Viva España

anon7867763

Well done Spain.They deserved the victory.Holland were so negative and on top of that complaining constantly to the referee,

a disgrace , they did there best to spoil the climax of this world cup.The referee was too leniant on them.Spain were the superior side and thank god

they won.If not it would have been a disaster for football.Congratulations Spain and thanks for the great football !

Spain v. Holland. Great football? Did we watch the same match? It was a travesty.

No, it was a world cup final, a great final, of one of the best tournaments i can remember in 40 years.

The Football won, Africa won, and the Spanish team was deserving the title.

The Holland side was trying the intimidation game, i have to praise the Spaniards for retaining their composure; playing football is difficult when the opponents are aiming at the legs from minute 1.

Even Johan Cruyff i guess is happy with the result, thank you Spain for honouring the most beautiful game in the world.

Best player, Andres Iniesta, a true Artist and a good man.

I believe johnsnapo's reference to great football refers to their entire tournament rather than just the final. But Spain drove me insane at times trying to walk the ball into the net. As extra time wore on the spectre of penalties loomed large. Thankfully salvation was at hand with less than 5 minutes to go.

It will not go down as one of the great finals rather one of the poorest. :whistling:

I believe johnsnapo's reference to great football refers to their entire tournament rather than just the final. But Spain drove me insane at times trying to walk the ball into the net. As extra time wore on the spectre of penalties loomed large. Thankfully salvation was at hand with less than 5 minutes to go.

It will not go down as one of the great finals rather one of the poorest. :whistling:

Can anyone think of a great World Cup final?.......and please don't mention '66 unless you're approaching that age at least....:ermm:

Can anyone think of a great World Cup final?.......and please don't mention '66 unless you're approaching that age at least....:ermm:

met paulo rossi ,in his restaurant in 1990

, toto schilacci ?, granted not finalists but certainly entertainers ,

since then, ?? no ,even the 90 final was <deleted> 94 same, 98 , proper fix, 2002 leave off, 2006, not worth mention,

money, corruption, fifa, bltater, along with cheats who play,make this tournament a farce,

id sooner watch regional sunday pub league , it is more honest

Only 1970 comes to mind - Brazil taking Italy apart.

1970, 1974, 1978, 1982. Nothing wrong with those ones.

Players wages started to rocket.......out of touch with the fans........don't care about winning World Cups etc.....its just a platform to increase wages and sponsorship nowadays.

The WC final in 1970 and 1982 were much much better than this. We had goals, good football and not a killer team like the dutch.