Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

It's almost March already and so far near my house very little smoke and only a bit of haze....still nice and cool at night and not so hot in day.....but of course this will all likely change very soon. In the meantime, it's a good thing.

I agree, this weather is a very good thing and with a friend arriving on Sunday I won't need to make excuses for our typically bad March weather.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If you like to have a jar of salsa in the fridge and don't insist it burns holes in the roof of your mouth one of the tastiest I've found is at Northern Farm.

Still a reliable source of cheese off the block and roasting beef.

• Like 1

Sure, I think most of their business is directed at the hotel industry.

They still have good frozen beef burgers and the other half is a big fan of their hotdogs.

What is in the beef burgers,..we usually get beef mince from makro or Northern Farms...NF is dearer but meatier.

I'm not sure, some seem to use that flavoring powder, they probably buy it in bulk.

It's a bit like sausages... probably best not to know.

I got a very good couple of large burgers from the Deli behind Aye's restaurant recently, they were excellent.

One flattened out made two for a meal.

I dropped by the new frozen food place next to Thai Watsadu today, this is well worth a look for frozen beef, chicken, pork and seafood plus Thai mystery meats.

• 1 month later...

Been quiet in this thread. Hope all is still well up there in the Rai. You still around Village Farang?

Yes life is still good and thank you very much for asking. Life is so easy up here in the Rai that there's hardly anything worth posting about except for the occasional photo.
  • Like 2

Cycling in Chiang Rai is a very good thing. I keep trying different roads but I always return to the 1020 and the 1174 and the various crossroads which connect the two. It is easy to put together a loop of 40 to 100 kilometers depending on conditions. I have just returned from a 91 km ride which was a pretty good effort from me considering the heat today.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love where I live east of town. This time of year, driving home a little after four o’clock is amazing. The sun low on the horizon provides a visual feast of light and shape, color and contrast. Long shadows and every imaginable shade of green presents as one follows the gentle bends and rolling hills on undulating country roads. Sometimes the sky is a calm blue and other days filled with dramatic towering shapes. This is my favorite time of year and a very good thing in my opinion.smile.png

• Like 2

The highlight of my day was buying a kilo of small dark seedless grapes at the main market, most enjoyable.

The larger ones with seeds are nearly finished but these were worth the few extra baht.

Pomelo (som-o) are in season as well, my cup runneth over.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Deli behind Aye's Restaurant has some good strong cheddar from Scotland.

Not cheap at 900B a kilo but the lovely lady there will cut a piece off the block to suit all budgets. smile.png

Can she cut a piece tissue paper thin one inch square:)

• Like 1

You can get a shaving device in Central that will remove a layer about that size if you take it in.

I did note that she cuts it with a knife, an extremely simple but effective cheese cutter can be made with piano wire and a pair of dowels.

http://www.marthastewart.com/915934/building-your-own-wire-cheese-cutter

• 2 weeks later...