Thai friends can be absolutely amazing and incredibly generous. Last night we stayed at 137 Pillars House in Chiang Mai, a surprise gift from a dear friend to celebrate my 60th birthday. She flew up from Bangkok today to spend the rest of the weekend with us. I'm a very lucky guy and I have great Thai friends. That is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

walking along chiang rai beach on a cool december morning watching the rice harvest in mid november from my deck watching the morning "rush hour" with Thais bundled up on their motorcys like they ar

OK i am sitting in USA and bored....so i find that i enjoy thinking of positive things about Chiang Rai...here's some more... hearing massage parlor girls ask "massage sir?" in a sing song voice sit

Here are some good things I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day. Yesterday was Loy Krathong here in Thailand, a lovely holiday though our animals are not fond of the noise. Today is Thanksgivin

Posted Images

Insulting post removed.

Just this one time I will remind members of these forum rules. Next time I will apply the rules with a suspension.

7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

Thai friends can be absolutely amazing and incredibly generous. Last night we stayed at 137 Pillars House in Chiang Mai, a surprise gift from a dear friend to celebrate my 60th birthday. She flew up from Bangkok today to spend the rest of the weekend with us. I'm a very lucky guy and I have great Thai friends. That is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone.

Very good news.

Great way to celebrate your 60th. May there be many more to celebrate with special surprises.

Sent from my iPhone.

Very good news.

Great way to celebrate your 60th. May there be many more to celebrate with special surprises.

Thanks for that Kev, it was for me the perfect way to celebrate 60. A romantic night with my wife in the most amazing hotel I have stayed in and then a night with our best friend at her home. There are just no words to describe how moved I was.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In our search for an electrician to finish off a couple of recent projects around the house, we came across the usual cowboys who clearly weren’t up to the job. On the recommendation of a friend, we contacted a teacher at a local technical college.

He came by and we showed him what we wanted. He was very polite while taking copious measurements and notes. About a week later he emailed a very detailed quote with all materials itemized. It all looked good so we said, okay.

He could only work on the weekend, when my wife isn’t home, so I was tasked with supervising. He pulled up with three assistants and I watched as they unpacked their gear. Their level of organization was impressive. They brought everything they could possibly need, even down to their own food and water. It didn’t take long for me to realize, my best move was to simply get out of their way.

They worked constantly for two days and the only break they took was at lunch around 1 o’clock. They worked until well after six last night finishing up a couple of freebies they agreed to. It was one of the most enjoyable worker experiences I have had and definitely ranks as a “good thing” in my book.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
I love ThaiVisa. I posted something recently in the much maligned General Forum and was humbled by the response. In a matter of two days it accumulated over 7600 views, eight pages of comments and the opening post itself received 58 likes. One guy signed up just so he could comment and one CR member contributed no less than eight heart warming comments in an effort to make me feel at home.

ThaiVisa is a very good thing.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well one of the Good Things I like is that I can associate with persons like VF with no preconceptions. Another Good Thing is that landing in Chiang Rai after traveling from the Middle East, puts a smile on my face every time. The Chiang Rai photos thread keeps me smiling & reminiscing when I'm away from my home. Cheers Garry :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Post removed

Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Like 1