obvious income differential norm between Thai incomes and foreign incomes.

You'll also find, if you wish to go and do the research, that Garden International School is the cheapest when compared with the competition; Regents,ISE,St Andrews.

It is standard practice to give discounts to Thai nationals (passport holders) - you'll find all do the same as a concession to the obvious income differential norm between Thai incomes and foreign incomes.

You'll also find, if you wish to go and do the research, that Garden International School is the cheapest when compared with the competition; Regents,ISE,St Andrews.

My kids are Thai Nationals so would get the discount...still think it sucks and would not consider sending them there.

You're wrong. Although they don't publish it - they do offer private discounts.

Thats great to know when you take your 2 kids to school on a 5 year old Honda, that you are paying 20% more than the Thai that pulls up in 3 million worth of Mercedes. :realangry:

Big Guns- sorry but you've misunderstood my point - sure St Andrews has different policies- but my point is that I know that St Andrews has given discounts as I know people who have received them - it may not be for Thai nationality but it is for some other reasons. My point to the OP was that businesses can and do give discounts all over the world- it's up to them to decide upon policies for giving them.

Garden gives them for Thai nationality- 20% off- and yes this Thai child or look kreung could have a farang fee payer ( as is the OP by the way) and for siblings. Anyway I'm still unsure why the OP is so unhappy- it's a free market- if he doesn't like that policy he can take his children to another international school in this area ,eg. St Andrews which is more expensive or even Regents which is even more expensive - both are good - or he can put his children into a bilingual school eg. REPS which is half the price and still very good but a different product. Anyway, enough of this issue- I'm not contributing to this conversation anymore. Good luck Big Guns and ESB7.

If GIS want to offer discounts for Thai nationals, Indians and any other nationality they are free to do that. A private business is of course free to determine its prices. I informed the original poster that St Andrew's don't have a discounting policy which is based on nationality. Good luck in your career tvaddict.

I hope the original poster finds a good school for his kids.