BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
villagefarang

Good Things Topic.

Between the heat, the smoke and Songkran madness this is my least favorite time of year but it sure makes an icy man-cave, with a big screen TV and plenty of movies, a wonderful place to pass the time.smile.png

• Like 1

Yes that really does sound good. Although thrilled and thankful to be back, adjusting to heat and smoke is taking its time. With all the water coming an icy man cave does sound like the perfect prescription for our current situation.

Enviously Randell

• Like 2

Interesting place just been built on the river, coffee was so so and we were to early for food but the surroundings were great.

Near the jail on the southern bank.

post-38081-14608776589963_thumb.jpg

post-38081-14608777176089_thumb.jpg

post-38081-14608777907334_thumb.jpg

post-38081-14608778403373_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Driving home this morning from Chiang Mai was a good thing in itself with very little traffic on the 118 and the freedom to enjoy the high speed bends in the mountains. Stopping for coffee at Doi Chaang was very nice as I hadn’t visited since the remodel. Its nice to be home and it was so much fun getting here.

Coffee%2BArt%2BDoi%2BChaang-%2B1.jpg

Coffee%2BArt%2BDoi%2BChaang-%2B2.jpg

Coffee%2BArt%2B8.jpg

• Like 2

The Royal Project store has a some tasty items, smoked duck breast and smoked pork fillet (described as smoked pork chop).

Vacuum sealed for your convenience, useful deli goods with numerous culinary uses.

I'll have to check out those duck breasts - is the Royal Project Store the one on the bottom floor of Central near the food court?

• Like 1

That's the one.

Great veg as well.

Whenever we shop at Central the Royal Project shop is always a port of call. They have good veggies as Sceadugenga has stated.

• Like 1

No smoked duck breasts or pork fillet this evening when I checked. :( They did have some pheasant (or partridge maybe?) that I may try in the future.

It's my fault, I started a stampede, I got the final pack of pork myself on Thursday.

Hopefully they will restock soon.

The pheasant sounds interesting.

• Like 1

The linchees are ripe... well, ripe enough for me anyway, I don't mind them a bit tart so I get to enjoy these closest to the ground while the sweet tooths wait another couple of days.... smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

• Like 1

Someone just put me over 10,000 Likes, so that has to be a good thing.biggrin.png

Must have been Boomerangutang.

• Like 1