Holiday To Pattaya

cmjantje

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not see until now that this is an old post. :unsure:

Nakon Sawan is the best bet if you want to split up the trip into two days. Take the Asian Hwy south thru Lamphang (two lanes each direction). This is the best and quickest road with most services.

Do not go thru Prae, and Pitsonolok (single lane winding roads with limited passing space).

There are many roadside decent hotels on the main highway in Nakok Sawan City. Just keep your eyes open for one that appeals to you.

When you get just south of Autiya, take the complicated way to the tollway that will connect you directly past the new airport Nd onward to Pattaya (sorry forgot the numbers of these tollways). Your total drive time whould be about 12 hours from Chiang Rai to Pattaya.

Edited by TacoBoy

You're not gone yet? You're not back yet? What happened to the "one week" plan? Why is this thread three pages long and was started in July? Did we just go through a time warp? What the hell is going on???

Hello?!?!?!?

HELLOOOO?!?!?!?!??!

Aaia Hiwghway to Ring Road 9 is difficult, but slow down and watch carefully for the signs. Take the Ring Road to Hwy 7 to Pattaya. I drive it in about 10-12 hours via the Asia Highway route.

Nakorn Chai Air VIP bus Chiang Rai new bus terminal overnight sleeper full reclining seats is 779 per person each way. 13 hour trip to Pattaya. Get off at their Pattaya bus station on Sukhuvit hwy and Central Pattaya road. Cross the road to Central Pattaya dnd get on a 10 baht Baht Bus (pick up taxi).

Beats the price of flying, then Taxi or Bus to Pattaya, then another taxi from Pattaya bus station to your hotel.

airfare about 2,000 each way, Taxi 1,300, or vip bus BKK to Pattaya 200, taxi from bus station to hotel 100.

3,300 Air + Taxi. approx 6 1/2 hours travel time.

2,300 Air + bus + taxi. approx 7 1/2 hours travel time plus bus availability and wait time.

779 VIP bus Chiang Rai to Pattaya and Baht taxi 10 baht = 789. 13 hours.

Check out the newer Live entertainment bar on Beach Road and Soi 8

Or the We are the World Bar Beach Road between Soi 7 &8 (live entertainment.

Both are relatively inexpensive for Pattaya. Beers about 50 baht.

Also the Pattaya Beer Garden on the pier overlooking the water just before walking street. Nice atmosphere, music, not pushy and not expensive.

Always ask how much before you buy in Pattaya.

Edited by TacoBoy

You're not gone yet? You're not back yet? What happened to the "one week" plan? Why is this thread three pages long and was started in July? Did we just go through a time warp? What the hell is going on???

Hello?!?!?!?

HELLOOOO?!?!?!?!??!

I told already I wanted to go around this time... but maybe I have Alzheimer :)

To the rest: I trust my gps, if I make mistakes.... soo what?

I will report back to you ok?

I was thinking I was the one with Alzheimer's but I can't recall for sure.

Enjoy the holiday.

Just drove this route from Pattaya to Chiang Mai on the 14th of January. Departed The Pig on Soi 6 at 5:30 AM, topped off with fuel and hit the 7 to 9, 120 baht on toll. Went on to the 2 then on to the 32 north then the 1 to Tak ,re fulled and had breakfast. Arrive Doi Saket at 3:30 PM. 830 Kilometers.

Hello?!?!?!?

HELLOOOO?!?!?!?!??!

CMJANTJE "Posted 2010-07-12 14:08 Hi, I want to go to Pattaya for a week with the missis. I don't want to drive in one day... these days I could and did are far behind me.

Can someone give me some idea where to overnight?"

Alzheimers for sure :huh:

Good luck on your trip when you depend on Thai GPS :whistling:

Be sure to say hello to the Touts around walking street and the shows B) Ka Ching :blink:

They will have some good directions and info around Pattaya Town for ya :jap:

Back again, the missizz did not want to go too long time so spent 3 nights in the Pinewood Residence. I have been to Pattaya many times before come and live in Thailand and had many hotels. This hotel is absolutely my nr 1! Great rooms. Very friendly staff. On soy 6 2nd road. Booked through Sawadee.com. Breakfast is so so.

I followed the advise of Paul888. The 1 day drive is not bad, just be sure not to start too early like I did and pass the mountainroad in the dark.

After 2 beautifull days we both had enough "holiday feeling", both enjoyed it very much, including the drive. Next time however I will take the sleeper bus as advised by another member, one time driving this road is enough for both of us, but again... we enjoyed it very much.

Oh btw, almost lost my wife... she took a walk along the beach by herself and a German man came walking next to her asking to live together with him in Germany. Telling him she is married and showing her wedding ring And telling him she wanted to walk alone did not help. She turned back... Very Pissed Off.

Sounds like a long drive for a few days.

I'm contemplating a road trip too.

Its a shame she couldn't walk alone without being hastled , maybe its a Pattaya thing.

Anyway. Get her a Tazer next time your in Mai Sai. a little tickle below his beer gut in the general direction of his red Speedo briefs will do the trick ;)

Back again, the missizz did not want to go too long time so spent 3 nights in the Pinewood Residence. I have been to Pattaya many times before come and live in Thailand and had many hotels. This hotel is absolutely my nr 1! Great rooms. Very friendly staff. On soy 6 2nd road. Booked through Sawadee.com. Breakfast is so so.

I followed the advise of Paul888. The 1 day drive is not bad, just be sure not to start too early like I did and pass the mountainroad in the dark.

After 2 beautifull days we both had enough "holiday feeling", both enjoyed it very much, including the drive. Next time however I will take the sleeper bus as advised by another member, one time driving this road is enough for both of us, but again... we enjoyed it very much.

Oh btw, almost lost my wife... she took a walk along the beach by herself and a German man came walking next to her asking to live together with him in Germany. Telling him she is married and showing her wedding ring And telling him she wanted to walk alone did not help. She turned back... Very Pissed Off.

If the lady in your avatar is your wife, I can understand the German guy for asking. :lol:

If the lady in your avatar is your wife, I can understand the German guy for asking. :lol:

That girl is my mother