Non-imm "o-a" Visa Runs

Hi,

Sorry if the question already has been asked...

I'm currently on a Non-Imm O-A 90 days single entry visa. My visa is up in August. I currently don't have the money to get the 1-year extension.

1- Would it be perfectly possible for me to do "O visa runs" ? Go out every 90 days to get a new O-A with my marriage papers ?

2- Where is the best place to do so ?

3- Is it a good place to do it in Hong Kong or Singapore ? I'd like to travel at the same time with my money (any experiences ?)

4- How long does it take to process the visa ?

5- How many times could I do this in a row ?

Thanks in advance !

- Amadeus

Is your visa really marked O-A? If it is you should have received a one year entry into Thailand (for retirement); not 90 days. I suspect you have a normal non immigrant O visa.

1. You should take marriage certificate and copy of wife id card and go to Penang to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa. You are married to a Thai?

2. Penang or your home country.

3. I would go with Penang for the visa - once you have that you can travel anywhere every 90 days as it will cover almost 15 months.

4. In during morning and out next business day afternoon (after 2).

5. How long is a string?

Thank you lopburi !

The visa they'll give me in Penang, is it a 90-days O ? That means I have to go to Penang every 90 days right ?

Also, do I need to prove anything else there other than my wife's ID and the marriage certificate ?

Thank you so much again,

Charles

What you want to obtain is a multi entry type non immigrant O visa which only requires you leave Thailand every 90 days - all you need to do is get stamped out/stamped into another country and then stamped back into Thailand. There would not be any need to go back to Penang until after about 15 months when a new visa would be required.

The marriage certificate/copy and copy of wife id card is current requirement. To be even safer you could have wife write a short paragraph that you live together but it should not be required.