Immigration Visas 2

Thai Consulate in Melbourne advises they can't issue O/A visa only O visas for 2x90 days 6 months. au$90 then onto O/A

This seems to contrary to some comments in here.

A NON IMMIG "B" 12 month multi entry seems most logical,gives 15 months to get it done.

On phoning Thai Immigration from OZ the result was ZERO. no understanding! no answer!

I understand this is being corrected. :D

Special medical circumstances apply MAYBE! on applying for O/A visa,I'm unable to find anywhere,including ministry site. www.mfa.go.th

What medical / Police / Docs required in my country before I leave for completion of O/A visa so I don't to have to come back to get a form filled out?

Again conflicting information.

I think the financials are correct 500,000bht in Thai bank + 24,375bht pension pm

Tax on pensions also very vague; mabe taxable maybe not!!

Any help please? :o

contemplating!

I suspect Canberra is where a non immigrant O/A has to be issued. It is not going to be issued outside your country of residence.

If you come here on an O visa you can extend your stay during the last 30 days of an entry for retirement and will not need anything from your home country. What will be required is pension proof by a letter from your Embassy, bank letter/passbook of an account in Thailand and a medical certificate from a local clinic. And of course the 1,900 baht fee for the TM.7 form. All you need is a single entry non immigrant O visa going this route.

I suspect Canberra is where a non immigrant O/A has to be issued.  It is not going to be issued outside your country of residence.

If you come here on an O visa you can extend your stay during the last 30 days of an entry for retirement and will not need anything from your home country.  What will be required is pension proof by a letter from your Embassy, bank letter/passbook of an account in Thailand and a medical certificate from a local clinic.  And of course the 1,900 baht fee for the TM.7 form.  All you need is a single entry non immigrant O visa going this route.

Thanks Lopburi,

Can you come in on a Multi NON B VISA so you can get the 15 months then aply for O/A in Thailand?? :o

An O/A is issued by a Thai Consulate. There are no Thei Consulates in Thailand.

If you can obtain a non immigrant B visa somehow you could convert to O, at the 2,000 baht fee, at end of your stay and then extend that O stay one year at a time for retirement inside Thailand if you meet the normal 800k requirements and are over 50 and do not plan to work and have the medical.

O/A's in the States CAN be obtained at both MFA and Honorary Consulates, not just the Thai Embassy. And long discussions archived on this forum give several reason why the Honorary Consulate may be the way to go. Would think Consulates in Australia have the same latitude -- but nothing's 'for sure' in this subject area, as roiet is finding out. Wonder if this is just Melbourne -- and just the flavor of the month? (Is Melbourne Consulate MFA or Honorary?)

A quirk on the LA Consulate site says that not only must you be a resident of the US to get an O/A visa, but you must also be a US citizen. I've never seen this anywhere else -- may just be a LA powertrip requirement. But beware -- if this shoe fits.

Edited by JimGant