Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

The air has been clean enough that I managed to get out on the mountain bike again after 6 weeks indoors.

VF

Is that a trainer on your bike?

I picked up a good CycleOps trainer from Northern Bikes

about 4 months ago.

I prefer the open road but lately with the smoke and and some

unruly dogs I've been using it a fair bit.

Regards

Will

Got my trainer from Northern Bikes as well, but a few years ago. I was riding indoors for nearly six weeks before getting a chance to hit the trails the other day. Now it is just too hot again, so think I will move the bike indoors for a little while longer.

The air has been clean enough that I managed to get out on the mountain bike again after 6 weeks indoors.

VF

about 4 months ago.

Regards

Will

Got my trainer from Northern Bikes as well, but a few years ago. I was riding indoors for nearly six weeks before getting a chance to hit the trails the other day. Now it is just too hot again, so think I will move the bike indoors for a little while longer.

Must be time to get the noisy one out VF

VF

about 4 months ago.

Regards

Will

Must be time to get the noisy one out VF

You are slipping Harrry. Did you miss my little blurb in post number 329 where I mention that I have sold the noisy one?wink.png

Missed that.

Might be a bit hot but the air is clearer.

Yes the air is much better but the burning has started in ernest recently, at least in our area.sad.png

shhhhhhh this is the good news thread.

As the OP I will endeavor to remain on topic.biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Where is that trail in the photo in the post above? It looks like a v. nice trail, which extends past mirror group, about 23 Km nw of C.Rai. It's a lovely trail which takes about 50 minutes on a motorbike (up and back) or four times as long on a mountain bike. That's if you go to the very end, where the trail literally peters out. If anyone knows of a loop for that trail (coming back a different way) or similarly secluded trails in this region, let me (us) know.

Also, the waterfall park NW or Bandu, which has a long hike alongside a creek - I've hiked about an hour up there, but haven't yet committed more time to explore further, though the path appears to keep going. Anyone gone further up that trail - where does it go?

Same same, if you go nw from town to Huay Mae Sai (the village, not the border town), if you keep going north and don't take the left fork to the waterfalls, does anyone know if there are trails there, and if so, where they go? I've got a broken foot that's healing, but as soon as I'm fit again, am going to get a day-pack and start exploring this region again. If you don't hear from me in 3 weeks, then you can divvy up my 5 guitars among yourselves.

Where is that trail in the photo in the post above?

Just as you are more familiar with the area NW of town, my more travelled route is East of town where I live in Phaya Mengrai. The trail in the photo is in the Khun Tan area and at the end of a 2 km uphill slog, one arrives at this lovely reservoir roughly 15 km from my home. The water level is a bit low at this time of year so one can wander around the edges which are normally under water.

Lake%2520%2520001.jpg

Lake%2520%2520004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^

Nice positive post. I like it.... thumbsup.gif

Thanx Dark Dude,

It's kind of a life style choice totally inspired by those wacky "Monty Python" Boy's.

"Alway's look on the bright side of life..(whistle part) , Always look on the bright side of life..(whistle part) . (Evrybody sing along),

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. (And now that song is stuck in your head! Bwahahaha)

The whole whistle part had the emoticon orchestra, but it was more than my daily limit of emoticons. Sad but true! whistling.gif

Just finished having the "Pond" built this month.

The influx of frogs singing at night is a good thing. Love the nature music.

Just put the first 6 Koi in it last night and this morning they are still swimming, not floating.

This is also a good thing. Good for the fish, maybe not so good for the frogs.

We will see how this goes for the next little while.

Cheers from here.

Edited by Aftrmidnyt
  • Like 1

^

Nice positive post. I like it.... thumbsup.gif

Thanx Dark Dude,

It's kind of a life style choice totally inspired by those wacky "Monty Python" Boy's.

"Alway's look on the bright side of life..(whistle part) , Always look on the bright side of life..(whistle part) . (Evrybody sing along),

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea. (And now that song is stuck in your head! Bwahahaha)

The whole whistle part had the emoticon orchestra, but it was more than my daily limit of emoticons. Sad but true! whistling.gif

I woke up once in ICU after having gone into respitory failure a few days before. Plugged my radio in and the ABC were playing Allways look on the bright side of death" on high rotation. I think they thought they had to send me to Psych ward as I could not help bursting out in laughter every hour or so and that is not apropriate for a patient in ICU.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2

Supporting the local coffee growers with my morning cups.

That is a very good thing!

coffee1.gif

Cheers from here,

Aft

I prefer the coffee I get sent each month from Mae Suai. Good coffee for 400 baht a kilo.

Must admit the company was pleasant....and there was some nice passing scenery. smile.png

• Like 1

coffee1.gif

Cheers from here,

Aft

I prefer the coffee I get sent each month from Mae Suai. Good coffee for 400 baht a kilo.

Must admit the company was pleasant....and there was some nice passing scenery. smile.png

I have yet to choose a favourite of the Thai coffee bean and do enjoy sampling the different offerings.

I'll have to source that one and give it a taste.

Any idea how many different "branding's" there are available from local growers? (local=Northern Thai)

And I do love the scenery here. wink.png

Cheers,

Aft thumbsup.gif

coffee1.gif

Cheers from here,

Aft

I have yet to choose a favourite of the Thai coffee bean and do enjoy sampling the different offerings.

I'll have to source that one and give it a taste.

Any idea how many different "branding's" there are available from local growers? (local=Northern Thai)

And I do love the scenery here. wink.png

Cheers,

Aft thumbsup.gif

The coffee I drink is Coffee DoiLuang which is roasted at a roaster about 5 km south of MaeSuai town on the left side going to Chiang Mai. If you are passing I suggest dropping in. They know their coffee and you can drink some at the basic coffee shop on site. If you tell them what they like they can reccomend the roast you want. Three grades. The middle grade is classic extra which I find to be excellent for only 400 baht a kilo. They do have some higher grade coffee at around 1000baht kilo. It is organic and specially picked peaberry stuff. Very nice but I do not think the extra cost is justifed every day as the standard is very good. The girls there are loverly and though they cannot speak much english go out of their way to give you the coffee you want. I even get a new year card every year from them. The man there can speak some english and is a real coffee expert.

I have not seen their coffee in shops here but they do make a lot of plain packs which are then relabled.

I buy from there (though most of the time I just phone them and they send it) and it has been roasted within a couple of days.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2