Multi Or Single Entry Non O Visa?

You've probably had this question a few times already, sorry about that, but I am sure you are all eager to have another "satisfied customer".

I believe to have read that a multi-entry permit for an NON O visa is a waste of money if you plan on getting an extension of stay permit after 3 months? (If you don't plan on leaving the first 3 months, that is.) Is that right? What would I need suppose I want to leave the country after 6 months and come back?

Cheers.

Tokker

A multi entry Non O Visa is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

Even with this you MUST leave the kingdom every 90 days & get a renewal stamp, no need for an extension.

You can come & go as many times as you wish, re-enter prior to the last day of your 12 months & you should get a 30 day extension, effectivally 15 months.

Believe you have wires crossed as there is no such thing as a multi entry permit.

There is a multi entry non immigrant visa that allows 90 day stays for a usual period of one year from issue.

There is a single re-entry permit that allows you to leave the country and return and receive the same permitted to stay stamp as you currently have.

There is a multi re-entry permit that allows any number of such trips up to the expiration date of your current permitted to stay stamp.

Believe you are asking about the first item and if you are sure you will have everything ready for one year extension of stay within the 90 day entry of a single entry O visa that would be all you would need. The advantage of the multi entry is if things go wrong you have another chance with only a border run required.

Once you have an extension of stay you will require a re-entry permit for any travel at any time to keep it alive.

Thanks for the answers you guys. Indeed I meant a muli-entry non O visa. So if I summarize there are 2 ways to go with a non O visa, given that I want to stay for a year.

1) A multi-entry non O visa: I can stay almost 1 year and 3 months but I need to leave the country every 3 months. I can come and go as I wish.

2) A single-entry non O visa: valid for 3 months but together with an extension it allows me to stay up to 1 year. I don't need to leave the country but if I wish to do so, then I will need a re-entry permit.

Given that I have the 400.000 B and that I am not planning on coming and going, option 2 would be the easiest and smartest thing to do.

Am I understanding this the right way? Thanks again.

(For your information, I am married to a Thai national)