BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cmjantje

Holiday To Pattaya

Hi, I want to go to Pattaya for a week with the missis. I don't want to drive in one day... these days I could and did are far behind me.

Can someone give me some idea where to overnight?

Your question maybe overly broad to prompt an intelligent response.

I spent 10 days in Pattaya mid May but I flew.

Unless you really enjoy driving, flying might be the best option. The mind boggles at what some people post. ;)(Come from where...?)

Edited by villagefarang

Hmmm... he probably wants someone to suggest halfway point to spend the night and break the drive into two approximately equal days.

Allow me to point out Phitsanulok or Nakon Sawan as possibilities.

Personally I'd play it by ear and eye, if saw somewhere I liked around the 500km mark I'd stop.

The biggest problem here on Earth is that people look and not see, they hear but not listen! And in this case, they read but ....

Sceadugenga, thank you so much for reading and UNDERSTANDING what I asked.

Maybe you have a name or an adress from a hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by cmjantje

I'd say CM you'd be better off looking for a place when you get there. If you make commitment sight unseen in a strange town there's a chance that you may not be able to find it anyway.

If you want a general idea, googling the name of the city and "hotel" usually reveals a good selection, with prices, maps and an opportunity to book on the internet.

It just seems a bit unrealistic to expect that any of us, sitting up here in the Rai, are going to be a able to give a travel agent sort of answer to this question.

If you are not up to the drive, then fly. If you insist on driving, then drive as far as you can the first day, and stop. I would suggest more than halfway, so you won't be as tired when you arrive at your destination. Get yourself a good map, look at it, read it and understand it.

For a more detailed answer, we are going to have to do the web search, that you should be doing yourself. I think it is a bit much to expect that of us. As Scea suggested, just look around when you get tired or see someplace nice. :)

Face it dude, when it comes to good old down home understanding, there's sceadugenga, and there's the rest. B)

I'm just astounded that he wants to bring his wife to Pattaya. :D

Unless you really enjoy driving, flying might be the best option. The mind boggles at what some people post. ;)(Come from where...?)

from the usual helpful V.F .

Try these.

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/search?city=Phitsanulok&checkInDate=2010-07-12&nbNight=1

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/search?city=Petchaboon&checkInDate=2010-07-12&nbNight=1

http://www.thaipro.com/w0_thailand_hotels/nakhon_sawan_hotels_1.html

Edited by dindong

Just a guess but i reckon it was the (come from where..?) that he was commenting on, seeing as the OP was in the CR forum, it's a fair bet he's coming from CR

Did the old adage "Coals to Newcastle" cross your mind. B)

Just a guess but i reckon it was the (come from where..?) that he was commenting on, seeing as the OP was in the CR forum, it's a fair bet he's coming from CR

So how did you get to be so clever Biff? :)

Did the old adage "Coals to Newcastle" cross your mind. B)

A little decorum gentlemen. He is after all a newlywed and this may be a belated honeymoon. Give the guy six months or so before expecting him to fool around in Pattaya. ;)