Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

^^ I'm surprised the checkout girls at Big C don't give you a wai, they seem to everyone else.

They don't wai me, they just stroke my hand while giviing me my change and receipt with their phone number on the back.

Not a silly as it seems, a girl in the phone shop put her private number on my phone last year when changing the card.

We must be hansum guys mate. B)

I get the wai's at Big C, but nothing else. Must be something to do with my wife standing beside me at the checkout :jap: :lol:

Edited by Garry

I'm spitting out the soap as I type this Garry, can't believe I confused a Suzuki with a Ducati, schoolboy error! Personally I quite like the white but wouldn't say no to red either.

So now we have a Lamborghini and a Ducati up here in CR we should make our own version of Fifth Gear's Lamborghini V Ducati races they've done. The twisty mountain roads would be ideal and with the occasional long straight included too it would be a youtube sensation. I'm sure the BIB would turn a blind eye for a few bottles of Blend and we could send the hashers out beforehand to tie up the soi dogs to stop any roadkill. Don't dismiss it without watching the video below and picturing the faces of the local kids as they line the streets waiting for the two blurs to flash before their eyes.

Hi Stu,

No dramas, juts a wind up from me. Wow there's a Lambo in the Rai, what model, colour, year, do you know? I reckon the Lambo in the hands of a good competent driver would have it all over me in the twisties. I would have a higher power to weight, but they would have it all over me in the traction and high G cornering speeds. Much as I would like to say they wouldn't, but I am a realist :D

It's been all good with the BIB so far. They just have big shit eating grins on their faces and wave me through the checkpoints if it doesn't have a bike lane. My 999 does have a bit of a rumble to her and guys on mopeds can generally hear me coming up behind them, even when I'm cruising. I don't know how many (not intentionally) I've probably scared the crap out of when I've thundered past at um.... highway speeds. :lol::ph34r: :jap: One time on the highway a joker almost fell out the back of a Songtau, he was leaned out so much looking / rubber necking at my bike when I was waiting to pass.

'Wow there's a Lambo in the Rai, what model, colour, year, do you know?'

Sure is, seen it myself. I'd say brand new or only 1-2 yrs old, think it was a Gallardo but maybe a Murcielago, it was going down the Super-Highway so didn't have the best view. It's dark grey like the one in the video and absolutely beautiful. Never thought I'd see one up here, I'd often see a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin etc back in the UK but it was still a pleasant surprise to see one in CR.

Sure is, seen it myself. I'd say brand new or only 1-2 yrs old, think it was a Gallardo but maybe a Murcielago, it was going down the Super-Highway so didn't have the best view. It's dark grey like the one in the video and absolutely beautiful. Never thought I'd see one up here, I'd often see a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin etc back in the UK but it was still a pleasant surprise to see one in CR.

I've seen a few nice Cars on the super-Highway just passing through, maybe it was some celebrity . Although it wouldn't surprise me if the Guy building the Hill Tribe football statium has one too.

Garry, give the BIB a 'Wheelie' next time you pass a checkpoint. You'd get arrested in the west, they'd probably see it as Sign of respect over here . Don't ya just love e'm :)

I've seen a few nice Cars on the super-Highway just passing through, maybe it was some celebrity . Although it wouldn't surprise me if the Guy building the Hill Tribe football statium has one too.

Garry, give the BIB a 'Wheelie' next time you pass a checkpoint. You'd get arrested in the west, they'd probably see it as Sign of respect over here . Don't ya just love e'm :)

Yes Jubby, that's the fella, up in Mae Chan.

The BIB love me so far mate. All I get is shit eating grins from them when I have to slow down to stop with the Ducati rumbling away. Generally when I start to grab my docs out its: mae pen rai, mae pen rai. bai bai

Fine by me, but you know Murphy's law, I pull a wheelie, go tits up and the BIB would really be laughing their collective <deleted> off at the stupid farang :lol:

Or weeping over the dings in the bike...

true.....things can get expensive real quick with Ducati's. A buddy of mine in Europe has a brand new set of factory 999R complete carbon fiber faring set. I intend getting the set, just don't tell the wife :)

Edited by Garry

• 2 weeks later...

What I DON'T like about where I am at the moment.

$35 to get my watch battery changed yesterday.

My mate's son telling me he'd love to bring his family to Thailand but just can't afford it.... while his 3 year old son plays with a new iPhone.

$28 a head last night for a very ordinary "all you can eat" buffet.

12c with hail warnings.

$20 for a couple of kilo of green veg, a few oranges and a piece of pumpkin.

$70 for two new popular fiction books. (I had gift vouchers :) ).

$10 for a pint of beer and an orange juice in the pub yesterday.

What I'm gonna just love here.....

The departure lounge at Adelaide Airport Sunday.

Edited by sceadugenga

What I DON'T like about where I am at the moment.

$35 to get my watch battery changed yesterday.

My mate's son telling me he'd love to bring his family to Thailand but just can't afford it.... while his 3 year old son plays with a new iPhone.

$28 a head last night for a very ordinary "all you can eat" buffet.

12c with hail warnings.

$20 for a couple of kilo of green veg, a few oranges and a piece of pumpkin.

$70 for two new popular fiction books. (I had gift vouchers :) ).

$10 for a pint of beer and an orange juice in the pub yesterday.

What I'm gonna just love here.....

The departure lounge at Adelaide Airport Sunday.

Maybe you should have posted this in the having a bad day/month thread ! B)

Sunday, on your way back already. What happens to the time :huh:

Brian and Su stopped by today. Had a nice visit. Brian delivered a LOT of pics on CD for me to have a look at when I get time.

Tonight, I made pancakes (flapjacks, hotcakes, whatever) for the wife and I. She loves pancakes with the maple (imitation) syrup. I'm pretty fond of them also. Nice dinner. She thinks she married a cook. HA!!

She wants to know if we can have them for breakfast tomorrow, with fried eggs. Of course we can.

Brian and Su stopped by today. Had a nice visit. Brian delivered a LOT of pics on CD for me to have a look at when I get time.

Tonight, I made pancakes (flapjacks, hotcakes, whatever) for the wife and I. She loves pancakes with the maple (imitation) syrup. I'm pretty fond of them also. Nice dinner. She thinks she married a cook. HA!!

She wants to know if we can have them for breakfast tomorrow, with fried eggs. Of course we can.

Enjoy your Breakfast Kd. Are you any good with homemade Hashbrowns ? . Maybe you could change your signature on here to Chef extrordinare or something ......... and give me a break without the fast , Already !? B)

Edited by jubby

Enjoy your Breakfast Kd. Are you any good with homemade Hashbrowns ? . Maybe you could change your signature on here to Chef extrordinare or something ......... and give me a break without the fast , Already !? B)

I'm great with hash browns. And french fries with the skins on. But so is she. And we just happen to have about four kilos of potatoes here. When can we expect you?

I'm great with hash browns. And french fries with the skins on. But so is she. And we just happen to have about four kilos of potatoes here. When can we expect you?

I'll just lock up . be there in an hour. I like my eggs over easy :)

Should I bring my Pipe & slippers or can I use yours ?

Edited by jubby

Should I bring my Pipe & slippers ?

Yeah, go ahead and bring the pipe wrench and slip-joint pliers. You can help me with some plumbing while you're here.

When did they start calling them pipe and slippers? Sounds like an Oz thing. But thanks for offering the help. I can use it. We'll eat when the job is done.

Hey can I come over as well...raincheck until after the 12th... :lol:

You have never seen jubby eat, have you? He can kill four kilos in one sitting. They will be gone before the 12th.

But you're always welcome to stop by.

Edited by kandahar

Should I bring my Pipe & slippers or can I use yours ?

I got the wall done and the window in. I was thinking about a break tomorrow. But she says she has an idea for tomorrow. So, I'll take a break next week.

You have never seen jubby eat, have you? He can kill four kilos in one sitting. They will be gone before the 12th.

Hmm so Jubby is a bit of a hoover on the nosh....I have my moments as well. Hey guys we have to meet up when I get back for sure.

I bet she'll have an Idea for next week also Kd. :lol:

Garry, I'll hang around Kd.s until you arrive, I'm sure I won't be in the way , Kd's a very accomadating Guy. B)

Anyway , ... where was I .......

Oh yes .......... Sing a long if you can ......... Blah .. de . Blah ...

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,

How you suffered for your sanity,

How you tried to set them free.

They would not listen, they're not listening still.

Perhaps they never will... B) .... Deep, ...... Very Deep

Hmm so Jubby is a bit of a hoover on the nosh....I have my moments as well. Hey guys we have to meet up when I get back for sure.

You wouldn't think so to look at me. Racing snake, thats me. Just eaten an Antelope , thats all :D

You wouldn't think so to look at me. Racing snake, thats me. Just eaten an Antelope , thats all :D

Uh oh, could be bad news jubby, I'm a tall streak of pelican shit myself and I like throwing the odd bit of stodge down my throat :lol:

;)

Garry, I'll hang around Kd.s until you arrive, I'm sure I won't be in the way , Kd's a very accomadating Guy. B)

Their still not listening now i guess ?;)

Edited by woralak

Does KD have Ducati parking? :ph34r::D

Does a bear shit in a wood ?.

Does a bear shit in a wood ?.

The meya says a polar doesn't.

Man, you need to get away from Don and get back to Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep and some of the other "real" groups. Don's gonna screw up your brain.

;)

Their still not listening now i guess ?;)

Too right ! B)

A bear stopped by a tree, backed up and leaned against it and commenced to take a dump.

A little rabbit came hopping by and thought that was a good idea, so he backed up to the tree right next to the bear and started his business. The rabbit looked up at the bear and said, "Hey, this is a good idea, isn't it?

The bear looked down at the rabbit and grunted, "uh, huh". Then the bear asked, 'Little rabbit, does shit make your fur smell bad?"

The little rabbit replied. "Oh, no, never. I have never, ever had a problem with that".

The bear said "Good", and then picked up the rabbit and wiped his ass with it.