Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

I bet she'll have an Idea for next week also Kd. :lol:

Garry, I'll hang around Kd.s until you arrive, I'm sure I won't be in the way , Kd's a very accomadating Guy. B)

Anyway , ... where was I .......

Oh yes .......... Sing a long if you can ......... Blah .. de . Blah ...

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,

How you suffered for your sanity,

How you tried to set them free.

They would not listen, they're not listening still.

Perhaps they never will... B) .... Deep, ...... Very Deep

Does KD have Ducati parking? :ph34r::D

You could park where VF used to park his Ninja. He's taking the Bus these days or so I here ;)

A bear stopped by a tree, backed up and leaned against it and commenced to take a dump.

A little rabbit came hopping by and thought that was a good idea, so he backed up to the tree right next to the bear and started his business. The rabbit looked up at the bear and said, "Hey, this is a good idea, isn't it?

The bear looked down at the rabbit and grunted, "uh, huh". Then the bear asked, 'Little rabbit, does shit make your fur smell bad?"

The little rabbit replied. "Oh, no, never. I have never, ever had a problem with that".

The bear said "Good", and then picked up the rabbit and wiped his ass with it.

I think I'll forgo asking about valet parking :lol:

Garry, I'll hang around Kd.s until you arrive, I'm sure I won't be in the way , Kd's a very accomadating Guy. B)

Man, you need to get away from Don and get back to Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep and some of the other "real" groups. Don's gonna screw up your brain.

Hey kd. Don who ? . I was talking to you :D

VF did say, several times, that he is on the bus, didn't he? But you know, those little green buses are a hoot. I ride them sometimes and always have an interesting, fun time. The wife always goes with me and SHE always has an interesting fun time. But we haven't seen VF yet. We'll keep an eye out.

Does KD have Ducati parking? :ph34r::D

Does a bear shit in a wood ?.

The meya says a polar doesn't.

You got Boris Johnson around tonight Woralak ? ..... Bet he likes that Tiger beer ;)

Hey, were on a roll tonight. Got 33 guests on here. Where the %$#@'s the Biffmeister ?

Edited by jubby

jubby, I think you're being attacked in another thread right now. I think it is the ATV for rent thread. Just got informed by an anonymous poster that I should let you know. Get over there quick and sort it out!

I liked this evening's unique rain shower. Reminiscent of rains in Hawaii, on the leeward side of the island. The clouds came over the mountains to the east with welcome showers, while the sun was still well above the horizon to the west. Brilliant sunshine and falling rain turns the world into a sparkling fantasy, remarkable to behold.

Ahh, Hawaii, we called it pinapple water or sprinkles if my memory serves. Quyte a shock if yout sunbathing.

jubby, I think you're being attacked in another thread right now. I think it is the ATV for rent thread. Just got informed by an anonymous poster that I should let you know. Get over there quick and sort it out!

Nah ! I'm outta here, I'm treading water in the doggy thread too. I know when I'm beat .

Leave this thread to phomsanuk and his purple rain. Cue for a another song ........

So its good night from me, and its good night from him B)

I liked this evening's unique rain shower. Reminiscent of rains in Hawaii, on the leeward side of the island. The clouds came over the mountains to the east with welcome showers, while the sun was still well above the horizon to the west. Brilliant sunshine and falling rain turns the world into a sparkling fantasy, remarkable to behold.

Ahh, Hawaii, we called it pineapple water or sprinkles if my memory serves. Quyte a shock if yout sunbathing.

Liquid sunshine and Hawaiian blessing. :)

Kd . Do you still have some spuds left. I could go a good brekkie with Hashbrowns and all.

I was offered Tadpoles for breakfast yesterday, TADPOLES !! :bah: ... HONEST.!. put me off eating for about 12 hours. Be good for anyone contemplating a diet B)

Kd . Do you still have some spuds left. I could go a good brekkie with Hashbrowns and all.

I was offered Tadpoles for breakfast yesterday, TADPOLES !! :bah: ... HONEST.!. put me off eating for about 12 hours. Be good for anyone contemplating a diet B)

Tadpoles? Who offered you tadpoles? I mean, I know pretty much anything is on the menu but, tadpoles <deleted>! YUK!

I can see why it put you off eating anything, just reading about it has put my face upside down. Were they cooked?

I guess I'm lucky, Ms Tastic doesn't go for 'odd' food. Brother in law however... I hope he's winding me up but I doubt it, everything he sees moving he says 'Bipp, doo! Arroi!'

He quite happily sits with a large sack of 'nok noi' and spends 3 hours plucking them till he ends up with 4 mouthfulls of birds bones, but won't eat chicken!

Even if I was starving it'd take me a week at least before I ate <deleted> tadpoles!!! sick.gif

I was almost physically Sick Biff ! ... But if it moves... they eat it.

No , The tadpoles where perchased at a local market, wrapped in bannana leaves , ready for the barbecue. I had no Idea what it was, but it was loveingly prepared and fussed over, so I guess it was a well missed delicacy.

It was mixed with herbs and didn't look all that bad. I have a habit of enquiring first before eating. The translation came out as baby frog, So was it baby frog ? . frogspawn or tadpoles ? .

I drew each on a piece of paper , multiple choice sort of thing. And the Tadpole won. I ate some curry I had made the night before, curry for breakfast , I can usually handle most things , but the thought of the tadpoles ......

Actually Biff, to be honest, I actually admire people who can make a meal from anything, Pondweed. Tadpoles , I'm sure with the right constitution , they are lovely.

Most of us would probably starve to death without a meal cooked in an Airconditioned Kitchen and prepared in some factory fed on penicillin & grown Hormones. before being Nuked in the Mocrowave B)

Yeah, she still has a few left.

I made a peanut butter sandwich for her yesterday and added just a bit of the maple syrup to it. She raved about how good that was. She still thinks she married a chef. So, maybe you'll get a peanut butter sandwich when you arrive. Just depends on how the chef feels that day.

She has discovered the joys of cheese on eggs and in other dishes. I just feel luckier and luckier every day I am married to her.

And a German stopped by yesterday with a big bowl of steaming potato soup for me. Wow! I have missed that. Going to try to find a crock-pot in Mae Sai tomorrow. If I get one of those, look out! I have missed my crock-pot.

Edited by kandahar

I was almost physically Sick Biff ! ... But if it moves... they eat it.

No , The tadpoles where perchased at a local market, wrapped in bannana leaves , ready for the barbecue. I had no Idea what it was, but it was loveingly prepared and fussed over, so I guess it was a well missed delicacy.

It was mixed with herbs and didn't look all that bad. I have a habit of enquiring first before eating. The translation came out as baby frog, So was it baby frog ? . frogspawn or tadpoles ? .

I drew each on a piece of paper , multiple choice sort of thing. And the Tadpole won. I ate some curry I had made the night before, curry for breakfast , I can usually handle most things , but the thought of the tadpoles ......

Actually Biff, to be honest, I actually admire people who can make a meal from anything, Pondweed. Tadpoles , I'm sure with the right constitution , they are lovely.

Most of us would probably starve to death without a meal cooked in an Airconditioned Kitchen and prepared in some factory fed on penicillin & grown Hormones. before being Nuked in the Mocrowave B)

Oh don't get me wrong, I admire it too, Pi Suk nipped down the river one day and came back with loads of fish, there's stuff to eat growing everywhere,they get the weeds out of the river, the birds out of the sky, the dogs out of the soi :lol: it's a good thing. But tadpoles? Nah, not for me, I reckon they must taste nice but, it's the texture that would make me sick.gif mind you I'm fussy like that!

Ms Tastic reckons her dad was into eating all kinds of stuff back in Korat, she's never really liked all the crickets and bugs and stuff herself. What we do get is beautiful fresh ingredients, I reckon some people would have a heart attack just wandering around the food market, without all the plastic packaged stuff we think of as being fresh. I love the food she cooks and have absolutely no appetite for weeks after I get back to England.

• 4 weeks later...

Had an especially nice afternoon/evening. Ordered some fabricated parts from my favorite fabricating shop this week and the pieces were delivered late this afternoon. Everything was cut and bent exactly as I requested, which is the norm there. Having worked with the guys from that shop quite a few times on other projects, I was happy to buy some beer and make an invitation of the delivery thing.

Both guys are from Burma, long-term residents and workers in CR. They filled me in on life in Burma and their gratefulness at finding good work here in CR. Spent a long evening chatting with them, with the help of the wife as interpretor. I even got into the beers with them, which is unusual for me. Nice visit, nice learning experience and nice people. Those two workers have a standing invite to return to our house. They will be back. Have had them over before, at the old place. Now they know where this place is. More good days coming, I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't really want to start a new thread for this so here it is. Good things in CR- I heard from ImageDude a few days ago. He has his new leg and is learning to use it. Will return to here sometime after the new year. Overall, things are progressing for him. His words sounded upbeat and optimistic. He also says that our local good guy, Biff, is staying in contact with him. Thanks Biff. And thanks ImageDude, for the update. Wishing a speedy recovery to you. CR will be a better place with your return.

kandahar

Edited by kandahar

Living 20 minutes S.E. of Chiang Sean puts me in central farm country.

Looking out the windows at the nearby deep green mountains ,sometimes with a cloud hanging from the crown

Watching everything grow on a daily basis

Taking care of our beautiful intelligent black pigs, (usually about 40). Every day they are a real joy ,all with different personalities looks ,and likes and dislikes.

Eating new fruit and vegetables that I still hadn't had yet.

Going out the door ,across the road and out threw the amazing rice fields,or just staring at them from the road.

Watching and sometimes helping the relatives with the crops.Seeing just how hard they work for so little.

Seeing how the Thais get such joy o/o the little things.

Riding my dirt bike up to Chiang Kong on a lovely afternoon on the Mekong River Rd. ,then taking back roads back home .Usually getting lost ,I had to return Via C.R. last time.

Going to the five 1 day/wk road markets, that I'm guaranteed to be the only non Thai. I think there amusement of me has worn off a lot a bit.

Making big plans for an overnight in Chiang Rai with a " list" ; Building materials ,Big C, Tesco,a movie,diner at the night market,and a long walk around town to get adjusted to the fast pace!

Going to the very small village shop were the owner speaks some English.He will not let me out without a Thai Language lesson and a big smile.

Driving to Chiang Sean and looking at all the sights,mainly farm fields rivers inluding the Mekong.

Going into the new major port under construction east of Chiang Sean on my bike ,getting by the security with only a smile.

Watching my G.F. Gins' connection with her family and village, something that has to be experienced to understand.

Touring the area looking for baby pigs ,talking (GIN)to the genuinely friendly villagers.

Laying in bed and listening and hearing NOTHING then interrupted by insects

I think everyone should make one of these lists monthly, It is a fine reminder of how lucky we are!

MARC G

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Some days are better than others. Yesterday was especially good for me.

The father-in-law never leaves the house. He has had a hard life, much of it brought on by his own doing. These days, he mostly sits in his bedroom looking at the walls. As long as I have known him, he hasn't left this property. It is a rare thing if he even steps off of the porch.

I know he used to farm rice and raise cattle. He used to walk several kilometers from town and back, every day, to tend 50 rai of farm ground. At some point, the land was sold and he went into the building trade, focusing on new buildings for the government. Later, he hurt himself pretty bad and had to give that up. Drinking took up more and more of his time until his thinking was permanently damaged.

I have felt bad for him since I have lived here. He is pretty much in his own little world and is only occasionally drawn out of that when the wife decides he needs a bath, a haircut or that his room needs to be cleaned. She has to give him special treatment and sooth him constantly in order to get him to comply with whatever it is she is trying to accomplish. I have often wondered why other family members don't take him out and about. The reasons have been explained to me but they don't make sense to me.

Yesterday, I decided that enough was enough. I told the wife that father and I were going to go for a drive, have a look at the river and stop here and there, get out of the truck and have a smoke and just goof off for a while. She was pretty much horrified that I would attempt that but she volunteered to go talk to him and see if she could persuade him to go. I told her I didn't need her help. He doesn't speak any English at all and I don't speak any Thai that could help but I thought I could make it work. The closest we have come to communicating is when he went after me with a hammer and I made it clear that it wasn't a good idea to do that. So, we had a starting point for talking, even if it was only with raised hammers or fists.

I found him on the porch, gave him the "let's go" sign and indicated that he should get in the truck. He did. The wife was so surprised to see me drive by her minutes later with father in the truck. We went to Chiang Rai beach and had a smoke, watching the river for a while, Then off to some farm grounds, looking at rice fields and observing the cattle. I stopped and let him talk to a fisherman. We observed the big temple by the river and meandered through several small trails along the river. Finally, I turned the truck towards home and signaled the end of the trip. When we arrived at the house, he got out and went in, as if it was an everyday thing.

That evening, the neighborhood of family was abuzz with talk that father had gone out. Unbelievable! And father was telling his daughters and his wife about his trip. My wife told him that he could go anywhere he wanted in the future if he just gave me the "let's go" sign. He got very excited and asked her where we would go. She told him I would take him in whichever direction he pointed.

It really was a satisfying experience for me. I'm looking forward to the next trip out with him. I wish we could have done this sooner but he has been confrontational with me all along and has only recently started to decide that this Farang son-in-law may be okay after all.

I don't write this to draw attention to myself. I write it because I think maybe it will cause one or two others to get involved with family in a way that they haven't before. I know lots of us interact with family here and I know a few who just kind of live and let live. Maybe there are one or two out there who will take that extra step to bring some happiness into an older family member's life.

I didn't say a word to father during our trip yesterday. He didn't say a word to me. But we each enjoyed the company of the other.

• Like 2

Nice posts Kd. I know an old Guy in the Village. Nice old Guy. he had a stroke or something about a year ago.

The last time I saw him was when I picked him up from the Hospital (physically) and put him in the front passenger seat and took him home.

I dont think hes left his bed or the TV since.

He weights about a couple of Kilo's . It would be so easy to pick him up and take him out. But no ones gonna offer.

The trip would open his little world again just like your father-in-laws.

Certainly wouldnt need to say a word to him too :)

The father-in-law never leaves the house. He has had a hard life, much of it brought on by his own doing. These days, he mostly sits in his bedroom looking at the walls. As long as I have known him, he hasn't left this property. It is a rare thing if he even steps off of the porch.

I know he used to farm rice and raise cattle. He used to walk several kilometers from town and back, every day, to tend 50 rai of farm ground. At some point, the land was sold and he went into the building trade, focusing on new buildings for the government. Later, he hurt himself pretty bad and had to give that up. Drinking took up more and more of his time until his thinking was permanently damaged.

I have felt bad for him since I have lived here. He is pretty much in his own little world and is only occasionally drawn out of that when the wife decides he needs a bath, a haircut or that his room needs to be cleaned. She has to give him special treatment and sooth him constantly in order to get him to comply with whatever it is she is trying to accomplish. I have often wondered why other family members don't take him out and about. The reasons have been explained to me but they don't make sense to me.

Yesterday, I decided that enough was enough. I told the wife that father and I were going to go for a drive, have a look at the river and stop here and there, get out of the truck and have a smoke and just goof off for a while. She was pretty much horrified that I would attempt that but she volunteered to go talk to him and see if she could persuade him to go. I told her I didn't need her help. He doesn't speak any English at all and I don't speak any Thai that could help but I thought I could make it work. The closest we have come to communicating is when he went after me with a hammer and I made it clear that it wasn't a good idea to do that. So, we had a starting point for talking, even if it was only with raised hammers or fists.

I found him on the porch, gave him the "let's go" sign and indicated that he should get in the truck. He did. The wife was so surprised to see me drive by her minutes later with father in the truck. We went to Chiang Rai beach and had a smoke, watching the river for a while, Then off to some farm grounds, looking at rice fields and observing the cattle. I stopped and let him talk to a fisherman. We observed the big temple by the river and meandered through several small trails along the river. Finally, I turned the truck towards home and signaled the end of the trip. When we arrived at the house, he got out and went in, as if it was an everyday thing.

That evening, the neighborhood of family was abuzz with talk that father had gone out. Unbelievable! And father was telling his daughters and his wife about his trip. My wife told him that he could go anywhere he wanted in the future if he just gave me the "let's go" sign. He got very excited and asked her where we would go. She told him I would take him in whichever direction he pointed.

It really was a satisfying experience for me. I'm looking forward to the next trip out with him. I wish we could have done this sooner but he has been confrontational with me all along and has only recently started to decide that this Farang son-in-law may be okay after all.

I don't write this to draw attention to myself. I write it because I think maybe it will cause one or two others to get involved with family in a way that they haven't before. I know lots of us interact with family here and I know a few who just kind of live and let live. Maybe there are one or two out there who will take that extra step to bring some happiness into an older family member's life.

I didn't say a word to father during our trip yesterday. He didn't say a word to me. But we each enjoyed the company of the other.

It's nice how things just happen and sometimes for the good of all. Thanks for sharing mate B)

In a Word BRILLIANT.

Well it just goes to show the world still has good people in it,i,m refering to Kandahar (nice one M8).

There's an old lady lives a house but one from us,she is 87 and a bit senile but very sweet,one day on returning from shoping on the 125 honda as we passed by her gate we could hear what sounded like a mouse squeaking,it was the old lady with the gate on top of her,she had the most enormous egg on her forehead,we (the missus) lifted the gate up off her and gently sat her up,she was in a state of shock the wife calmed her and i ran for the car,i lifted her into the car and we high tailed it to the hospital,that was that,anyhoo they kept her in over night and she came home the next day (or so we were told )by another neighbor and (not the family),we did here that one of the family was rather pissed at us as she was called from work by the hospital,not a thank you or even a nod of the head when was pass,so it just goes to show it's nice to be nice but sometimes it's unrewarding,not that we wanted a reward anyway,a simple thanks would have been nice.

I saw my first Atlas moth for this season two nights ago. He was flitting around under a streetlight. More to come, I'm sure.

Hey KD+we just have one, for two days+buityfull animal.!

Yes they are. Maybe I'll get one here at the house.