Costs For Non Immigrant Visa

Would someone be kind enough to advise the following:

The best times and way to get to Penang with a view to obtaining a non immigrant O visa, the approximate costs of obtaining such a visa, ie. whether I obtain the services of an "agent" in Penang to do this for me or not and the chances of getting a non Immigrant O multiple entry valid for 12 months.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

JJ.

You should be able to obtain a multi entry O visa from Penang with a copy of your marriage certificate and of her id card. Not sure of price but you may be able to find with a search. Airasia flies and you can sometimes make the morning application at the Royal Thai Consulate. If not you have the option of having an agent take the following day or do yourself - the price is about the same as you will have to take taxi and then again the next day to pick it up.

Believe Consulate open for application from 0900-1200 monday-friday but closed all Thai and Malaysian holidays. Pickup is between 1400-1500 I believe and should be the following day if not a holiday.

Be sure to have local currency for payment. If airfare is too much both bus service and train service is available but at this time travel through South Thailand is not advisable.

Edited by lopburi3