Wp And Licences

I'm sure that this has been gone into a hundred times on this forum but can't seem to find anything concrete - so forgive if this is a repeat.

I'll be arriving in Thailand in August and will be seeking a teaching post. I had thought that, as soon as you began working for a school/uni etc, that a teaching licence and WP was arranged by that school pretty soon after.

Just heard from my son who says he's just got his WP and teaching licence- and he's been there over a year now !

One reason I'm concerned is that I'm arranging a surface freight of some of my personal stuff. I believe that I can't have this brought into Thailand until I have a WP. In the interim, the stuff will be stored at a friend's home, and I don't think that she'll be happy to have the stuff lying around for that long.

So, what's the score?

I just finished 25 months without a work permit, and I taught full time. A good friend of mine who posts here probably did it even longer.

If you have a real education bachelor's degree and are being hired full time by a real authentic actual bona fide high-paying international school (say, above 100,000 baht per month), they'll probably do it all in a flash for you. Otherwise, there's no telling how many YEARS it might take.

I just finished 25 months without a work permit, and I taught full time.  A good friend of mine who posts here probably did it even longer. 

If you have a real education bachelor's degree and are being hired full time by a real authentic actual bona fide high-paying international school (say, above 100,000 baht per month), they'll probably do it all in a flash for you.  Otherwise, there's no telling how many YEARS it might take.

Groan !

:o