Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

Wasn't a bad day, I was offered alternative internet but read a bit and watch a couple of old English TV shows.

Budgie and Rising Damp... that should test even the keenest TV watcher. rolleyes.gif

30,000 is a lot of profile views, I'd go and check but that would make it 30,001. cool.png

• Like 1

Wasn't a bad day, I was offered alternative internet but read a bit and watch a couple of old English TV shows.

Budgie and Rising Damp... that should test even the keenest TV watcher. rolleyes.gif

30,000 is a lot of profile views, I'd go and check but that would make it 30,001. cool.png

They are probabely bots. smile.png good to know you are making money for george...he must need it..

• 2 weeks later...

I was debating whether to post this here or in Keeping Things In Perspective but I decided it was more of a Good Thing.smile.png

Chiang Rai is often in the news with stories of drugs and death, so it is really nice to have Chiang Rai featured on a hit television show like The Bachelor on ABC. If nothing else it helps to keep things in perspective and shows another side of Chiang Rai to the world.

Riding elephants at the Anantara Golden Triangle Resort and filming at the exclusive Pa Sak Tong, show a more elegant side of our little corner of paradise. Unfortunately the Pa Sak Tong website is down but it says a new page is coming soon. Here are a couple of shots I took at Pa Sak Tong.

Rai+Boon+Rawd++016.jpg

Rai+Boon+Rawd++020.jpg

Yes it does look nice....and good to see it getting publicity for CR but I am surprised you watch things like "The Batchelor"

I don’t actually. I just caught this on a newsfeed and thought I would bring it to the attention of others who may not be watchers. I believe the finale is tomorrow night.

Looks like the campaign is under way to clear the air.

IMG_2479.jpg

Be fine till the sign gets a bit old and they burn it. Seriosly it has been much better this year. I went to MaeSai a couple of days ago and the smoke was ok till I got 4km from the border. Had to make a quick U turn. I think the locals have moderated things a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been marveling at how the burnt orange color of the moon at night is getting close to rivaling the color of the sun as it sets into the smokey horizon each evening. Not sure if it is a good thing but it is pretty in a way. At least I can still see it.

• Like 1

While walking the dogs last evening, there was a fire off in the fields, belching a thick column of smoke skyward. As the breeze topped it off and sent it horizontally across the valley, the hills were blocked from view. To my surprise I saw a local firetruck navigating the trail in an attempt to get close enough to put it out.

Sometimes there are a half dozen or more of these infernos going at the same time and I have never before seen anyone take notice, let alone try to put it out. I can’t be certain whether the fire ran out of fuel or the firefighters actually did their job but I thought it was worthy of a good things tag none the less.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Trend Setters, the bad news first.

Last night the water pump packed it in. It's been so

hot lately and I was dreading being without water for too long.

So the wife called the village handyman this morning and he popped

around to take a look. Seems there was an electrical fault somewhere.

So after fiddling around with his meters and replacing a small part, it

was, to my great relief, up and running within the hour.

All for the princely sum of 200 Baht.

So I'm adding it in the "Good Things Topic".

Regards

Will

• Like 1

The air has been clean enough that I managed to get out on the mountain bike again after 6 weeks indoors.

mt.bike+indoor++003.jpg

The air has been clean enough that I managed to get out on the mountain bike again after 6 weeks indoors.

mt.bike+indoor++003.jpg

VF

Is that a trainer on your bike?

I picked up a good CycleOps trainer from Northern Bikes

about 4 months ago.

I prefer the open road but lately with the smoke and and some

unruly dogs I've been using it a fair bit.

Regards

Will

• Like 1