Marriage Certificate In Dutch Or Thai?

Hi all, :o

I'm going to apply for non-immigrant type "o" for supporting my Thai wife and I have some questions

I'm in Belgium , 41 years. We're married here in Belgium 2 years ago.

- our the marriage certificate is in Dutch , do I need to let it be translated in Thai first or can I apply that with the Dutch one ?

- to extend my visa in Thailand , can that be in English too (coz I think I can ask the duplicate in English here in the city hall) or does that have to be in Thai.

If it has to be in Thai , after I let it be translated , does that have to be authorized and by who?

- My wife her Thai id card is still be single , what does she have to do to change that to be married? Can we just take our English marriage certificate to the city hall and will they give the Thai marriage certificate or what will they do? Or what should we do? Please give us some advices.

- where is the best place to apply for the visa in Belgium?

Thanks in advance.

I was working and living in Indonesia. At that time I still did not know what to do about visa.Retirement or "marriage".I even believe that is was my first (and only ) topic I asked the forum.

Back to your question.

I had my dutch marriage certificate translated into English. I had it certified at the Dutch embassy in Jakarta and also certified at the Thai embassy in Jakarta.

I had it translated (the English version) into Thai and had it certified by the ministry of Foreighn Affairs in Bangkok.

I made 25 copies of this all and did not use them because I went for a retirement visa :o

However I already used several copies for other purposes since than.

On the translations I have a lot of stamps in many colors.

Hope you can go the same way in Belgium

Hi Dutch

Thank you so much for your fast answer.

So I have to let the marriage certificate be translated in Thai and authorised (by who?) before I can go to apply for the visa at the embassy?

What about the id card for my wife , What should I do? Can anyone help me with that too?

Does every papers have to be translated in Thai or is that ok too to be in English?

Thanks

I there a thai embassy in Belgium?

Otherwise you have to go to The Hague (Den Haag).Very friendly people overthere!

For use in Europe an english translation is fine but later a Thai translation is better for use in Thailand.The embassy should be able to provide you with addresses of official translators and the embassy will certify this document.

Any questions,just ask them.You have everything official so there is nothing to be afraid of.

Good luck

What about the id card for my wife ,  What should I do? Can anyone help me with that too?

When my wife and I got married here in Thailand when we went to the local amphur to get the marriage registered in Thailand she also got an updated ID card for her in her married name.

Pretty sure this can only be done in Thailand.

avantgarde.

Still did not get it but I will answer asap.

I (we) brought our belongings on my wife's name : as a returning Thai !

much easier and prefered by the moving company.

There are however some rules.

Main rule;during the last year not more than 3 visits with a total of ..?.. days (I forgot).I let the moving companie's expert check the passport of my wife and it was OK.

I did door to door transport with a 40ft container without ANY problems