Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

What a pleasure it is to read the Good Things thread again and this subforum after 2.5 to 3 years since my last visit. Still many of the same posters. It makes me think Chiang Rai truly is a magical place.

Long ago I promised myself I had to visit. Well, a certain medical challenge required my attendance from early 2014 and to remain in Pattaya for another 2+ years. But everything's great now and I'm feeling the need to move on.

Tonight I needed to read something positive as the Pattaya subforum is anything but. I also just decided I cannot live in Bangkok again, because I simply cannot afford the outrageous prices for everything and absurd rents for shoeboxes. And this place popped into my head.

Thanks for still being here and knowing everyone loves their lives in the north. Let's see what the next month or two brings.

We have touched base a few times over the years so it is great to hear from you and I hope life is good. You will either like it up here or you won’t but no way to know without giving it a try.

What a pleasure it is to read the Good Things thread again and this subforum after 2.5 to 3 years since my last visit. Still many of the same posters. It makes me think Chiang Rai truly is a magical place.

Long ago I promised myself I had to visit. Well, a certain medical challenge required my attendance from early 2014 and to remain in Pattaya for another 2+ years. But everything's great now and I'm feeling the need to move on.

Tonight I needed to read something positive as the Pattaya subforum is anything but. I also just decided I cannot live in Bangkok again, because I simply cannot afford the outrageous prices for everything and absurd rents for shoeboxes. And this place popped into my head.

Thanks for still being here and knowing everyone loves their lives in the north. Let's see what the next month or two brings.

We have touched base a few times over the years so it is great to hear from you and I hope life is good. You will either like it up here or you won’t but no way to know without giving it a try.

It's great to see you are still enjoying the northern life, as I discovered in some other threads I read tonight. I do remember all the lovely photos over the years, too. You are right, one must try it out to see if a move to Chiang Rai will be a good fit. But I have to get in a first visit. LOL

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

Someone just put me over 10,000 Likes, so that has to be a good thing.biggrin.png

So you have over 10,000 likes since 2007 and I have over 5000 likes in less than half that time since 2012 which is strange because no one really likes me as they are so often willing to say.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Someone just put me over 10,000 Likes, so that has to be a good thing.biggrin.png

So you have over 10,000 likes since 2007 and I have over 5000 likes in less than half that time since 2012 which is strange because no one really likes me as they are so often willing to say.

The Like system didn't start in 2007.coffee1.gif

The Like system didn't start in 2007.coffee1.gif

Gee that's awful -- just think of how much more likable you could have been.

The fact that you are merely annoying is a good thing when compared to the outright hostility shown by my fan club here in Chiang Rai. Keep up the good work.clap2.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Accumulation of "likes" is far easier if people frequent the news and General section.

Saying the Thai government isn't fit to run a chook raffle will usually attract up to a dozen or twenty, while presenting the opposite view will be rewarded with a similar number.

Give advice with careful research and uploaded maps and links and you're lucky to get two or three.

Go figure. cool.png

While you can get a fair number of “likes” by spouting hate or wearing a tinfoil hat, I find I can outpace them with feel good topics...like my most recent one.smile.png

Well that's another reason I don't get many.... laugh.png

You need to try some of the other sub-forums. My latest topic is stuck at 49 likes but not a single one from a Chiang Rai member, even though I have seen them lurking at the bottom of the page.smile.png

Accumulation of "likes" is far easier if people frequent the news and General section.

Saying the Thai government isn't fit to run a chook raffle will usually attract up to a dozen or twenty, while presenting the opposite view will be rewarded with a similar number.

Give advice with careful research and uploaded maps and links and you're lucky to get two or three.

Go figure. cool.png

While you can get a fair number of “likes” by spouting hate or wearing a tinfoil hat, I find I can outpace them with feel good topics...like my most recent one.smile.png

It's like the old newspaper adage: It isn't news when the plane lands safely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My visitor had a bad night and woke up quite ill with a bad cough so ran him into Sriburin Hospital near Big C, arriving about 8.45am.

Met at the door by two nice girls with good English skills who walked us through the procedure.

Consultation

Chest X-Ray

3 lots of tablets.

1300 baht total, back in the car before 10am.

He's ok, just airline air conditioning bronchitis.

We had a bit of a panic, he's 76.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have it pretty good for bread in Chiang Rai these days but it's still worth a trip out to Ban Lom Jen HomeStay on baking days (Sundays and Wednesdays) for something a bit different.

Excellent baked cheese rolls and raisin bread along with a great apple crumble pie makes it worth the trip alone.

I see you can order online so as not to be disappointed.

http://bakerybljh.weebly.com/contact.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...